Intro
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic, the light of the soul. Once thought to be superstition, it is now part of the reality we live in.

The year 2XXX heralded the arrival of the [Unknowns], an extra-dimensional threat that seeks to devour everything. The world was caught unprepared. Conventional weapons is mostly ineffective.

Countries were forced to nuke their own territories just to deny the advance of the [Unknowns]. It worked, but it rendered most of the world uninhabitable.

Yet along with this tragedy came a blessing, the Awakening as it was called.

Witches, females who were able to freely manipulate mana, and Mages, males who have an innate reservoir of mana. Witches have no magic in their bodies, diminishing their uses. Mages cannot control their mana, rendering them useless.

But a ritual was discovered, linking the Mage and Witch. This ritual enables the Witch to siphon mana from their partner to manifest [Exceed Armaments] while it enables the Mages to control their own mana to a degree.

Thus the Gemini System came forth, ushering the retaliation of Humanity.

The [Unknowns] were pushed back and the people were no longer living under the threat of extinction.

Humanity begins to rebuild, stronger than ever. Yet the danger has not passed. Once in a while, a portal would open up in random places. If these portals were not cleared and destroyed, it would begin to spill out the [Unknowns] that inhabit inside it. These portals were called [Zones].

And so the [Gemini Agency] was made to counter the thread of these [Zones]. In response to the escalating appearance of these [Zones], the [Artificial Armaments] were made, augmenting the battle strength of the Mages.

 

-- Gemini Agency Pamphlet, page XX

3