Vol: 2 Ch: 10: Setting Sail
355 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Really?” Nami asked looking at Gohan.

“Yeah, you will be able to hear them soon.” Gohan said pointing towards where many voices were heard heading towards them. Boodie appeared a few seconds later marching forward followed by the towns people who were all armed with various of types of makeshift weapons.

“… what happened?” one of the towns peoples asked as they reached Gohan and the others, looking around seeing the destruction.

“… Gohan… what happened?” Boodie asked looking around at the unconscious bodies lying around and the destroyed buildings. “Where’s Buggy?”

“We defeated Buggy and his crew.” Gohan said looking at Boodie.

“… j… just the three of you defeated Buggy and his entire crew?” some of the citizens asked looking at them in surprise.

“No, it was the three of us.” Gohan said pointing at Luffy, Zoro was still sleeping, and himself, “We did all the fighting while Nami… handled a different mission.”

“… but … I thought you were going to wait for us?” Boodie asked looking at him.

“I told you that to get you out of the way so no one would get hurt.” Gohan said looking at him. “Oh, Nami has something for you.” Gohan said turning to look at her, before Boodie could say anything.

Nami looked at him for a few seconds before sighing at the look he was giving her, “… here you go mayor.” Nami said handing over one of the bags she was carrying.

“… what’s this?” Boodie asked grabbing the bag and opening it making his eyes go wide with surprise as he saw all the treasure inside it.

“It’s some of the treasure we took from Buggy, that should hopefully help you guys rebuild the town.” Nami said.

“You are just giving this to us?” Boodie asked looking up at them.

“Yeah, it’s the least we could do since we’re partially responsible for the damage.” Gohan said with a nod.

“… Mayor Boodie are these the people you were telling us about?” One of the citizens asked looking up from the treasure.

“Yes, they are, this is Gohan, that is Nami, that is Luffy, and I’m not sure who the person sleeping is.” Boodie said looking at Zoro who was still sleeping.

“That’s Zoro my First Mate.” Luffy said.

“Zoro?... The pirate hunter?” another citizen asked.

“Yeah, but he’s not a pirate hunter anymore.” Luffy said with a grin.

“He’s not?” one another asked as Luffy shook his head, “then what does he do now?”

“He joined my pirate crew.” Luffy said with a grin.

“WHAT!!! YOU GUYS ARE PIRATES?!!” some citizens yelled.

“Why did you tell them that?” Nami asked snapping her head to glare at Luffy.

“What we are.” Luffy said while picking his nose.

“So, you must be a rival pirate gang, looking to take over just like Buggy.” One of the citizens said glaring at Gohan and the others, stepping forward.

“WAIT!! calm down people.” Boodie yelled stepping in between the crowd and Gohan, “Even if they’re pirates, they helped us by getting rid of Buggy and his crew and they gave us some treasure so we can rebuild our town, they wouldn’t do that if they were going to take over.”

“But Mayor.” Another citizen said looking at Boodie.

“NO BUTS! they saved out town we should be thankful to them for that.” Boodie said glaring at the citizens. “They also have my trust, so treat them with respect.”

“… fine we’re sorry for our reaction.” the citizens said bowing their heads.

“It’s fine you want to do everything in your power to protect your town, that’s something I fully understand.” Gohan said looking at them with a smile.

“If there is anything you need don’t hesitate to ask.” Boodie said looking at them with a smile.

“It was no problem defeating those pirates was pretty easy.” Gohan said smiling at Boodie.

“If it’s not too much to ask, can we get some previsions?” Nami asked looking at Boodie.

“You are leaving already?” Boodie asked, as Luffy walked up to Zoro waking him up.

“Yes, we got what we wanted and now it’s time for us to leave.” Nami said hugging the other treasure bag with a smile. 

“… very well we will give you some previsions as a thank you for everything you’ve done for us.” Boodie said smiling at them.

“Thank you, we appreciate it very much.” Nami said with a smile.

“No problem let me walk you to where you’re docked.” Boodie said sending people to get some previsions for them. Gohan asked if they needed some help, but they refused saying that he has done more than enough.

--

Gohan found himself walking alone with Nami while Luffy and Boodie were talking a few feet in front of them, with Zoro yawning a few feet behind the two.

“With these extra supplies we should have enough to last us for a long while.” Nami said walking next to Gohan.

“We? Us?” Gohan asked Nami rising an eyebrow. “Does that mean you are accepting Luffy’s offer to join his crew?”

“What no, I just think that I will reach my goal quicker by working together with them.” Nami said shaking her head.

“… right the 100 million berries you need to buy that island you want.” Gohan said glancing at her. “Are you close?”

“… Yeah, I almost have enough.” Nami said nodding her head. “What about you, what are you going to do now, are you going to accept his offer?” Nami said changing the subject.

“… no, I’m not going to accept his offer, at least not right now.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“What really, what are you going to do then?” Nami asked looking at Gohan.

“… I think I will stick with you for a while to help you reach your goal.” Gohan said glancing at her. “If you still want my help.”

“… what! why?” Nami asked stopping in place to look at Gohan. “Not that I don’t want your help but why help me?”

“Like I said earlier I was raised to help people in need, and you need help you just need to decide on what you really want help with.” Gohan said stopping to look into her eyes.

“… what do you mean?” Nami asked worriedly rubbing her shoulder.

“I mean I can help you collect the 100 million berries, or I can deal with whoever has you out here risking your life for that money.” Gohan said looking at Nami.

“… no one can help me; I have to do this on my own.” Nami said shaking her head and grabbing her shoulders.

“… Nami, I know the feeling of having a large responsibility on your shoulders, worrying about the lives of countless others if you don’t accomplish your goal, but I also know that one person can’t handle that type of responsibility on their own they need help. I know that it’s hard for you to trust anyone, so I won’t push you. I just want you to know that I will help you when you need it, whether it’s someone to talk to, or a shoulder to lean on. I also have a hunch that Luffy would help too if you asked and I have a feeling that he wouldn’t ask any questions, he would just do it.” Gohan said placing a hand on her shoulder giving her a smile.

“… I’ll think about it.” Nami said looking into Gohan’s eyes.

“That’s all I ask for.” Gohan said walking forward again.

“Gohan wait!” Nami called out to him.

“Yeah?” Gohan asked stopping and turning to look at her.

“… You never answered my question, why do you want to help me?” Nami asked. “I know it just can’t be because you were raised to help people in need.”

“Would you believe me if I told you the other reason was because I also want to help a beautiful, smart, and talented woman, who’s in a difficult situation.” Gohan said smiling at Nami.

“… no, I wouldn’t.” Nami said shaking her head.

“I thought not, but it doesn’t make what I told you a lie, the little time I spent with you I’ve seen that you are a talented, determined, smart, and I don’t doubt that you can hold your own based on you surviving who knows how long on your own trying to collect that money.” Gohan said.

“… thank you but please answer my question.” Nami said blushing.

“Ok, I will.” Gohan said chuckling a little before signing and looking into the sky, “… another reason has to do with my own past which I’m just not ready to speak about yet.” Gohan said looking back into her eyes.

“… I see… Gohan, I want to make you the same offer, you can talk to me too whenever you need to.” Nami said looking in his eyes.

“… thank you…come on let’s catch up with the others.” Gohan said giving her a small smile before walking ahead to catch up with Luffy, Boodie, and Zoro who were no longer ahead of them. Gohan and Nami walked the rest of the way in silence as they reached the dock.

(TASK COMEPLETE: BUGGY CREW DEFEATED; REWARD: MAGIC MATERIALIZSTION KNOWDELGE GAINED)

Gohan was surprised when he received the notification wondering why it took a while to complete the task, but he found out that there were three members of Buggy’s crew that were waiting to ambush Nami for stealing their boat. However, they ran away when they saw Zoro who had beat them up earlier when they tried to take over his boat after he saved them, while he was rushing to save Luffy, who got caught by a large bird.

Gohan shook his head laughing when he heard that while he learned that the technique was an advanced form of Piccolo’s Clothes Beam, allowing Gohan to make clothes and certain items, which caused him to smile because he didn’t have to worry about clothes anymore.

“Thank you, guys, for everything you’ve done for this town, the next time you guys stop by you will be well received.” Boodie and some citizens called out from the deck as they sailed away after loading their supplies on the boats. Nami told Luffy that she and Gohan were going to hang with them until she reached her goal, which Luffy accepted with a big grin.

--

(A Few Hours Later)

“Here you go Luffy.” Nami said handing Luffy’s hat back after sewing it.

“Wow thanks Nami.” Luffy said smiling happily placing the hat back on top of his head.

“I thought you hated all pirates.” Gohan whispered to her as they watched Luffy grinning since his hat was fixed.

“I still do but there’s also something about you… I don’t know what it is, but I feel like I can trust you, so if he has your trust then I can give him a chance.” Nami whispered back.

“Hey, if we’re going to travel together, we should get to know each other better.” Zoro said tossing Gohan two apples from a barrel they received from Boodie.

“That sounds fun, Gohan why don’t you start?” Luffy said looking at Gohan.

“I guess that’s fine, alright ask your questions.” Gohan said looking at them.

“I saw you fight, you are very good, who taught you?” Zoro asked looking at him.

“I’ve had a few teachers growing up, my first teacher was someone who was like a big brother to me he was tough on me, but I wouldn’t be the man I am today without his help and everything he taught me. My second teacher was my father’s best friend who was like an uncle to me, and my last teacher was my father’s old master, he was a massive pervert, but he made up for it with the years of experience he had which helped me get out of tough situations.” Gohan said staring into the sky with a small smile on his face.

“What happened to them?” Nami asked.

“… they were… they’re dead... I don’t want to talk about it right now.” Gohan said his mood dropping.

“… I’m sorry.” Nami said looking at him.

“It’s alright, it’s been a few years since it happened, I’ve… made peace with it.” Gohan said taking a deep breath before taking a bite out of his apple.

“So, what’s the deal with that pole on your back, you didn’t have it before, did you steal it from Buggy?” Zoro asked changing the subject.

“Yeah, I found it in a warehouse Buggy was hiding some treasure.” Gohan said taking it off and holding it in his hands.

“I’m guessing you know how to fight with it since you took it.” Zoro said looking at him.

“Yeah... I know how to use it.” Gohan said nodding.

“That’s good is there anything else you can do?” Zoro asked.

“Yeah, I have a few other tricks up my sleeves.” Gohan said with a smile.

“Like what?” Luffy asked.

“… I think it will be better if I show you.” Gohan said closing his eyes, sensing if there were any life forces on the nearby barren rock, the size of their boat. “…I can show you guys a few of my tricks, especially if we’re going to be traveling together.” Gohan said standing up and slowly flying in the air.

“YOU CAN FLY?!! THAT’S SOO COOL!!!” Luffy shouted staring up at Gohan.

“Yeah, among other things… like this.” Gohan said, creating a small energy ball before firing it at the rock, the energy ball flew for a few seconds before it impacted with the rock causing a massive explosion of smoke to fly into the air. Gohan looked down at Luffy, and the others seeing that Luffy with sparkles in his eyes, Zoro and Nami’s eyes were open wide, and they all had their mouth open in shock.

“WOAH!!! THAT WAS SOO COOL!!!” Luffy yelled his eyes sparkling, as Gohan landed back on Nami’s boat. The smoke cleared reveling that there was nothing left of the rock.

“… what was that?! You demolished that rock, there’s nothing left.” Nami said after she found her voice again.

“That was an energy attack, it’s one of my weaker attacks.” Gohan said sitting back down.

“…that was weak?” Nami asked looking at Gohan who nodded, “… I’m travelling with monsters.” Nami said shaking her head.

“… that was incredible, but what was that… is it a Devil Fruit power?” Zoro asked.

“… no, it’s not a Devil Fruit.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“Then what is it?” Nami asked.

“It’s a little hard to explain but I can try.” Gohan said as he went into an explanation on what Ki was and the many things’ people could do with it.

Nami and Zoro understood the concept a little bit, but the explanation went completely over Luffy’s head as he sat with his arms crossed in front of him tilting his head to the side, “… so it’s a mystery power.” Luffy said looking at Gohan.

“… yeah, I guess you can call it that.” Gohan said laughing to himself.

“… Can you shoot a beam out of your mouth!?” Luffy asked suddenly.

“There’s no way he can do that!” Nami yelled at Luffy, “… right?” Nami asked turning to look at Gohan.

“… maybe I’ve never tried it before, but one of my masters could do it so it stands to reason I could do it to, but I would need to learn how do it first.” Gohan said. “I know I could do it in my Great Ape form, but I don’t have my tail anymore, but Recoome, Piccolo, and Nappa could do it so I should be able to do it too.” Gohan thought to himself rubbing his chin.

“That sounds so cool, can you show us when you learn it.” Luffy said excitedly.

“Yeah, sure.” Gohan said laughing.

“That’s incredible what else can you do?” Zoro asked looking at Gohan with interest.

“I can’t show you guys all my tricks that won’t be any fun.” Gohan teased.

“Aw come one show us some more cool things.” Luffy said bouncing up and down looking at Gohan.

“… I guess I can show you guys one more thing.” Gohan said rubbing his chin thinking. “Oh! I got it.” Gohan said snapping his fingers.

“Is it going to be something like that last attack?” Nami asked looking at him with concern.

“… no, it’s something a little more mundane.” Gohan said shaking his head, “This will be my first time trying to use this technique so bear with me.” Gohan said closing his eyes and concentrating on making some simple blankets for when it got cold at night.

“Clothes Beam.” Gohan said as he pointed two fingers at the surface of the boat as his fingers shot out a beam and four blankets appeared folded on top of each other.

“Aw I thought you were going to make another cool attack like last time.” Luffy said sadly.

“… YOU CAN MAKE CLOTHES?!!” Nami shouted excitedly as she grabbed one of the blankets. “What else can you make?”

“I don’t know, like I said that was my first time using that technique, so I decided to go with something simple.” Gohan said looking at Nami holding the blanket inspecting it.

“Will you be able to make more and better things with more practice?” Nami asked.

“… I should be able to.” Gohan said looking at Nami with worry.

“That’s good.” Nami said grinning her eyes shining.

Gohan swallowed as he felt a shiver go down his spine at how Nami was looking at him. “Zoro tell us about yourself.” Gohan said quickly.

___

(AN: It took me a while to post this chapter because of work and I had to rewrite it a couple times until I was happy with it. This will more than likely be the last chapter for this fic for a little while, as I refocus back on either Rise of a Warrior or Warrior of the Future.

Someone pointed out that Gohan could one shot a lot of people in One Piece, and I agree with them, but I already have a solution for that, which is part of the reason I gave Gohan the Power Pole and that’s all I’m going to say on the subject for now. I’m also not planning on anyone else learning Ki, because having one person with that kind of power is already overkill, but I will have Gohan train people in martial arts.)

0