The Beginning of the End
1.8k 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In some place above the vast skies, there sat a figure on a throne. The figure had a solemn expression as he stared into the abyss. A few moments later, he saw a phenomenon as a few power beings approached his universal fortress.

“Your highness, it appears that the 7 overlords have forged an alliance to annihilate us!” Albert, his most trusted subordinate, said in a worried tone.

Albert has been with him since the beginning of time when he began his journey to become a supreme existence in the universe. Albert has witnessed his ascension from being a lowly commoner to the almighty monarch that is recognized by the universe itself.

“It’s okay Albert” he said softly.

“Even if they manage to defeat me, I won’t feel anything. Nothing matters to me anymore” The monarch spoke as if he is willing to give in to fate and let destiny takes its course.

“I know why you feel this way but what about those who chose to follow you till this moment?”

“These people have families they must protect. If you are defeated here, then the overlords will surely kill everyone in our faction or even worse, enslave them!” Albert roared into the hall to awaken the conqueror that once made every being tremble in fear.

“Nothing will happen to everyone, including you, my friend.” The monarch lightly smiled.

“I have foreseen this conclusion when I failed the ritual to bring her back.”

“I will teleport everyone in our faction to a safe location in the universe where the overlords will be unable to find them”

“Are you insane? You want to take all 7 overlords alone yourself?”

“Did you forget that you’ve lost more than half of your powers?”

“You’ll surely die even if you are The Universe Monarch” Albert could no longer contain his emotion as he looked at his lord and saw nothing but a dying light in his eyes.

Albert sensed that when his lord failed to bring back his beloved even after becoming the Universe's Monarch, he was no longer the same domineering being.

His conviction was no longer there. As a matter of fact, he was in a state of depression as if he was waiting to die.

Thankfully, his loyal subordinates and friends were available to support him and gave him a reason to continue.

“Yes, I will most likely die but I will destroy the overlords myself.”

“Then I can finally rest in peace and forget everything” The universe monarch calmly replied to Albert and summoned his weapon, the Deathwing, his oldest friend.

Deathwing has been with him since the beginning of time and was forged by the blood and energy of the gods. It has a shape of a halberd with countless runes enveloping it. One strike from it can destroy countless planets and wreak havoc across the universe. 

“No! let’s call everyone here and destroy the overlords. Together we can…” Before Albert could convince him to change his mind, The Monarch teleported him along with everyone within the faction to a hidden territory that he created recently. No one would be able to find them after he dies.

“I’m sorry everyone…” The Monarch looked warmly at the homes of his people. Countless memories of tragedies and joys appeared in his mind.

“This will be my last battle. I hope that all of you can flourish after I’m gone.” The Monarch’s eyes no longer had the dying lights, instead, they became invigorated as he planned to unleash all his rage and frustration onto his enemies before the end.

After a few moments, The Overlords stood before him. The surroundings began to tremble when the most powerful beings in the universe gathered together.

The Monarch looked at his enemies for a brief moment and greeted them.

“Hello everyone, it seems like all of you want next year to be your death anniversary. As the Monarch of the Universe, I shall grant you all that wish”

 

 

 

30