Chapter 2 – Tsumari
2.2k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is “Tsumari”? It sounds like it’s just like Mamakari (a delicious fish).

When I tried to ask my father-in-law, the air was different from the normal one. It was strange, and he laughingly looked at his daughter, then to me, “Ask your wife for the rest.”

I left the room with my mother-in-law. It was a ritual.

By the way, what does “Tsumari” mean to my wife again? When asked, my wife said.

“The women in this house have played the role of shrine maidens for generations. Listen to the voices of youkai, and convey the voices of people. In addition to mediating conflicts between humans and youkai.”

She continued, “At this time. It is an important role to entertain the youkai who visit this house.
Hospitality means … that… having sex with youkai …” 

“Eh! ??”

I was shocked at this, “Will a Yokai embrace my wife?!!” 

According to my wife’s explanation. By interacting with people, youkai gain knowledge about people. It seems that he reaffirms his situation and adjusts how to keep his distance from people.

“Distance to people” is probably the phrase of someone who has become accustomed to magic. Somehow I can understand the meaning, but I don’t understand …

In addition, fellowship with people gives vitality to youkai. 

“Feels good.”
And youkai also gives people grace for the price. It plays an essential role in maintaining relationships between people and youkai.

By the way, “Tsumari” is written as “wife borrowing.”

(There are also ideographic characters equivalent to kanji in this world)

A married shrine maiden takes on that role. As expected, it is difficult for unattended women. Also, youkai come to the festival at a fixed time every year. There is a time when the stakes are concentrated for each generation. And this year is that year.

When I heard so far, I understood why her parents asked me to marry her. I thought there was a reason. As I said before, my wife is with someone mediocre like me. I can’t complain.

For the time being, ask my wife, “Don’t you hate the mess?”

I can’t just ask, “Is it okay to be embraced by youkai?”

It will be a roundabout way of saying. Then my wife said with a laugh, her eyes out of focus, “It’s okay. Youkai aren’t that scary, regardless of how they look.”

Even though it’s a youkai, I’ve heard that it’s held by a man (?) Other than her husband …Is ethics different in this world from the original world? Are youkai other than humans treated as no-can?
Or is it just my wife special?

Even if you think about it, you don’t understand what you don’t understand. However, I have held her body and enjoyed it for the past six months. Even though it’s a youkai, I wonder how it differs from someone else holding my wife. 

After all, there is something complicated. However, my wife cannot resist “Tsumari.” I think that what I say is just a burden on my wife. For the time being, I decided to put the haze in my stomach.

Anyway, for generations … Then that young and beautiful mother-in-law also.
Did you do the hospitality of the grab? When I thought so, my wife seemed to have read my mind.  My wife pinched me. 

Are you angry over there? I don’t know the standard around that. Shouldn’t I be the angry one?  By the way, I just noticed. Isn’t it possible to have a child between a youkai and a person?

When I asked my wife, that was rarely the case. If it can be done, will it be taken over?
Because the born child will go over there without permission, it’s okay.

After that,
The preparation for “Tsumari” was prepared in the meantime. Neighbours and vendors cleaned and decorated unused rooms in the house. The back of the house faces a slightly narrow and dim street. There is an old stone staircase across the street. You will come out in a bit of bush when you climb there. There is also an old shrine there, and youkai come from there.

The back entrance of the mansion is the entrance to welcome youkai. It was swept clean, the normally closed-door plate was removed, and lanterns were decorated. It feels like a small inn.
I see. I used to think that this mansion was like a restaurant. It was a restaurant for youkai.

Well, preparations are steadily progressing like this. Tomorrow is the day when the first gathering will be held. My wife told me, 

“I said that but I’m still worried, so stay with me. I want you to watch over me.”

If you accept your wife’s words as they are. She wants me, her husband, to be present where she is embraced by youkai. I still don’t like the idea of my wife having sex with a Yokai. How about witnessing such a thing? What’s more, my wife asks for it.

Is this a test? Does my wife want me to be jealous and say no? Or does she want me to support her unconditionally? 

“You are embraced by youkai. Is it okay to be seen by me?” That is wanted to ask, but it seems I will have to figure out the answer. I’ll have to think for myself and give an answer here. 

While there is resistance, aversion, and jealousy.

I want to see how my wife interacts with youkai. Call it curiosity about another world and the customs here. 

I honestly answered, “If only it is fine with you.”

The wife who heard it beamed at me. That is probably the correct answer. Even so. I can’t see my wife having an affair with a youkai …

I couldn’t tell if it was normal or strange in this world. Later, I asked my mother-in-law,
Mother-in-law laughingly answered, “That girl has been loved by youkai since she was little.”

I thought this was her first time, but it seems she was used to it. Then, her asking me to be there isn’t to support her but because she wants me to be there. I didn’t know how I felt right now. I decided to be there for her. 

I also had other questions for this person, “Was your husband there? What is it like? Being watched by your husband?” 

“Hmmm, my husband is witnessing….” She didn’t say anything, just mysteriously smiled, and I tried to find answers to that mystery. My wife, who stood behind me, realised which direction my mind was going and suddenly pinched me again.

In the meantime, the first “Tsumari” night came.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

17