The Impossible Opponent
321 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?" Isabelle's face darkened when Bruce mentioned that she was jealous.

She started to attack him with all her might.

"Big sister, please calm down. I was just joking" Bruce cried out as he dodged her powerful attacks.

Isabelle felt slightly better and stopped attacking Bruce. She still angrily glared at him.

"Big sister, are you single?" Bruce asked innocently.

"I have never been with a man, what about it?"

"Then I shall steal your heart in the future" Bruce smiled charmingly. He was extremely fond of Isabelle and felt grateful to her from the bottom of his heart. More importantly, he fell for her charms after being together for three years.

Isabelle's expression turned back to her gentle self. She landed in front of Bruce and kissed his lips.

Bruce staggered as he tried to process what just happened.

"Then I shall save my heart for you then" Isabelle hugged him tightly and disappeared.

"Kid, what the hell did you get yourself into?" The Monarch's tone was agitated.

"Huh?" Bruce was confused as he remembered the kiss with the goddess.

"I fear the entire universe would perish once those two meet one another" The Monarch sighed.

"What are you talking about?" Bruce thought The Monarch was acting strange.

"Remember this, you've just doomed us all" The Monarch said in a heavy tone and stopped talking.

Bruce thought The Monarch was crazy and moved along. The runes placed by Isabelle disappeared and the Dragon God finally could see inside the world again.

He let out a sigh of relief once he saw Bruce was alive and Isabelle disappeared. He also noticed that Bruce's aura was very close to breaking through to Divine Emperor.

"This will be the last part of the trial"

"I am very surprised that you managed to make it this far"

"However, the next trial will be the end"

"If you manage to defeat this person, you will inherit my legacy"

Bruce was surprised to hear the Dragon God's voice again after a couple of years. He prepared himself for the final opponent of the trial, the one that Isabelle warned him about.

Bruce was then teleported to an empty ruin. It was clear that a war broke out in the ruin because bodies were everywhere. Bruce was surprised to see millions of corpses laying on the ground.

As he slowly made his way forward, he found his opponent sitting with his back turned on a broken house. Bruce felt something was wrong because his opponent's aura clearly indicated that he was at Early Stage Divine Emperor.

He had expected his opponent to be at Late Stage Divine Emperor according to the pattern thus far. How would this person be the impossible opponent if he was only one cultivation stage above Bruce?

"After all these years, someone finally arrived" The man's tone was eerie.

He turned around to show his face and Bruce was shocked.

His final opponent in the trial was the God Fist, the founder of the Imperial Academy and a Worldly Supreme expert millions of years ago.

"Hello sir, my name is Bruce Stellae"

"It's a great honor to meet the founder of Imperial Academy"

The man was surprised to hear that the person who managed to defeat everyone before he came from his own homeland.

"Interesting… So that place can produce someone other than me" The man smiled.

"My name is Ares"

"Many call me The God of War"

"I look forward to see if you can surpass my potential"

Before Bruce could say anything, Ares moved at supersonic speed and threw a powerful punch toward Bruce's head.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Bruce blocked the attack with Tortoise Stance and a defensive rune.

"Not bad, you even managed to learn my techniques"

"But you won't be able to defeat me like that"

Ares disappeared from his location and summoned his domain. Bruce looked up into the sky to see blood in the sky. More precisely, it was bloodlust.

"Let's have some fun" Ares moved right behind Bruce without him noticing.

He threw a punch at Bruce's body and knocked him away.

Bruce spurted out blood, but Ares wasn't done. He landed right where Bruce would be and continuously threw out powerful punches.

As his title suggests, Ares was known to be unbeatable in the same realm. It was almost impossible to defeat him in the same realm, much less below one realm.

Why is it almost impossible? In millions of years, only one person had managed to defeat him.

"Don't fuck with me!" Bruce conjured up a powerful rune to trap Ares.

"Death Beam!"

Bruce shot the team into the trapped sphere with the intent to kill.

BOOOOOOOM

"Not bad, but not good enough" Ares also conjured up a protective rune to protect himself against Bruce's attack.

"I don't give a fuck, let's fight!" Bruce enveloped his gauntlets with elemental energies and clashed with Ares head-on.

The two exchanges blow for blow with Ares clearly winning the battle. Every time Ares struck Bruce, he felt like a bomb exploded on his body.

"You got guts kid, but it is impossible for you to defeat me while being one cultivation realm down"

"Sometimes, you just have to accept the reality in front of you"

Within a fleeting moment, Ares landed a death blow to Bruce's heart.

"Tiger Strike"

The vibration from the impact shattered the surrounding. Ares expected Bruce to die, but instead, he found him smiling evilly.

"I knew you would do something like this"

Ares looked closely at his fist to find runes protecting Bruce's chest underneath his shirt.

"Now that you're close to me, ready to feel my wrath"

"Soul Extinction!"

A giant black dragon appeared in the sky capable of suppressing all living beings. Ares' soul was slightly injured by the attack and Bruce took advantage of the situation.

"Now it's my turn"

Bruce activated Heavenly Stars and Dragon Stance to enable his offensive prowess to the utmost limit. He also covered his gauntlet with the strongest offensive runes.

"Stars Annihilation"

The entire ruin was destroyed by the attack. It had the power to wipe out an entire country after all the training that Bruce went through for the past five years.

Bruce panted heavily because he exhausted everything that he had to defeat Ares.

He predicted that Ares would go directly for his heart at a moment's notice. Thus, he sneakily placed protective runes underneath his shirt.

Everything was worth it because he was certain Ares was defeated.

After the dust settled, he found Ares laying on the ground with a blood-ridden body.

"Hahaha, well done. That was the most fun I've had for a while" Ares began to laugh from the ground.

"Too bad for you, that won't work anymore"

Wounds on Ares' body began to heal. Bruce couldn't understand what was happening.

"Don't look so disappointed. You managed to make me use almost all my energy to heal myself"

Bruce immediately took the chance and attacked Ares.

"Though I need to recuperate my strength again, it doesn't mean that you'll be able to hit me" Ares smiled.

Just as Ares said, Bruce was unable to land a blow on him as Ares slowly restored his energy.

"Don't worry Bruce, we have time to get to know each other" Ares laughed like a maniac.

"FUUUUUCCKKK!" Bruce screamed in frustration.

9