Second Disgrace
17 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the course of a year, seasons come and go. Such a natural occurrence is expected, especially when the next season is known for the awakening of a sleeping beauty, which is known as spring. The perfect season to remain outside and witness nature in her maximum beauty, but it was also the prime time for the younger generation to go outside and play with friends. 

Yet for a certain little princess having friends becomes quite the pickle since she is part of the royalty and the only kids fit to accompany her were part of the aristocracy who rather than enjoy their time as youngsters they spent their youth learning all aspects from being a noble. 

Lovely days couldn’t be wasted indoors.

Reason enough to assign caretakers willing to fill the void with the best of their abilities and give the youngest princess full access to the Royal gardens, a vast parcel filled with all kinds of flowers and harmless critters like bunnies.

And so, with the caretaker’s supervision, the little critters could only endure the antics of the youngster and use their little paws to escape the tiny grasp from the princess, leaving her even more excited to catch them. 

The caretakers would never let the princess catch one of those critters, since even the smallest of them might injure her. The many times she missed by a minimal margin was, in fact; the work of those two who were purposely scaring them off.

Ignorant of the little harmless scheme, she keeps chasing and laughing to her heart's content while exhausting her energy little by little. One after another escaped to the safety of the bushes or trees, leaving the gardens quite desolated however that didn’t stop her from her personal quest and her eyes quickly found the next target that was a squirrel storing food. Disappointment all what can she feel when it ran away as soon as they made eye contact, with the excitement gone she soon felt exhaustion, her muscles aching while her young lungs demanded her to give them the so needed air and her throat became dry, thirsting for a refreshing cup of water. 

Slowly, she let her body descend to the grass under her feet.

“Your highness, this is no place for you to rest. You might get sick.” One of her caretakers spoke out.

Those warnings became deaf to her ears. The princess was truly tired, and the grass felt so comfortable under her; she could easily fall asleep on the fields, given the time. With the sun touching her delicate skin with so much care that it truly brings her comfort and a warm feeling inside enticing her to just lay down and close her eyes for a long while.

“Your highness, please hear them out.”

She jumped in joy when her eyes noticed the black and grey long uniform of knights adorned with golden buttons all the way down, starting from the neck to the end of the long coat. 

Her gaze went up and connected with the warmth of his green eyes for a moment before looking away, her eyes wandering around, looking at his long black hair.

“Alynore!” Her joy to see him once again had her leap towards him and hug whatever her hands could reach, which ended up being his legs.

Alynore chuckled as he caressed her head.

     

Annelise could be compared to a cat if she intended to remain in the same position, clinging to the young knight's leg.

While such action didn’t fit for royalty, a kid is a kid, after all.

“Your highness is a pleasure to see you.” Her knight gently caressed the well-maintained hair of the little princess below him who in response mused her joy, for some reason his touch feels right, but only after enjoying his touch for a couple of seconds she broke away with a serious yet cute expression showing her sudden displeasure towards him.

“Mmm... Alynore, call me Anne!” she reprimanded him as a faint blush painted her cheeks while her lips formed into a pout.

He only smiled as a response. “As you command, Anne.” 

Annelise giggled before leaving his side to run towards her caretakers and bring them closer.

Both caretakers bowed in respect. “Good morning Sir Alynore.”

The young knight smiled again and bowed to reply in kind. “Greetings. I hope I’m not interrupting your duties.”

Both women covered their mouths to suppress their innocent laughter and quickly dismissed his worries.

“Of course not, we are giving you permission to play with her Highness.”

The princess’ eyes shined with glee and lunged to the knight's leg, giving a tight hug. “You heard that Alynore?!”

Alynore caressed the princess’ head while easing her indigo hair, that was covering her innocence from the world to see.

“I try my best, Anne.”

1