Vol: 2 Ch: 8: First Contact
140 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why did you come with us pirate?” Nami asked looking at Luffy suspiciously.

“It might be Zoro my other crew member who Gohan sensed, we got separated earlier.” Luffy said as he walked next to them.

“So how many crew members do you have exactly?” Gohan asked glancing at him.

“Four counting you two.” Luffy said smiling.

“I’m not joining your crew! How many time do I have to tell you!” Nami yelled at him.

“shishishi… come on it will be fun.” Luffy said laughing.

“… guys we’re here.” Gohan said looking at them as they turned around a corner seeing an old man with round glasses wearing makeshift armor made up whatever he could find, he was feeding a small dog.

“Ahh man it’s not Zoro. Hey old man what are doing?” Luffy asked walking forward waving at the old man.

“… what are you three doing here?” the old man asked grabbing a spear that was on his back pointing it at them.

“Woah, easy we just landed here, and we wanted to resupply.” Nami lied quickly holding her hands up. “My name is Nami, and this is Gohan… and that’s Luffy but he’s not with us we just ran into him.”

“… My name is Boodie and I’m the mayor of this town… you guys should just leave it’s not safe here a pirate crew has taken over, the island.” The Boodie said putting down the spear.

“We know we saw their ship when we docked our boat.” Nami said putting her hands down looking at Boodie.

“What! They didn’t see you, did they?” Boodie asked worriedly.

“No, we docked on the east side of the island.” Nami said shaking her head.

“That’s good but you guys should still leave before they find you.” Boodie said looking at them.

“We would but we need to resupply before we leave.” Nami said.

“What’s this dog doing here?” Luffy asked interrupting the conversation crouching down to poke the dog in the face causing the dog to suddenly bite Luffy’s face. “AHHH LET GO!!!” Luffy shouted as he tried to pull the dog off, but the dog wouldn’t let go.

“Chouchou!! Stop that right now let go of him!!!” Boodie shouted as he grabbed Chouchou pulling him off Luffy’s face. “Chouchou you shouldn’t be doing that.” Boodie said looking at Chouchou who sat back down, yawning.

“… you guys have evacuated the town due to the pirates, right?” Gohan asked Boodie who nodded his head, “Then why is Chouchou still here?” Gohan asked as he sat down next to Chouchou who allowed Gohan to pet his head.

“… no fair.” Luffy mumbled rubbing his face as he watched Gohan pet Chouchou with no problems.

“… he’s protecting the store.” Boodie said looking at the store.

“Really?” Nami asked as she reached out to pet Chouchou as well. “Oh, I see it’s a pet food shop.” Nami said looking up and seeing the name of the shop.

“… yes, I took the responsibility of feeding Chouchou from the shop owner was a very close friend of mine, after he passed three months ago after battling an illness for a long time.” Boodie said sitting down on the step of the shop, pulling out a pipe to smoke.

“… has he been waiting for his owner to come back all this time?” Nami asked.

“That’s what everyone else thinks, but I don’t think that. Chouchou is a smart dog he probably already knows that his owner isn’t coming back.” Boodie said taking a puff of his pipe and looking into the sky.

“Then why is he still here?” Nami asked.

“… he has a connection to this place… right?” Gohan asked looking at Chouchou who started eating again.

“Yeah, that’s what I think as well, this shop is his… treasure. He’s still guarding it because it’s a memento of his owner, and all the time they spent here together. I’ve tried brining him to my place to get him out of the elements, but he won’t budge from this place, no matter what I do.” Boodie said blowing out smoke, as Chouchou finished eating and picked up his bowl bringing it to Boodie’s feet.

“… Someone’s coming.” Gohan said looking up breaking the silence.

“Is it Zoro?” Luffy asked looking up from where he was sitting.

“No… it’s six people.” Gohan said closing his eyes and concentrating, ever since he arrived in this world he’s had difficulty sensing energies, he would have to conduct some tests later to see what else was affected.

“What! we should hide before they get here.” Boodie said standing up and grabbing his spear.

“… It’s fine, they aren’t that strong, I can take them without breaking a sweat.” Gohan said opening his eyes and standing up.

“No, we should hide now we --.” Boodie started saying grabbing Gohan’s arm trying to move him.

“Don’t worry I’m a martial artist I’ve dealt with people like them all my life, you and Nami should hide though.” Gohan said with a smile pulling Boodie off him.

“Gohan maybe he’s right we should just hide and let them pass.” Nami said looking at him.

“Trust me… I can win, now go hide before it’s too late.” Gohan said looking at Nami with a grin.

“… fine we’ll hide and leave them to you... but be careful.” Nami said looking at him with some concern in her eyes, “Come on Mayor.” Nami said dragging the mayor to hide just as six men appeared around a corner. They each had a numbered shirt on with the numbers 1-6 on them, a black bandana with the Buggy Pirate Crew jolly roger on it, and they each had either a pistol or a saber.

“You don’t mind if I take care of them?” Gohan asked Luffy who was still sitting there, next to Chouchou.

“… no go ahead.” Luffy said shaking his head.

“Thanks… I’ve been looking forward to stretching my muscles for a while.” Gohan said cracking his neck.

“What are we looking for?” number one asked.

“I don’t know but the Captain told us to search the town and I’m not telling him no.” number two said.

“Yeah, I’m with you I don’t want to anger him.” Number three said.

“Hey guys look.” Number four said pointing at Gohan and Luffy.

“What are you guys doing here?” number one asked looking at them, gripping his saber.

(New Task: Defeat The Buggy Pirate Crew; Reward: New Technique Knowledge)

“… I’m here to take out the trash.” Gohan said a smile appearing on his face after he read the message.

“… What?” number five asked.

“… you think the two of you can beat the six of us don’t make me laugh.” number six said.

“You must suck at math… there’s only five of you.” Gohan said before he vanished and reappeared with his elbow hitting number six in the stomach. Number six then fell to the ground holding their stomach unconscious.

“What!! Did you see him move?” number one asked looking at the others who shook their heads.

“Oh, my bad there’s only three of you.” Gohan said with a grin before he vanished again. Gohan reappeared behind number’s two and three.

“BEHIND YOU!!” the other’s shouted but it was too late as Gohan chopped them both in the back of the neck knocking them out.

Gohan walked forward slowly before disappearing and reappearing in front of number one kneeing him in the stomach knocking him out, “RUN!!! HE’S TOO STRONG!!!” numbers four and five shouted as they tried to run away as Gohan raised both of his hands, sending out two shockwaves sending them flying headfirst into a building knocking them out.

“That was too easy.” Gohan said walking back towards Luffy, carrying the bodies of the pirates and dropping them next to the other ones.

“… that was amazing young man.” Boodie said as he and Nami came out from where they were hiding.

“… how did you do that; I’ve never seen anyone move that fast.” Nami said looking at Gohan with shock.

“Push-ups, sit-ups, and plenty of juice.” Gohan said with a grin.

“… I don’t believe you.” Nami said deadpan.

“… years of blood, sweat, and tears…” Gohan said clenching his fist.

“… oh… are you alright?” Nami asked looking at him with concern.

“… yeah, just some unpleasant memoires.” Gohan said taking a deep breath, exhaling, and relaxing his hand.

“That last attack was really cool, was it a Devil Fruit power?” Luffy asked.

“… no that was something else, I would explain but it would take too long.” Gohan said looking at Luffy with a quick smile.

“Devil Fruit? Those are just myths.” Nami said looking at Luffy.

“No, they aren’t I ate one.” Luffy said stretching both of his cheeks to unimaginable lengths. “I’m a rubber man.” Luffy said as he let his cheeks snap back to normal.

“That must be why his energy feels different… so that means someone at Buggy’s camp has Devil Fruit powers as well, which means I should proceed with caution.” Gohan thought as Nami freaked out about Luffy’s power.

“Young Man, that was incredible, but Buggy isn’t going to like this, he will retaliate once they don’t show up.” Boodie said looking down at the bodies of the pirates.

“Don’t worry these guys are children compared to the people I’ve fought over the years.” Gohan said, braking into a smile as he watched Chouchou walk up to one of the pirate members and pee on him, before walking back and sitting down. “You should probably restrain them before they wake up.”

“I’ll do it.” Nami said as she pulled out some rope and tied them all up quickly.

“You’re pretty good at that.” Gohan said watching as she finished tying them.

“Years of practice.” Nami said with a smile.

“… If you will excuse me, I’m going to take care of the rest of the pirates for you while I’m at it.” Gohan said turning to look at Boodie.

“What!! Why would you do that?” Boodie shouted.

“Besides my own self-interest… I was once told that if you have the power to help someone then do it, and I have the power and ability to help you.” Gohan said looking at Boodie.

“… even if you have the power and ability there are way too many for you to handle alone.” Boodie said looking at Gohan.

“… He won’t be alone I’ll help him and once Zoro gets here, I know he will help too.” Luffy said standing up from where he was sitting and dusting himself off.

“Why do you want to help?” Nami asked looking at Luffy.

“Because pirates like Buggy aren’t real pirates, being a pirate is supposed to be about going on adventures, discovering new things, meeting new people, it’s about being free to explore, it’s not supposed to be taking over villages.” Luffy said looking at Nami, who was speechless.

“Hmm… Is this Zoro guy strong?” Gohan asked looking at Luffy.

“Yeah, he’s as strong as me.” Luffy said smiling.

“You aren’t seriously considering letting him help you?” Nami asked looking at Gohan.

“… yeah, sure I can tell he’s a good guy… and if he wants to help who am I to stop him.” Gohan said looking at Nami.

“But he’s a pirate, he can’t be trusted.” Nami said shaking her head.

“Not every pirate is the same, just like not every person is the same.” Gohan said looking at her.

“… fine but I’m keeping an eye on him.” Nami said looking at Luffy.

“…that’s fine.” Gohan said nodding at her, “let’s go find your friend Zoro and then head towards Buggy.” Gohan said nodding at Luffy heading towards where Buggy was.

“Shishishi that sounds like a plan lets go.” Luffy said with a smile as he followed him.

“Wait!” Boodie called out to them, “… I’m going with you guys… I can’t just wait here doing nothing while you youngins put your life at risk for my town, I’m the mayor and I must do something.” Boodie said grabbing his spear with a determined look on his face.

“… sorry you will just get in the way.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“I might not be able to do much, but I have to do something, so I’m going with or without you.” Boodie said looking at Gohan.

“Wait I’m not saying you can’t come with us, what I’m trying to say is that if you really want to help then go gather everyone who wants to fight and bring them to help us drive the pirates away. This isn’t just your town it belongs to everyone who lives here, you don’t have to defend it alone, one man can’t do much alone but together you can accomplish anything. With all the extra help we should be able to drive away Buggy and his crew.” Gohan said giving him a smile.

“… you are right this is our home, and we aren’t going to let those pirates take it from us, we’ll show them who’s boss, I’ll gather everyone who wants to fight and bring them to meet you at Buggy’s camp.” Boodie said with determination as he turned around and started running towards the south part of the island.

“WHY DID YOU DO THAT NOW MORE PEOPLE WILL DIE!!!” Nami shouted grabbing Gohan’s gi.

“I said that to get him out of the way, it will take him some time to get to where everyone is at, and even more time to tell them what’s going on, arming them, and then making their way towards Buggy’s camp. We just have to take care of Buggy’s crew before they arrive, that does mean that our original plan is out the window, and we will have to go charging in.” Gohan said looking at her.

“Shishishi… I like you, let’s go and kick Buggy’s ass.” Luffy said with a grin.

“Alright let’s go.” Gohan said as they started walking towards Buggy’s camp.

“You should stay hidden while we fight the pirates, that way you can use the distraction to sneak in, steal the map, and anything else of value.” Gohan said looking at Nami.

“… fine but I’m not sharing it with anyone.” Nami said.

“I don’t have a problem with that as long as you leave some for the towns people so that they can rebuild.” Luffy said with a smile looking at Nami.

“… that’s fine.” Nami said looking at Luffy weirdly. 

“… HEY LUFFY THERE YOU ARE!!!” a voice shouted out to them.

Gohan and the other’s turned around and saw a tall man, with spiky green hair, he had three gold earrings on his left ear, a black bandana on his left arm, 3 katanas on his right hip, he was wearing a white shirt, black pants, a green haramaki, and black boots.

“Zoro we were looking for you!!” Luffy called out happily waving at him.

“You were?” Zoro asked walking towards them.

“Yeah, we’re going to go kick Buggy’s ass and thought you would like to come.” Luffy said smiling.

“… ok, who are these two?” Zoro asked looking at Gohan and Nami.

“Oh yeah, these are our new crew members Gohan who’s very strong and Nami who’s going to be our navigator.” Luffy said with a grin.

“I already told you I’m not joining your crew!” Nami yelled at Luffy who just laughed.

“We don’t have time for this, guys we need to hurry up if we want to beat Buggy and his crew before Boodie and the towns people arrive and end up getting in the way.” Gohan said as he walked towards Buggy’s camp.

“Oh, right we need to hurry.” Luffy said laughing as he followed Gohan.

--

Nami quickly hid as Gohan, Luffy, and Zoro walked towards the pub where Buggy and his crew were at, “HEY BUGGY COME OUT HERE SO WE CAN KICK YOUR ASS!!!!” Luffy yelled as soon as they reached the area.

“Who’s the flashy idiot who thinks that they can beat the great captain Buggy.” A voice said as a someone appeared on the roof, they were a slim blue haired man, with looks like a clown, he had makeup, and a big red nose.

“Wow… you have a big red nose.” Luffy said staring at Buggy with wonder.

“… WHAT!!! FIRE THE BUGGY SPECIAL CANNON BALL!!! FIRE!!!” Buggy yelled as his crew members quickly loaded a cannon aiming it at them before firing it.

“GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!” Zoro shouted as he tried to get out of the way.

“Don’t worry I got this... Gum-Gum Balloon!!” Luffy said as he took in a deep breath filling his stomach with air causing it to expand outward as the cannon ball hit his stomach bouncing it back towards Buggy and his crew.

“DID HE JUST SEND IT BACK!!!” Buggy and his crew shouted as they watched the cannon ball fly back towards them before it hit the pub exploding and taking out most of the crew with it.

“… you should have warned me, you were going to do that.” Zoro said standing back up as he looked at Luffy who just laughed.

“How dare you do that to me.” Buggy said as he emerged from the cloud of dust and smoke, holding two of his crew mates by their throats showing that he used as shields, Gohan and the others frowned at seeing that.

Out of the rubble came another man with a white bear-haircut, blue pants held up by a yellow sash, and paw like shoes, and after him was a man with dark green hair covering half his face, a long white and blue checkered scarf around his neck, a purple sleeveless coat that went down to his knees and white pants that were held by a blue sash.

“This is the greatest insult we’ve ever had since we’ve hoisted our flag, Captain.” The dark-haired man said showing that he also used a fellow crew member as a shield.

“You’re right Cabaji, I’m so mad that words fail me.” Buggy said staring at Gohan and the others.

“Captain Buggy… let us deal with these fools.” Cabaji said dropping the crew member he used as a shield.

“Very well, Cabaji, Mohji make it a good show for everyone.” Buggy said glancing at the two men standing behind him.

“Yes, Captain Buggy.” Both men said.

0