Epilogue
370 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About two years have passed since I gave up my title and stopped thinking of myself as a Princess.
My status screen no longer shows the "Princess" title or those pesky etiquette skills. Instead, I have leveled up considerably by applying my skills to heal nature near the Elves and of course our new home.

Fern and her people have taught me well all this time and I have taught them how to use their defensive skills. Not that I expect any demons anymore, but still....it's good to share knowledge.

Today is a special day. You see, today is the day Finch and I will get married in the Freesia Clan-way.

"Are you nervous?" Fern asks, while putting homemade lipstick on my lips. It's made from berries by the way. Tastes great too.

"Just a bit. I'm actually excited that my parents will join me soon, but I wonder what they will think of our home."

"They'll like it, Daisy. Don't worry about such things. Think happy thoughts!" 

"I know, but.."   FLASH.

 

And...here they are. Mom, dad, Violet and Rose. Just a bit earlier than expected, but that's no problem for us. Fern steps back, she knows I can't possibly sit still anymore, so I jump up and hug them.

"Daisy, my goddess, you're so...pretty." Mom said while looking at me from top to toe.

"Oh no noo..." Violet sees tears falling on my face, quickly giving me a handkerchief. 
But these are happy tears, not sad ones.

Father simply tries to switch topics, hoping to distract me so I'll stop crying. "Are we too early for you? Is this inconvenient?"

Well, switching topics helped me focus again. "No dad! Just...sit down....I'm almost ready.....then it's time."

"Ah, I already love this place." Mom said while taking in the surrounding views. "You don't even have a wedding schedule, do you? You just....go with the flow, like you used to say."

I look at her with a surprised expression "yeah...I used to say that a lot." But she meant the old Daisy, and I meant Noah.

"Daisy, you're ready." A smiling Fern said after making sure that my hair was just perfect. Little blue and pink flowers are adorning my hair now and a small wooden hairpin keeps it all together. 
We do have mirrors here, you know? And seeing myself...on my own wedding day....no! I'm not going to cry!

"Ahem..."  Father's voice...definitely.

I turn around and see the man I love. Finch. He's wearing a white costume, made by our very gifted neighbors. Goddess, he looks so handsome in this. My wedding dress is white as well, shouldn't I have picked another color?

"Daisy......Daaaaaissyyyy." Oh no....  

"Yes, Finch?" 

"You were daydreaming again, my love." 

And again everyone feels that they should laugh at me. But it's okay....I really do daydream a lot. At least I don't feel as emotional anymore. 

"Oh...father. That reminds me, how are things going? Are you sending fairies all over the world?"

"Yes honey, we are. Now focus....on your special day." Father's voice is stern. 

Sheesh, sorry for being...nervous.

Finch reaches for me, stretching his arm and opening his hand, for me to take.
I take his hand and he guides me to a big tree where two unfamiliar fairies are waiting.

It's the season of summer, the gentle breeze carries the scent of chamomile and grass, instantly reminding me of times long gone. The sky is a perfect blue, the sun is warm and white puffy clouds are slowly drifting away. Birds and crickets sing their songs and amplify the perfect feeling I already had. Like I'm on a summer holiday. 

I take a deep breath, and....wait...what? Two unfamiliar fairies?

"Ha ha ha, finally noticed us, didn't you, Daisy?"

"Eh....do I know you?" I must have quite the confused expression on my face by now.

"Listen to our voices......den....Daisy."

"Ahhh! Goddesses Tholena and Ahena! Sorry....eh...welcome?"

"Relax, my little one. We're here to bless your marriage. Are you two ready?"

I simply nod and see Finch nod as well. So....two goddesses are going to marry us? Wooowwww...just...woooow.

We approached the goddesses and Tholena said "welcome everyone. And thank you for keeping our visit a surprise. It seems it really worked...ha ha ha. Today we have gathered here to unite two special fairies into marriage. Daisy, do you accept Finch as your husband and promise to never forsake your duties to maintain nature as a wild fairy?"

"I do!"

"Ha ha ha...good. And do you, Finch, accept Daisy as your wife and promise to never forsake your duties to maintain nature as a wild fairy?"

"I do!" 

"In that case...as witnessed by me, Ahena...."    "...And me, Tholena...you are now husband and wife. You may.....yes exactly. Ha ha ha."

Finch wasted no second to find my lips and kissing him was the best thing in my life right now.

"But we're not finished...so...yes....if you would stop that....yes...thank you." Ahena said with a smirk.

Tholena then continues "you two are destined to start a new Clan. You already know where, hahaha. Your Clan's name shall be Earth Clan."  Tholena smiled at me. "I know how much those memories mean to you, and that place was very real to you. So may your kindness transcend worlds."

Just the thought of Earth, where I spent so many years.....made me cry...bigtime. And Violet of all people suddenly hugged me. "I'm here for you, little sis. Anytime!"

 

 

After celebrating our wedding day together with friends and family, Finch and I finally share a home in the treetops. Well, sharing is what we do. We share a kiss, we share romantic feelings and......are suddenly blinded by a brilliant white light.

But no, it's not Rose nor a goddess. Intense feelings of pure love and happiness flow through both of us. We're both glowing like we do every night. But now, the colors start merging....until only a single pure white light can be seen. And then...only a few seconds later...we stop glowing.

"Wow...." what was that? I have no way to describe what I had just felt.

"We shared our souls, Daisy. I could feel your love for me. Could you feel my love as well?"

"Sure did!" I kiss him again, but am interrupted by something unexpected.

We both look at each other, then at two bright lights which are gently descending onto our open hands.
When the lights disappear, we both have a little newborn fairy in our arms! They're fox-kin, just like us.

Suffice to say that I'm beyond speechless.

Then a congratulatory popup message informed both Finch and myself that we were now really parents and have the "infant mana transfer skill" at our disposal.

I kiss both babies and they smile at me. But only for a moment. Because the next thing they do is start crying!  "Mwaaaaaaa!" 

And of course my whole family decides to see what's going on. Finch and I use the new skill to feed the babies our mana, and they are instantly relaxing.

Mom says "awww...they're so cute. That takes me back. I can't believe you have children of your own now. See, Violet? That's why you need a husband."

"Goddess, moooom!!!!" Violet starts blushing like she has never before.

Well, there's still hope for her. I know I saw her look at a few fairies here. I believe she'd rather have true love too than marry a noble guy. But that's not for me to decide.

The next morning, with our little ones in our arms, we're about to say our goodbyes. Dad asks us "do you already have names for them?"

I look at Finch and he nods with a smile, telling me to go ahead. "Mom, dad, Violet, Rose, meet our son Dan and our daughter Diane, in honor of lost friends."

Mom first looks surprised, but then says "they're good names. I know they are born into a loving family."

She just keeps hitting my weak spots. No! I don't want to cry again!

We say our goodbyes and once more Rose blinds all present with her teleport skill. 

Now we're on our own. Free. Happy. A loving family, ready to start a new Clan. 

But then....it suddenly starts snowing.

I look up and then at Finch. "Huh? I swear, it wasn't me?"

He then kisses me while we fly back to our temporary treetop home and says "nope...that was me. I'm a snow fairy too......"

The end.

13