part – 2 “A Deadly Encounter with a Modern Ship”
181 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a cold, foggy afternoon that day

"Why aren't we seeing any land?" asked one of the scientists in their group while staring at the sea ahead of them.

The lead archaeologist smiled and replied, "I'm sure Commander Decken knows better."

"How can you be so confident about this?" We've been sailing in the same direction for three weeks now. Why hasn't there been any land? There should be some islands or something along the way. I thought we were supposed to explore the new world!" said the second scientist.

We are exploring the new world, but we also need to ensure that we don't harm the environment and the indigenous species that inhabit it," replied the first scientist. "We have a responsibility to study and understand this new world without causing any irreversible damage."

A few minutes later, something appeared on their radar.

"What do you think that is?" another scientist inquired.

"Send a UAV to investigate," said Commander Decken. They were determined to proceed with caution. As the UAV flew towards the unknown object, they held their breath in anticipation of what they might discover.

as the UAV got visuals on the object that was heading toward them. The captain orders the cruisers to prepare for any possible scenario, while the scientists frantically try to identify the unknown object on the video feed. As it gets into their visual range, they realize that it's unlike anything they've ever seen before. It's an old and battered merchant ship. The ship looked like it had just escaped from a Pirates of the Caribbean movie set. "Well, I guess our trip to the new world just got a lot more interesting," said the first scientist with a sarcastic tone.

Commander Decken then ordered his crew to keep a close watch on the merchant ship and to be prepared for any eventuality. The scientists began to scan the ship with their tools, trying to glean any information they could about it and its crew. Commander Decken then ordered his crew to keep a close watch on the merchant ship and to be prepared for any eventuality. The scientists began to scan the ship with their tools, trying to glean any information they could about it and its crew.

"Sir, we have received reports of human activity on the ship."

The ship might not be a ghost ship or a pirate ship and might actually have a valid reason for being there, like being a merchant ship or a part of another scientific expedition.

As the vessel slowly came into view, it was obvious that this was no ordinary merchant ship. At the helm, a figure with an eye patch, a bushy beard, and a sinister grin stood tall. The flag that flew from the mast was a menacing black, with a skull and crossbones boldly displayed. There was no mistaking it; this was a pirate ship, and it was headed straight for them.

"Don't fire the cannons just yet! They might be carrying expensive items! ", declared the pirate ship's captain. The pirate ship's captain was renowned for his astute business acumen, and he understood that using a strategic approach would yield greater rewards.

"What about the other ship?" asked one of the captain's underlings, pointing at Queen Anne's revenge.

"We won't worry about the smaller ship; it isn't important to us. The bigger one might be carrying valuable cargo!" replied the captain

To the pirates, it seemed like an easy target—just another vessel to plunder and pillage. But what they didn't know was that the modern ship was equipped with state-of-the-art technology and weaponry. Little did they know that the decision to attack this ship was actually a death wish.

They also tried to establish communication with the merchant ship using 1MC (One Main Circuit). "This is the UN expeditionary force! I request that you immediately identify yourself and state your intentions," Commander Decken said.

The pirates scoffed at the attempt to communicate, thinking it was just another feeble attempt to scare them off. They continued to approach the frigate, confident in their abilities to overcome any resistance.

Commander Decken frowned as he continued to observe the ship through his binoculars. The lack of response was concerning, and he couldn't shake the feeling that the man who was standing at the helm was up to something. Meanwhile, the crew of the UN expeditionary force remained on high alert, ready to defend themselves if necessary. As the tension grew, Commander Decken sighed and made the decision.

Commander Decken ordered a warning shot to be fired towards the approaching enemy ships, hoping to deter them from any aggressive actions. The crew watched anxiously as the warning shot echoed across the ocean, waiting to see how the enemy would respond.

"Captain! "Their ship is sending us a warning shot!" shouted one of the pirate's underlings.

"Keep on moving! "It's only one cannon!" The Flying Dutchman's cannon caught the attention of the captain of the pirate ship, who initially mistook it for a piece of decor. He understood, though, that it wasn't just for show, as the warning shot impacted the water a few meters from their ship. thinking that reloading might take some time.

but as the Flying Dutchman was now at the pirate's cannon range The pirates were not messing around, and the situation had become more serious than he initially thought. He quickly ordered his men to prepare for battle and to man their own cannons. The crew of the Flying Dutchman knew that they had to act fast and efficiently to avoid being hit by the pirates' cannon fire.

The Flying Dutchman, on the other hand, has a strong shell that allows it to easily resist hostile fire.

According to data from the UAV launched two years ago and subsequent unmanned flights, most aquatic life appeared to have experienced some form of higantism, which resulted in the loss of numerous UTVs (Utility Task Vehicles). As a result, the military has created a new type of UTV that is fortified with tougher materials in order to survive attacks from these bigger aquatic monsters. This new technique has proven to be effective in subsequent operations, significantly reducing the number of UTV losses. This brings us to the Flying Dutchman, which is a trustworthy and tough ship for any offworld mission because it has also been reinforced with these strong materials.

As the pirates fired their cannons, the Flying Dutchman effortlessly withstood the attacks; thanks to its reinforced hull, the projectile only chipped its paint.

The captain of the pirate ship flinched as he saw their attacks were ineffective against the Flying Dutchman's sturdy construction, realizing their firepower didn't stand a chance against such a strong ship. He quickly ordered his crew to retreat. knowing that continuing the battle would only lead to their defeat and possible capture by the enemy.

"Commander, the ship is getting away."

"Good"

As the scientists heard that the pirate ship was retreating, they asked if they could capture them, knowing that they might give us information about this place and probably ask some questions.

The commander thought for a moment and nodded in agreement, realizing that the scientists' plan could be beneficial to their mission. He ordered the crew to prepare for the pursuit and capture of the pirate ship.

Hearing Commander Decken's approval, the scientist gave a deviant smile.

Back to the pirate ship, which is sailing away, oblivious to what is about to occur. One of the pirates who had just finished rigging the ship and took a little rest on top of the mast while looking at the two ships there running from suddenly turned pale after one of the ships slowly changed its course, locking to their ship. Sweat started to pour down his face, and he yelled,

"Captain, their ship is getting closer!" He shouted in a panic-stricken voice, pointing his hand towards the ship.

The captain calmly replied, "We will not panic. Prepare the cannons and ready the crew for battle." The crew quickly followed his orders, determined to defend their ship.

As the ship draws closer and closer, gaining speed and catching up to them, tension starts to build up among both sides of the crew, but they remain focused on their tasks, knowing that their lives and the safety of the ship depend on their actions. The captain of the pirate ship stands tall, watching the approaching ship with a steely gaze, ready to lead his crew into battle if necessary.

He regretted approaching the ship in the first place, and now knowing that their weapons are useless, he wonders if there is any way to negotiate a peaceful resolution and avoid capture, but he knows that ultimately the decision lies with the captain of the other ship.

"How's the pirate ship's crew?" asked Commander Decken while sitting on the captain's chair. (chair in the middle of the bridge of a ship, from which the captain of the ship controls the ship and gives orders to the crew. The chair is typically located in the center of the bridge so that the captain has a good view of all of the ship's controls and instruments. The chair is also often equipped with a communication system so that the captain can communicate with other ships or shore stations.)

"They are expecting us to board their ship; they are currently preparing for a fight," replied Lieutenant McRegor. "I suggest we approach with caution and be prepared for any unexpected moves."

The flying Dutchman is now beside the pirate ship. The flying Dutchman was so big that the pirates had to look up to see its deck

But just as the Flying Dutchman is about to board the pirate ship, a voice booms out from the ship's loudspeaker. "This is Commander Decken of the Flying Dutchman. I request your immediate surrender and cooperation. Any resistance will be met with force."

The captain glances up at their ship, noticing a dark figure bending down to them and waving his hand as if greeting them. The guy above was Lieutenant McRegor, along with a team of armed men dressed in Hazmat suits behind him, waiting for orders, carrying a shotgun with beanbag rounds. (it's a non lethal round. also idk what kind of shotgun they're using; just use your imagination).

"Fire the cannons!" shouted the pirate ship's commander, sending a hail of cannonballs at the ship at point-blank range. Smoke began to pour from the barrel. Lieutenant McRegor exhaled and rested his palm on his forehead when the smoke had cleared. "What were these idiots thinking?" Lutenant said to himself, tiredly, There were no dents; only cannonball marks were visible.

"Look, Lieutenant McRegor is here to save the day! His magical forehead palm-resting technique is sure to protect us from any harm. And what do you know? It worked! There are no dents on our ship, only small, insignificant cannonball marks. Way to go, Lieutenant. You truly are the hero we need," one of the lutenant's men said quietly, trying his best to hold his laughter with the rest.

"Damage report?" asked Commander Deken.

"No damage or noticeable dents, sir."

"Good, return fire." Make sure to disable their mast and don't harm the crew. Dr. Sarah wants them alive for her experiments.

"Alright boys! It looks like the doctor's has some interesting plans for those poor enemy sailors. I wonder what kind of experiments she has in mind. Well, as long as we can disable their mast without causing too much harm, we'll be able to put on quite the show for our resident mad scientist. And hey, at least Commander So-and-So can take comfort in the fact that his ship remains "insignificantly" marked by cannonballs. Cheers to that!" said the gunner.

The Flying Dutchman then slowly distanced itself from the pirate ship so that it could aim precisely at the mast.

"Captain, their ship is slowly moving away!" shouted one of the pirate underlings.

The tension on the pirate ship rose as they watched the Flying Dutchman's MK-45 gun baterry started to turn towards the pirate ship.

The captain of the pirate ship quickly realized the danger and ordered his crew to steer the ship away as fast as possible. However, it was too late, as the enemy ship's cannon fired a precise shot that hit one of the three masts, causing it to collapse onto the deck of the pirate ship, permanently disabling it.

Seeing what the damage had done to his ship, his sweat started to pour down on his face

" The captain knew that they were in a dire situation and needed to act fast. They quickly gathered their crew and began discussing their plans. One of the pirate's underlings suggested surrender, realizing that escape would only lead to certain death. " The pirate captain responded "I didn't become a pirate to surrender; we will fight until the end and make them regret ever crossing our path!"

The pirate crew prepared for their last stand as the Flying Dutchman approached. They knew it was a fight they couldn't win, but they were determined to go down fighting. The captain rallied his men and gave them a fiery speech, urging them to give it their all. "Men, we may be outnumbered and outgunned, but we are pirates! We do not surrender, and we do not back down. Today, we fight for our pride and our freedom! I need each and every one of you to give it your all. Together, we can make a stand; we may not be remembered for centuries to come. You know that our end promises us a glorious death in battle, but it is not just about dying for a cause. It is about living with honor and fighting for what we believe in, no matter the cost. So, raise your swords high and let's show them what true pirates are made of!"

With a resounding cheer from his crew, the pirate captain led the charge, planning to ram the ship towards their inevitable fate. As the enemy ship closed in, the pirates readied their weapons and braced for impact. It was do or die time, and they were ready to make their stand as their ship began to slow down.

But just as the enemy ship was about to collide with theirs, the enemy ship conducted evasive maneuvers. avoiding the collision by mere inches. The crew let out a sigh of relief as they continued their pursuit of the enemy ship, ready for whatever challenges lay ahead.

The crew knew that they had to be prepared for any sudden moves by the enemy ship. They tightened their grip on their weapons and kept a watchful eye on the enemy's every move.

"Looks like we pissed them off," Commander Decken growled as he watched the enemy ship narrowly avoid collision with their own. The crew of the pirate ship braced themselves for the inevitable retaliation, but they were determined to show their worth as true pirates. They readied their weapons and kept a watchful eye on the enemy ship, knowing that they had to be prepared for any sudden moves. The chase continued, with both ships locked in a deadly dance of pursuit and evasion. But the pirates were not about to give up; they would fight until their last breath, if need be.

"Sir, they're heading toward us again. Wait! "They're not firing their cannons!?" shouted the captain's underlings.

"How interesting!" shouted the captain, who is now filled with adrenaline.

The pirates' glee at the flying Dutchman that is now sailing too close to them now sees men in fire hoses (it is called boarding defense). (It is a non-lethal way to deter or stop pirates from boarding a ship.)

the Flying Dutchman's crew, then sprayed them with high-pressure water on the deck. The force of the water was enough to knock down an unfortunate pirate who was standing in its way. Some were thrown overboard by the powerful jet of water, while others were lucky enough to quickly retreat inside their ship. This method has been proven effective against pirates in their world.

"Let's go, men!" shouted Lieutenant McRegor as he wore his mask (an M50 full-face mask) while repelling down to the enemy ship with his men.

One of the men throws a flash bang. Even though it's overkill, it's an effective way of disorienting the pirates and gaining the upper hand in the fight with a foe with unknown abilities. As one of the pirate crew members who has animal like features starts covering his cat like ears after the flash bang goes off, McRegor takes advantage of the distraction and charges forward to engage in close combat, choosing to punch the huge sucker in the face instead of shooting him. knocking it to the ground instantly.

Two more men attacked from behind, holding cutlasses, but were knocked down by his men with their gun. (non lethal). knocking three more Ruffians down. Another pirate dashed towards them but was blown away by the water, (which sprayed them with high-pressure water on the deck).

The deck was now empty, and the others had retreated inside the ship. They damn well know that they're walking into a trap, but they have no choice but to continue forward and face the consequences. They tightened their grip on their weapons and prepared for the inevitable confrontation.

Two pirates were now waiting for them to come inside. Then a flashbang entered the room, disorienting the two pirates, who were then knocked down with their guns. The captain can clearly hear his crew shouting battle cries, only to be interrupted by multiple loud bangs. The sound drew closer and closer.

The captain is grateful for his mother's teachings as he channels his magical energy into his hands, creating an orb of lightning as he waits for them to come. As the captain waits for the impending battle, his mind drifts back to his past. He remembers the lessons his mother taught him about controlling his magical energy and using it to defend himself and others. He thinks about the times he had to fight off bullies in his youth, always finding a non-lethal way to subdue them. Now, as he faces yet another battle, he hopes that he can continue to use his skills in a way that honors his past and protects his crew. Remembering how he lost his mom fighting in a pirate raid and how he was captured and forced to become a pirate himself,the captain is determined to use his magic to rise through the ranks and become a powerful force to be reckoned with. He knows that by using his abilities, he can lead his crew to victory and earn the respect of his peers. As the sound of approaching footsteps grows louder, the captain closes his eyes and focuses on his magic, feeling it surge through him like a wave. The captain feels a surge of sadness and anger. He pushes aside the emotions, knowing that he needs to stay focused on the present moment. The captain feels a sense of pride. Knowing that he is honoring his mother's memory by using his powers, even though he is a notorious pirate, he has his own plan. Remembering his mother's advice to always use his skills for good, he sets his sights on becoming the greatest pirate captain to ever sail the seas. He knows that with determination, hard work, and a touch of magic, anything is possible. As he prepares for battle, he takes a moment to reflect on how far he has come and how much he has yet to achieve. With his mother's wisdom guiding him, he feels confident that he can overcome any obstacle that comes his way. But as the battle rages on, the captain suddenly hears his mother's voice in his mind saying, "Don't." He hesitates for a moment, wondering if he should continue fighting. But he knows that this is what he must do to protect his crew and their quest for treasure. He pushes aside the doubt and presses on, using his powers to defeat their enemies. As the fighting subsides, he feels a twinge of guilt for ignoring his mother's warning. But he knows that sometimes you have to take risks and make tough choices in order to achieve your goals.

McRegor gestures for them to follow him as they make their way deeper into the ship's interior, finally reaching the door He takes a deep breath and opens it, hoping that what lies behind it will be worth the risk. As the door creaks open, McRegor's heart races with anticipation.

The captain of the pirate ship was now standing in front of him, glaring with a menacing look. McRegor knew that this was the moment of truth, and he had to act fast.

The captain sees the men dressed in strange yellow armor (hazmat suits). And without warning, he fired a magic bolt of lightning, hitting McRegor.

McRegor was knocked to the ground, still conscious but in immense pain, as if he had been punched in the gut. To his surprise, McRegor was shocked to see that the pirate had magic, something he had only seen in TV shows and movies. He realized that this was going to be a much tougher fight than he had anticipated. Another bolt of lightning hit Lutenant's men, but one of his men was lucky and was able to shoot the pirate's arm with a beanbag round, bruising the pirate and causing him to drop his hand, but it did not stop him from throwing another blow. The captain tries again and again, but to no avail; most of McRegor's men are still standing, even though in pain; they are now in a deadlock, both sides determined to win the fight and unwilling to back down.

The pirate got down on his knees and cried sadly. "That spell was enough to kill a normal being," he whispered to himself.

He remembers his mother's voice saying "Don't,", and now he has paid the price for it. McRegor approached him and extended his hand, holding a handcuff. The defeated pirate reluctantly accepted his fate and allowed McRegor to cuff him. He had underestimated his opponent, and now he had to face the consequences of his actions. As they led him away, the pirate couldn't help but feel a sense of shame for his defeat.

"What were you guys thinking?" asked McRegor while dragging him to the deck of his own ship.

As he got out of his ship, he was shocked to see that all of his crew was alive and there were no casualties. He saw men being tied down to the broken mast. He felt a sense of relief knowing that all of his crew was safe, but couldn't help feeling embarrassed and humiliated for being defeated.

"Forgive me, my men," he said. "I have failed you," he admitted, but the crew forgave him, understanding that their food was nearly depleted and that it was not entirely his fault; in fact, they were relieved to be rescued and grateful to have their captain back. It was a humbling experience for the once-arrogant pirate captain, but he knew he had learned a valuable lesson and would never underestimate the sea or his opponent again.

4