15 – Tough Dilemma
675 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Point of View: “Darius”

“Heh, I suppose this is the supposed ‘Dark Lord’, kidnapper of Gloria and master of this castle?” Joseph asked after he scoffed. “What is this? Are you projecting your voice with some speakers or is it with the same magic you used on Gloria?” His voice was both taunting and genuine, clearly still not quite convinced whether all of this is real or not.

I decided to answer honestly. “I am projecting my voice as I am the Dungeon itself.” I explained to them which caused the two humans to gain an inquisitive look on their faces. “For I am the soul of this Dungeon, plucked out after I died and placed here ten years later, so my voice resonates as yours do inside your bones.” Gadra nodded her head in agreement having learned all of this since her transformation into a knight of draconic origin.

Melissa’s voice shook with emotions as she spoke up next. “S-so Gloria was transformed into this by magic!?” When she said the word ‘this’ Gadra visibility recoiled and gained a sour expression. Melissa had her back to Gadra so she continued unknowingly. “Then she could be changed from this hideous form to-”

“I will not have you insult the form of GADRA, one of my minions and a valued one at that!” I shouted, interrupting her. “If you continue this way I would have no choice but to ‘punish’ you by joining her. A punishment that I see as a reward you should be gracious for, especially compared to what I could do!” In truth, I couldn’t transform them instantly, as they weren’t defeated and in fact, have only gotten further than before. So if I wanted to do that then I needed to either convince them or defeat them with my remaining minions.

Gloria was taken aback by my words and looked between Joseph and Gloria, finally noticing her expression. “You wanted to know what we want, huh? We came here to rescue Gloria but I see that you don’t wish to give her up.” Joseph was the next to speak as he began with his previous unseriousness now completely erased. “So unless you give us the chance to bring Gloria home then all we can ask for is for you to allow us safe passage out.”

I nodded my ethereal head at that considering what options I could give them. “I have a few choices for you, all of them with their pros and cons.” I say as I send Busta and Clerd toward the Boss room in case they choose a certain option. “Your first choice is ‘Fight for Gadra’, defeat my final two monsters and you could bring Gadra back home if she wishes.” As I finished that sentence Clerd and Busta both entered, Busta from the Dungeon Core room and Clerd from the main hallway.

“These are the two giving us so much trouble?” Busta asked as she entered, acting as if she wasn’t watching them since they entered. She did produce a genuine scoff when she turned to see Clerd. “At least you can save a bit of your pride by defeating the final member of the goblins.” She then developed into a fit of laughter as Clerd gave her a mean look.

Melissa turned to the roof both to not look anyone else in the eye and looking towards where she thinks I might be. “Pit us against two monsters while we are on our last legs? Who would ever take that option?” She asks in disbelief. Gadra and Joseph nodded their heads in agreement, I suppose she still has an attachment to her old life.

“You underestimate my generosity, if you choose that option I will fully heal you both.” I explained to them to which Busta shook her head, wishing to just defeat them both and be done with it. “Moving on, however, we have the second option. You two just leave this place and never come back, if you do so I will allow you safe passages. However, you must never come back and Gadra will stay with us forever.”

The two humans shook their heads at that and even Gadra did as well. “No thanks.” Joseph said simply. “I suspect there is a third choice?” Sure enough, I did and I was a bit surprised that he figured it out just from my word choice.

Quickly I began explaining it. “The third and final option is simply called ‘Give Up’. You give up and join Gadra as two more of my boss monsters, spending eternity with her as my minions.” Melissa seemed to be thinking about it as she turned her head and Joseph kept a serious stare that hasn’t changed in a bit now. “Those are your three choices, choose wisely you humans.”

Before they could turn to each other and discuss it amongst themselves Gadra piped up. “Will there be any difference in the transformation between losing in option one to choosing option three?” She asked for the others. It was clear by now she was conflicted at least this sorta confirms she hasn’t been completely brainwashed by her transformation. I made myself clear as I said the following.

“There will be no difference, no.” Gadra nodded her head and the humans looked at her with strange looks on their faces. The three then quieted down as they huddled together and talked amongst themselves. Finally, the three separated as Gadra and Melissa walked a couple of steps forward. “We have made our decision.”

Melissa walked a further step forward as she voiced their decision. “We choose option one, better to fight and fail than give up if you could succeed.” A sentence obviously spouted off by Joseph their decision was clear. In a flash of darkness, Gadra was summoned to the Ballroom where a projection of what is happening in her own Boss Room is on the wall. As that happened Melissa and Joseph were instantly healed causing the bandages on their bodies to fall off.

After checking their bodies in amazement Melissa and Joseph prepped themselves as the battle was about to begin. “I’m going to enjoy crushing your hopes and dreams. Gadra is staying with us, where she belongs!” Busta shouted as she prepared a magic spell. Clerd prepared his own magic from behind the two as all four waited for who would strike first.

It was the violent Dungeon Guardian of course who fired off a bolt of dark magic toward Joseph. Dodging out of the way he fired back and landed on the armor made of magic which protected Busta. As Joseph looked on in confusion he failed to avoid Clerd’s fire bolt from behind which landed square on his back. “Ahhhh!” Joseph screamed as he was pushed down by the fire.

Melissa swung her ax at Clerd who ducked under it. As this was happening Busta tried to use her shadowy tentacles to grapple Joseph. Having recovered enough from the fire bolt he rolled out of the way and got to his feet. He then fired two shots with one hitting Busta’s magic armor causing it to flicker as Busta had to repair it. The other passed through Clerd’s cloak piercing his heart.

Now that Clerd was already down Melissa turned her attention to Busta. She was instead teleported away from Busta and placed in the corner of the room. As Melissa was trying to run to rejoin the fight Joseph missed Busta and her armor. Busta fired back with a spell of dark magic and engulfed Joseph who had to strip his jacket to avoid any more damage. That was enough time however for Busta to tear a scrap of her clothes and use it to strengthen her armor.

Busta and Joseph both fired a shot at each other but both failed to land as they dodged the other. As Busta was avoiding Joseph’s bullet she failed to notice Melissa who landed a hit on her magic armor causing it to nearly break. “Get off me peasant!” Busta shouted as she fired a spell at Melissa point blank causing her to fly away by the force of it. This led to Melissa’s second swing at her magic armor missing as she flew back.

In silent anger, Joseph shot another shot at Busta’s magic armor causing it to break. “Argh, I will enjoy you two transforming into monsters to join us.” Busta said in a rage. Ignoring her Joseph fired another bullet as Melissa jumped to swing her ax at her unprotected self. Both Melissa and the bullet were pushed back as Busta fired another dark bolt at Joseph, burning one of his legs.

Busta fired another shot landing on the same leg which cooled his leg. In anger, Melissa swung her ax wildly as Joseph shot at Busta. Melissa landed her ax on the back of Busta’s knee while Joseph’s bullet passed through her stomach. “Take that you bitch!” Melissa cursed in angered victory.

Busta pushed Melissa back who had to scurry for her ax as it fell out of Busta. Joseph fired another bullet but this one sailed over as Busta dodged out of the way. As Busta clutched her knee she also failed to land a hit on Melissa in close range. “You both shall pay for that, you inferior humans!” Busta screamed as she lost her patience.

Melissa, still fumbling, grabbed her ax and blindly swung at Busta who easily avoided it as she stepped back. She then screamed in pain as another of Joseph’s bullets passed through her uninjured knee causing her to fall to the floor. Angered tears started falling from her eyes as she flung a magic bolt at Joseph pushing him down into the floor. “Dammit! I won’t fall so easily to this damned to-hell dungeon!” Joseph cursed as he finally got himself to his feet after recovering from Busta’s attacks.

As Joseph recovered Melissa swung her ax at Busta and failed to land as she dodged her unrefined swings. “I won’t allow that!” Melissa screamed in response to Joseph. As the two screamed, Joseph fired another shot at Busta’s still-healthy shoulder landing flush. As Busta roared in both rage and pain she fired another bolt at Joseph causing him to stumble on his feet.

‘Don’t fail me now.’ I thought to myself as I and Gloria both watched. ‘I need all the help I can get if Lise truly can no longer help me in the future. So please stay strong.’ I silently began praying as the battle continued.

24