Chapter 23
188 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arel and Sile knew the end of the war had come. The news was posted in every conspicuous place on Spacewave. The government always wanted to flaunt good news and hide any negative news. So nowhere in the report did it mention the number of casualties or the cost of the war. 

"How long do you think we'll have before the empire comes to deal with us?" Sile asked listlessly. 

"Probably a year, maybe two? The damage they've suffered this time is too high" Arel responded dotingly. 

"Do you think the federation will attack before then? Will we even need to cooperate?" Sile continued. 

Arel wondered for a while before answering, "The federation will probably wait until they have improved their armaments before launching an attack on the empire. Even if they can win now, they still have to take into account the zerg". 

The two of them were a little worried. If the federation didn't attack before the empire had settled, they would have to deal with the probing attacks. 

... 

Arel and Sile's worries were not groundless. Two years after the battle with the zerg ended, they finally encountered a small force. When the warships entered the galaxy, they had already become aware of it. They watched coldly as the ten warships stayed outside of the asteroid field. 

The warships didn't make them wait long, and cannons were fired, directly hitting many of the asteroids. The shots continued for a long time, creating more and more debris, however this debris was far less dangerous than the original asteroid field. 

Sile looked at Arel and asked. 

"When are you going to start?" 

Arel smiled and connected to the defences in the solar system. On a small moon circling the planet closest to the asteroid field, a light appeared, slowly increasing in size. The warships outside couldn't see through the debris, but if they could they would know that the weapon was charging up. However none of the captains of those warships had foresight. As for hindsight? They would never have that opportunity. 

When the weapon reached its full charge, it sent out multiple beams, locked onto the invading warships, directly obliterating the debris in the asteroid field, by the time the warships had seen these beams; they had already arrived in front of them. 

The beams were like a hot knife through butter, directly cutting the ships in half. The lucky people would have been hit by that beam, a searing instant death. Much better than those who were forced to suffocate in the vacuum of space. 

It wasn't long before those broken ships slowly drifted into the asteroid field, becoming a new barrier to protect the solar system inside. 

The moment the ships were destroyed, the government knew. Seeing their destruction made many of the ministers present a little dumbfounded. They had been told by the emperor that the two omegas had probably weaponized the entire area, but many of the ministers refused to believe it. 

All in all, it was because they still ahd prejudice against omegas. This was a harsh slap in the face. Not only was the asteroid field not cleared out, but now they added the danger of a ship being destroyed before they could even see what was inside. 

"If normal warships are no match for their weapons, then send in a battleship. The armour is azandium, and should easily be able to withstand that beam attack" spoke one of the commanders. 

The rest agreed with him, so the emperor had no choice but to send in a more advanced fleet. He didn't believe a single battleship could pose a problem for the two. In the end he decided to send in five battleships. With advanced weaponry from the rebels, and azandium armour, they should be on a level playing field. 

When Arel and Sile saw the battleships, they still weren't worried. Although the defences they placed at the entrance of the asteroid field couldn't damage the battleship, but the lasers were built for this very purpose. 

So when the a battleships were busy dealing with the asteroid field, Arel activated the more advanced weapons built onto the planets closer to them. 

Azandium has strong defence. It can be said to be almost impenetrable. It's melting heat is so high that only a continuous laser could melt it, which is exactly the omegas' plan. 

This time the weapon didn't need to charge. Multiple lasers fired from different planets. Rendering the asteroids useless. The lasers hit the battleships in the core areas. Each ships had to deal with multiple beams. Thanks to the azandium they didn't get cut in half instantly, but the sizzling of the metal could be heard by the captains of each ship. 

They tried to use evasive maneuvers, but the beam would just lock onto another important spot when their original spot was out of range. The captains of the battleships fired haphazardly into the asteroid field. Many of their shots managed to bypass the asteroid field and hit some of the planets and moons nearby. 

Arel and Sile didn't care if those planets were damaged. They were there for that very purpose. To deflect the damage to the main areas. The battleships were soon overwhelmed by the constant laser attacks, and soon explosions started aboard the ships. The empires battleship can be said to be extremely difficult to attack from the outside, but if it explodes from the inside, well, only the azandium plating survived the blow. 

Now the entire room was silent. Five battleships destroyed just like that. The worst part is that they saw drones passing through the asteroid field, checking for any survivors. When they were certain it was clear, the drones started to drag the battleships inside. 

Even the emperor was surprised by this blatant display. He felt a headache coming. At this point it was exceptionally clear that it would take a massive cost to fight their way into that solar system, and he hasn't forgotten that those mecha haven't shown up yet. If they can annihilate the elite zerg that easily, then what could they do to the army? 

6