Chapter 24
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24: Decision

JAVERT

"Tracking magic?!?" I exclaimed, "Explain." Aellisa nodded, "Okay it's like this. Magic is composed of a lot of rules, but all you need to know of as a human is that it mostly looks like this..." I was seeing a lot of nothing. "I'm seeing a lot of nothing," I admitted.

"Oh right, you're a regular human. Hold on," she poked me with her finger at the base of my skull. "What was that for?!?" I asked. Aellisa explained, "That was a pressure point that I activated so you could see this." I saw the Chinese characters , , , and 西 float in midair. "These are directional runes," she explained, "There are others denoting things like angles, radius, and distance, but the point is that magic works on runes like these. This letter was written so it could be delivered to you. But more importantly, another set of runes here," she pointed to the letter where I now saw the layers of runes on it, "allows it to continue tracking you, even to our doorstep. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can reverse engineer these runes for they will lead us to where Belial is?" I thought through the implications of this only for a second before I realized there had never been any news story. I had been used.

Now many media never understand when they have been controlled by demons, but I certainly did. I wasn't taking it well, "That damned demon will pay!!! Forget going home, you guys can borrow my chopper. I'm gonna do whatever I can to help you hunt this thing down! Oh and ummm also, does the fact that I can see runes mean I can now learn to use magic?" I imagined myself saying "Expecto Patronus." They shrugged, "Maybe?"


Harry Potter sucks. Language has nothing to do with knowing magic.

1