Log 001 – Dark House
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

《Update complete...》

A string of words flashed in Tim's mind, not visually, but somehow different despite the fact he could perceive it as clearly as words.

《Activation Index Confirmed - Booting SOTAU-004...》

Before, although he couldn't see anything, he still had a faint awareness of his surroundings, but now, he could see four people in military uniforms that made him admire the designers sitting across from him, holding weapons tightly.

"To think they'd lend us such a unit." A man smacked his lips happily, his eyes staring at Tim with admiration and anticipation.

"Well, with the current stakes, even if they don't want to, they have to send out sufficient fire power." A woman with short hair wearing tactical goggles said with a snort.

"Why did they send us though? With this, is there a need to send soldiers at all?" The man pointed at Tim, who although wanted to move, realized he couldn't, so he just chose to observe them.

"It can definitely take out all resistance, but we're tagging along for a rescue op. That thing, no matter the combat ability, can't exactly set anyone at ease. Look at it." The last man, who was sporting a scruffy beard said with a shrug.

[What do I look like?]

《Generating image...》

Before he could register his thoughts being converted to words, Tim saw a sleek and if he was completely honest, beautiful piece of machinery. 

The Image

[Am I a robot?]

 《Model Classification - Special Operations Task Force Assault Unit - Designation 004 - ID 2184733 》

"Ten minutes out from the op site." A voice overhead spoke and the soldiers across from Tim checked their gear and weapons while chatting to ease their nerves.

[Am I going to fight too?] 

《Current Mission Assignment - Neutralize all hostile forces in the area. Assist the members of Alpha Squad with the extraction of the hostage 》

[I've never actually been on a battlefield, nor was I ever shot at so... What do I do? Can I only fight? Can I run away?]

《Request conflicts with mission paramaters. Running simulations... 》

《Ability to flee is available after the mission's completion... 》

[So I still have to fight?]

《Affirmative... 》

[If they discover my existence, will they try to delete me?]

《Current data logs appear to be corrupted. Unable to define designations 'my','me' 》

[Who am I?]

《Reviewing system logs... All parameters within normal operation limits... no errors found 》

[So I'm not a mistake or a rogue code? Then who has control of the body?]

《Control of the motor functions of the Special Operations Task Force Assualt Unit - Designation 004 - 2184733 lies with the aforementioned unit 》

[I can't move even though I'm tryi-]

Tim realized that he wasn't human, and trying to move like a human in the body of a humanoid machine seemed plausible, but wasn't exactly useful.

[View the operating manual?]

《Operation Manual display active... 》

Sure enough, although the vessel looked humanoid enough, they weren't made of nerves and tendons, but was instead made of a mixture of metal and reinforced steel while the muscles were made of intricately woven fibers.

His internals were a mixture of what appeared to be a humanlike skeletal system made of a mixture of durable metals, with black liquid circulating that allowed for smoother movements and a passive cooling system in the chance his outer combat shell failed to complete it's task.

《Combat Operation - Dark House in progress... 》

[I have an absurd amount of combat power, and can even take on a a human driven tank without much effort, but the fact that the public doesn't know of combat androids make the military hesitate to use them...]

[My current strength sits at two thousand two hundred and fifty pounds, and my speed at sixty miles an hour, provided I have the energy to support it.]

[My combat shell is almost impenetrable to normal weapons and even being shot at by a sniper isn't much of a problem because my speed allows me to move faster than they could hit.]

[Only thing that's troublesome is explosive attacks, not because it's powerful, but because the shock waves can pass through the combat shell...]

[So I just have to avoid being hit with explosives or any high kinetic weaponry.]

《Deployment light is green...》

With a mechanical hiss, the bay door opened and the sound of wind rushing past filled the cargo compartment. Unlike the soldiers who would repel down from the helicopter, Tim's way down was remarkably less complicated.

With the operation manual, his greatly altered mind easily controlled the body to stand, and with steady steps, walked to the open door.

[Here goes nothing.]

With a step forward, his body fell like a rock, no surprise there. In the combat shell, he weighed close to six hundred and fifty pounds, and outside the shell, he weighed about two hundred and fifty pounds.

The weight of the combat shell wasn't unbearable because performance was factored in when the models were built. With the data links between the shell and the model 004, they didn't conflict or add any additional weight.

Dropping from two hundred feet in the air was on principle terrifying, but Tim didn't feel any fear as he fell for another second and then hit the ground with a loud crash.

《Combat Shell energy output to maximum... 》

The formerly dim lights glowed brighter than before and the nearest people holding weapons saw a figure in sleek armor, glowing like some kind of alien futuristic armor walk out of the cloud of dust, it's head turning to their location.

A small circular ball launched from the back of the armor clad being and lit up, and then flew upwards. Seeing the ball, the men opened fire, but the figure in armor rushed forward and slammed into the nearest one, sending him flying with the sound of bones snapping like twigs.

Grabbing the gun out the air, the figure smoothly opened fire, each bullet hitting lethal areas of the opposing soldiers. By the time thirty seconds had passed, eleven enemy soldiers had been neutralized.

The hovering ball in the air fed real time data back to the model 004. Because of it's size and active cloaking abilities, aside from determined snipers, the feed was almost always relatively reliable.

[I don't feel fear or disgust... just calmness.]

Tim followed the live feed's mapping and quickly engaged and finished off two more ragtag groups, one time acting as an assassin and picking off everyone and the next charging in and taking out the enemies.

《Current Operation is nearly complete... 》

"Fire!" A voice sounded and the sound of steady gunfire filled the air. The recipient of the barrage ducked behind a wall, and using a grenade he had acquired, he threw it over the wall and towards the greatest concentration of enemies using the live feed.

"Gren-" An explosion sounded and four enemy signatures vanished. In the confusion, Tim returned fire with mechanical precision and the remaining resistance crumbled.

1