Chapter 1
38 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I do not own the anime/manga 'DBZ-DBS' or 'Tate No Yuusha No Nariagari', and the only thing I own is this alternate/parallel story that I made for fun for curious readers.

Legendary Hero

Chapter 1: Shield and The Other Three

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"KameHameHa!" Attacks / Skills / Ki / Techniques

Reading / News / Intercoms


A man with tousled black spiky hair with two locks framing his face was walking calmly homeward bound after having trained his body to become stronger, but he was suddenly interrupted by an intense golden light that surrounded him from head to toe and also forced him to close his eyes with a grimace.

"What?..."

When the unknown subject opened his eyes, he was confronted by some guys in strange clothing that caused him to be on guard just in case.

We did it! The summoning was a success!

The man ignored the words of the strange guys and then narrowed his coal-dark eyes around him to see where he was because everything was dark.

Brave heroes, I beg you to save the world!

For some reason, those words from the strangely dressed guys caused the unknown guy to roll his eyes, but he noticed three other humans on his left side and to his confusion and interest they were carrying some rather flashy melee weapons ... though he suddenly realized he was carrying something on his right forearm.

"...What the hell is this?" he thought to himself with a confused expression as he focused his gaze on the shield he had on his right arm, but to his surprise it didn't move even when he wanted to take it off.

He had to put that aside for the moment though because the brats on his right side started talking the following:

Really? ... What does that mean?

He had to agree that he was as lost as they were.

There's a long and complicated story behind this, but we used an ancient ritual to summon the four legendary heroes.

Again, the man with tousled black spiky hair rolled his eyes at the hooded guys' words because he didn't consider himself a hero, but neither a villain but something in between.

Our world is on the brink of destruction, we beg you to help us, brave heroes!

The unknown fellow had to let out a sigh as he watched the weird guys bow their heads in despair.

"I-"

I refuse ... Me too... Can you return us to our world? We'll talk about your problems later.

The man with eyes as dark as coal clenched his right fist in annoyance at being interrupted by those three brats, who at first glance seemed to be very arrogant.

Don't they feel guilty for bringing us here without our consent? ... We don't intend to work for free only to go home empty-handed ... Have they taken our opinion into account? Depending on your answer, we could end up being enemies.

The unknown subject agreed with the first brat because they teleported him without telling him anything at all, but disagreed with the other two because he had no interest in gaining anything for helping to defeat a monster that wants to destroy the world.

First, I would like you to have an audience with the king of our country, Melromarc. We can negotiate the reward after that.

The man with tousled black spiky hair shrugged his shoulders without giving much importance to that comment from one of the hooded guys.

Since ... I suppose we could consider his offer ... No matter who we talk to, our demands will not change.

Again, the unknown fellow rolled his eyes at the words of those three brats, but reluctantly had to follow them to have a conversation with the king of this country who summoned him to save them from whatever is attacking them.

"How strange... I don't feel the Ki of the people around me," he thought with a frown as they began to climb up a spiral staircase made of stone.

Are we really in another world? ... Yes, it seems so ... From the wind it looks like a Mediterranean climate.

The man with dark eyes like coal listened in silence to the conversation of the three brats, but at no time gave an opinion of his own because he did not see it necessary ... also since they left the spiral staircase, he could feel that they were watching him and when he focused his gaze on his spectator, he saw that it was a woman with red hair that gave him a bad feeling, but in the end, he put it aside when they reached the door of the palace.

So, these are the four heroes of the legends...? Right. I am the king of Melromarc, Aultcray Melromarc XXXII. Heroes, introduce yourself.

The unknown subject again felt a bad feeling towards this guy who claimed to be the king of this country known as 'Melromarc'.

Amaki Ren, 16 years old, high school student.

I am Kitamura Motoyasu, 21 years old, college student.

I guess it's my turn. Kawasumi Itsuki, 17, high school student.

The charcoal-dark-haired man nodded his head at the names of those three brats, so he decided to introduce himself as follows:

Broly, 30 years old, Martial Arts teacher.

The man (30) known as 'Broly' has a semi-tan complexion and stands 6' 7'' ft (2.05m) tall. He has tousled black spiky hair that reaches his shoulders, with two locks framing his face and dark eyes like carbon. Her clothing consists of a black Gi with white combat boots and gloves, and a pair of red pothala earrings.

Our beloved protagonist ignored the surprised expressions of the three brats and the other people in the palace, but he found it strange that the king grimaced angrily for some reason unknown to him.

"I see... Ren, Motoyasu, Itsuki and ... Broly," Aultcray said the names of the four legendary heroes, but the fourth name was hard for him to say and even seemed to be said with hatred and disgust, which he managed to disguise very well.

The man with tousled black spiky hair again had that feeling that something was wrong with that guy ... it's as if he had some kind of hatred towards his person and he didn't understand why that unjustified hatred.

"Now ... I suppose I should explain the situation to you," Aultcray commented with his eyes closed to ignore the gaze of the hero of the shield. "My kingdom, Melromarc, and the entire world are in grave danger..." He began with his speech:

According to the king's words; in this world there is an apocalyptic prophecy in which he says that several 'Waves' will bring the world to ruin. And if the calamities they will bring are not averted, the world will come to an end. Each kingdom has an hourglass from the age of dragons, which indicates when the Waves will arrive. The first wave arrived in this realm before we were summoned. The knights of the kingdom and several adventurers managed to repel it, but the following ones were much worse. The sand in the clock will continue to fall until no more waves come. Currently, the second wave is less than a month away.

Broly didn't quite know what to make of that information because it seemed so fanciful that he doubted it was a real thing.

"We underestimated the prophecy of the Waves ... Witnessing one made us realize that only heroes can stand up to them," Aultcray admitted with his eyes closed and his left hand clenched into a fist. "That's why we summoned them just as the legend said. We have no time to waste!" he exclaimed earnestly.

The Saiyan was somewhat confused, but did not omit any opinion.

"I understand, but I'm sure they don't expect us to save them for free," Ren commented with a serious, almost cold tone.

The hero with the spear and bow nodded his head in agreement with his companion.

Of course, when you have repelled all the Waves you will be pleasantly rewarded.

The charcoal-dark-eyed man shrugged his shoulders not caring much about that 'reward'.

"Huh? Well, as long as you keep your word," Motoyasu said with mild surprise because he didn't expect them to accept so easily.

"I'll help as long as we're allies. But don't because of that think I'll be your dog," Ren warned with the same cold tone as before.

"Yes. Don't underestimate us," Itsuki added with a defiant smile.

Our beloved protagonist couldn't help but sigh at the attitude of these haughty brats.

"I trust we have an agreement," Aultcray commented with a neutral tone. "Heroes, check your stats," he ordered kindly.

This got the huge Saiyan's attention.

"Stats?" said Broly with a confused expression.

The king did not respond to the shield hero's doubt to the latter's irritation.

Motoyasu and Itsuki didn't know what to say about it.

"What's wrong with them? You should have realized it when we arrived in this world," said Ren a bit superior when he saw that he was the only one of the four who noticed the statistics first.

Broly rolled his eyes at the sword hero's attitude because it was already starting to annoy him.

"Isn't there an icon on the edge of your vision? Focus on it." Ren led his companions.

This took not only the bow and spear hero by surprise, but the Legendary Saiyan himself who left him silent for a few seconds.

"... What the hell is this?" muttered Broly to himself as he saw a panel in his line of sight and his mind for a few seconds went blank because he had never seen anything like it in his life. "Unknown level, huh?" thought he as he saw a question mark (?) next to 'Lv', but put it aside as he pulled the panel out of his line of sight with the intention of returning to reality.

The other heroes never noticed that peculiar thing on the huge Saiyan's panel because they were too focused on their own stats as they were worried because they were level 1.

If in doubt, this is a magical status, an ability exclusive to heroes.

The hero with the bow, sword and spear half understood, but the same could not be said for Broly who was getting more and more confused.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Ren asked the question everyone wanted to ask and hoped to hear a satisfactory answer.

Our beloved protagonist nodded his head because he needed information to understand the situation, he was in.

They must go on a journey to develop and improve the legendary weapons they have.

Broly didn't like the idea very much because he wasn't very good at using melee weapons.

The other three heroes noticed the look of 'frustration' on their shield partner's face.

"Relax, Master Broly. We'll help you," Miyamoto assured with a smile.

"Yes, we'll think about it later," Ren said with a nod.

"But, first we must raise our skills as much as we can," commented Itsuki as he thought of all the road ahead of them.

The Saiyan was taken by surprise at the three brats' offer of help, but he nodded his head anyway, grateful because he really didn't understand anything about statistics.

Hold on, heroes. You'll have to go your separate ways.

For some unknown reason, Broly had a sort of feeling that they were not going to let them go as a group, but it didn't bother him much because he wasn't very good at participating in teams ... He would have to learn alone, but he didn't care.

The stories say that legendary weapons repel each other by nature. If they travel together, they will hinder their growth.

The hero with the bow, sword and spear nodded his head at the guy's explanation.

"This seems so strange to me..." thought Broly with a frown because his instinct told him that something didn't fit and he trusted his instinct completely.

For some odd reason, the king never took his gaze off the shield hero.

"The sun will set soon. Rest for the remainder of the day and depart tomorrow. In the meantime, we will provide you with equipment," Aultcray said in a neutral tone.

A woman approached the four legendary heroes and then bowed to them.

Your rooms are ready, heroes. Please follow me.

Our beloved protagonist nodded his head gratefully and followed the king's minion to the room where they would rest.

I hear you have summoned the four heroes ... Everyone in this kingdom? ... Is that a good idea? ... That means that the hero of the shield is also here ... Yes, that demon is here.

Unbeknownst to the king's subjects, Broly had heard every word thanks to his sensitive hearing.


One Hour Later

A certain Legendary Saiyan was tasting a piece of roast meat from an unknown animal, but it didn't taste bad because it had some seasonings that made it quite good.

"Apparently legendary heroes get special treatment. The girl who brought us is very cute," Motoyasu commented with a silly smile on his lips.

Our beloved protagonist ignored the chatter of his companions and instead focused on something else important.

"I wonder how Kakaroko is doing..." Broly was with his gaze on the ceiling as he thought about his partner/wife. "She must be worried ... Tomorrow I'll ask the king if I can send a message to my world," he thought with a smile as he finished eating.

Suddenly though, the huge Saiyan was interrupted when his companions started to pay attention to him because he had been silent for quite a while.

"What about you Broly, do you also come from Japan?" asked Itsuki with a slightly curious tone because his companion's accent was unfamiliar to him.

The man with tousled black spiky hair raised his right eyebrow at the unfamiliar word the sword hero had said.

"Japan?" said Broly with a somewhat confused expression.

The three heroes were taken aback at the shield hero's unfamiliarity.

"Is there no Japan in your world?" asked Ren once he came out of his little shock.

Our beloved protagonist shook his head.

"No, I only know the five cities; north, south, east, west and the central capital," Broly answered with boredom because he did not see this conversation interesting.

Again, the hero with the bow, sword and spear were speechless at his partner's answer did not recognize those city names at all.

"That... That ... that's strange," Motoyasu commented with obvious surprise in his tone of voice.

"Yeah, I don't know any country or city in the world with those names," Ren added with a thoughtful expression.

"Neither do I," Itsuki said with his gaze on the shield hero.

The Legendary Saiyan shrugged without thinking much about it because now his mind was on his family.


The Other Day

Broly along with the other three heroes entered the palace, after having a proper rest and breakfast.

"We have gathered the brave warriors who will face the Waves together with the legendary heroes," said Aultcray with his gaze on one person in particular from the group of warriors who would accompany the heroes.

Our beloved protagonist along with his three companions stopped their walk just two meters away from the group of people who would accompany the heroes on their adventures.

"Stop, future heroes! It's time to begin your journey!" exclaimed Aultcray as he raised his right arm to demonstrate his order.

Almost immediately the helpers of the legendary heroes walked towards the latter, but the latter avoided the hero with the shield.

"Huh? Nobody picked me..." muttered Broly with a certain degree of surprise. "Well, never mind," thought he with a shrug because he wasn't very good at teamwork.

Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki said nothing when they saw that no one had chosen their partner because the latter didn't complain and didn't even seem to mind.

"Father!"

Almost most were surprised at the female voice coming from Motoyasu's group; the three heroes also had the same reaction as the others because they had no idea that the woman in the spear hero's group was from the royal family.

Broly looked quizzically at the red-haired woman who was in the spear hero's group ... If he remembered correctly, this woman was on the balcony the other day watching them.

"Yes, dear?" said Aultcray with a hint of surprise that his daughter would call him out in public.

The green-eyed woman walked until she was standing to the right side of the shield hero.

"The hero of the shield has no companion; may I join your group?" she asked with a charming smile.

The huge Saiyan did not like the smile of the king's daughter because he noticed immediately that she was a false and cruel person.

"I must admit that I didn't expect that the hero of the shield would not be chosen by anyone ... But if you want to be on his team, then you can go." Aultcray gave his consent for his daughter to join the shield hero's group ... although he obviously did so reluctantly because he had a particular hatred for the latter.

Seeing that this could take a dangerous turn, the man with eyes as dark as coal stepped forward.

"I humbly decline your offer, Miss Melromarc," Broly said loud enough for all present to hear.

Everyone presents gasped at the shield hero's words because he had literally turned down the princess of the kingdom.

The woman (21) known as 'Malty Sophia Melromarc' had her face disfigured by the shield hero's rejection of her.

"I see... Well, if it's your decision I'll respect it," Aultcray agreed with his fists clenched because the damned 'demon' in the guise of a hero was ruining his plans.

Broly noticed the obvious hostility from both the king and the princess, but didn't give it a thought and then bowed.

"Anyway ... Every month, the heroes will receive funds. This time. Broly will receive more than the others," Aultcray explained grimly. "Here is your help. Please accept it," he said in the same way.

Our beloved protagonist accepted the big bag full of coins from the woman in front of him.

"Broly will receive 1000 silver coins. The rest will receive 600 silver coins," Aultcray commented with clenched fists. "Use them to buy equipment and begin your journey," he advised.

Both the Legendary Saiyan and his companions said 'Yes, Your Majesty' and then turned around and left the place.


A Moment Later

A certain man with tousled black spiky hair was the first to leave the palace.

"See you around, Broly."

Our beloved protagonist stopped his walk and turned around meeting the other three heroes along with the warriors or adventurers who would accompany them.

"You better get stronger," Miyamoto commented with a somewhat mocking smile but he was not the only one because the hero with the bow and sword had similar expressions.

The huge Saiyan formed a small amused smile at the brat's challenge.

"You too," Broly said as he started walking towards the city to buy food because he was starving because the breakfast, he got at the castle wasn't enough for his Saiyan appetite.

The man with eyes as dark as coal was walking for quite a while, looking around with some curiosity.

Help ... Someone please ... Shield hero...

Our beloved protagonist wasted no time and from the blink of an eye appeared in front of a cage, but he was not alone.

"Hey! Who are you-"

"Quiet, you bastard!" demanded Broly angrily without bothering to turn around. "What's this girl doing locked in that cage?" he asked with his gaze on the cage where there was a raccoon-like half-human.

The girl flinched at the screams of the huge man who appeared practically out of nowhere.

The guy with the funny mustache stepped back very terrified when he saw who the guy who had entered his business was.

"H-Hero of the shield ... As you know I'm an s-slaver."

The Legendary Saiyan in one swift motion grabbed the human by the neck and lifted him off the ground to his level.

"She's a girl," Broly said with his eyes narrowed on the scum he held in his right hand.

The slaver swallowed saliva as best he could as he saw the furious look on the shield hero's face.

"B-But she's a ... demi-human, and in the human realms her kind isn't very welcome..."

Our beloved protagonist growled in annoyance at the human's response and was sorely tempted to torture him a bit, but he didn't because he didn't want to leave a bad first impression in front of the girl.

"Your words aren't helping you, scum," Broly stated with a dangerous tone. "Release her," he ordered with his irises turning an intense yellow color, but this lasted a second.

The slaver was really very scared because he had never in his life been intimidated in this way. Besides, the hero of the shield was supposed to be pacific! ... But when he saw the latter's eyes he almost peed and defecated in his pants.

"I-I can't ... You'd have to b-buy it."

The huge Saiyan was about to assassinate him right there, but thought better of it because he didn't want to get into trouble in this world just a few hours after being summoned.

"Well... How much is it?" asked Broly a little calmer than before, but just barely because if the guy would have said another stupid thing, he would have sent him flying across the place.

The slaver calmed down enough not to stammer out the following:

"It would only be 15 silver coins."

Broly pulled out his bag of coins and took out 15 of them and then handed them to the human, in the process loosening his grip on the human's neck; allowing the human to break free.

"It was nice doing business with you, shield hero."

The man with tousled black spiky hair ignored the slaver's words.

"Girl, you can come out. You're free," Broly said in a soft tone so as not to frighten her.

The demi-human who had been silent so far looked at the man who was supposed to be the hero of the shield ... her mind drifted to some not so distant memories of a conversation with her parents.

"Don't be afraid. I'm a good guy," assured Broly with a friendly smile.

The half-human was brought out of her thoughts at the words of the hero of the shield, so she had no choice but to get out of the cage ... although she was still very fearful, but this fear was not directed at her new master but at the slaver because she did not want to receive the slave's seal.

"Hero of the shield ... Do you want me to put the slave's seal on you-"

"No." Was Broly's curt reply, which caused the slaver to jump out of fear and consequently crashed into an empty cage.

After this, the Legendary Saiyan turned around and started to walk away in complete silence.

The demi-human took a second to realize the departure of her new master, so without thinking twice she followed Broly; where she ended up catching him at the entrance of the place.


End of Chapter One


The Chapter Has 4000 Words


Uploaded14/12/22

Updated (Corrected)?/?/?

1