Prologue: Death & Rebirth
1.3k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening my eyes I found myself in a white void.

Nothing around except for a floating spin wheel like seen on Game Shows and a giant orb of yellow light.

"Ok, what the hell is this?" I questioned out loud.

Since the last thing I remember I was walking home from work in the rain. Then all of a sudden I am in this place.

It makes no sense at all.

As I continued thinking about my situation I suddenly heard a voice coming from the orb in front of me.

"Hello wayward soul. I have been sent here by my boss to inform you you have died."

Hearing the orb say this I felt like someone splashed me with ice cold water.

"I'm dead." I muttered.

"Yes. That's correct. You were struck by lightning and died instantly. But worry not. For you are one of the lucky souls who have died before their appointed time. As such you will be given a second chance. You will be reincarnated."

Hearing this my eyes widened in shock.

Ever since I was a kid I was a fan of anime. Then as I got older I discovered light novels and all the different genres associated with anime.

One of my favorites being the isekai trope. Where an ordinary person gets a second chance at life in a different world after death in their previous one.

I even wrote and read several fanfictions about it before ending up here.

I'll even admit that when I was younger I often dreamed of experiencing the thing known as isekai. But I knew it was just a fantasy.

But now here I am at 25 years old and my dream is now a reality slapping me straight in the face.

Who would've ever thought.

"Alright let's begin."

Just after the orb said this the spin wheel next to it started spinning.

"World randomization process initiated."

"So the world I live by second life in is going to be completely left up to chance huh?" I mused.

"That's correct. My boss does it this way since he says it makes things far more interesting."

I nodded at the orbs explanation. "So your boss, it's God right?"

"Well yes. But also no. My boss is known as the Creator. All that has ever been or will be was made by him. Across all of existence. God is just one of the many names people refer to him as."

I nodded once more as the orb finished its explanation.

Just I did so the spin wheel came to a stop.

Revealing to me which world I would live my second life in.

[Danmachi]

As far as places I could've ended up its not bad. Not bad at all.

There is a way for me to get stronger, tons of new opportunities, not to mention some of my top waifu inhabit that world.

So yeah, I can definitely work with Danmachi. 

Especially since I've read all the light novels, including the ones detailing the adventures of the Loki familia, Sword Ortario.

Which again means I am more than prepared to live in the Danmachi universe.

"Ok the world has been selected. Now it is time to see which gift you shall receive."

"Sorry, what?"

"Well in addition to giving people second lives in worlds only thought of as fiction the Creator also grants each person one gift before sending them to the place designated for their reincarnation. Oh and before you ask the gift is complete random as well. So it could be anything from a special ability to a weapon."

"I see." I said. "Your boss is really generous huh?"

"Well it depends on how you look at it. Since he is really doing all this for his own entertainment. Being who he is and knowing everything that will ever happen leaves him extremely bored. So he started this reincarnation system to relieve it. He basically watches the new lives of the souls selected to participate in this system like television shows. Not interfering at all once he gives them new lives."

"So I am basically a reality TV star now?"

"Put simply, yeah."

"Huh."

I know I should probably be a bit upset given what was just shared with me, but since I am getting a second chance to live my life I won't complain.

"Understood. Let's continue. Also should've really have just told me all that stuff, won't your boss be upset?"

"It's fine. I've done it before and haven't gotten in trouble. Anyway, let's begin the gift selection."

Right after the orb spoke the spin wheel glowed briefly and then started spinning again.

Until eventually it came to a stop once more.

[Schrift-B: The Balance]

"Hell yes!" I shouted.

Of all the gifts I could've gotten I have to say I'm pretty fucking lucky.

Since the power I am going to receive is the Schrift of Jugram Haschwalth. The leader of the Sternritter from Bleach.

His ability allows him manipulate misfortune in his surroundings and direct it towards his enemies and away from himself.

It's extremely deadly from the few instances I glimpsed him using it in the manga.

Hell during his battle with Uryu he was even able to inflict wounds on him and amplify them.

That's seriously amazing.

And now that power is going to be mine.

At this I can't help but put a smile on my face.

"Gift selection process complete. Now then time for you to be on your way."

"Right. Oh one more thing. Do I get to keep my memories of my previous life?"

"Yes. That's automatic for all reincarnates. Also only you will have access to said memories."

"Thanks for letting me know."

"No problem. It's one of the reasons I'm here. Now off you go to your second life. Also, this is going to hurt. Fair warning."

"Sorry, what?"

But no sooner than after I asked the question did I come to understand what the orb meant.

Seconds after it gave me the warning my body exploded with pain all over. It feels like someone is tearing me about from the inside out.

"Ahh!!!!!!"

I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Then eventually the pain ended.

But before I could even process what just happened my entire body was engulfed in a blinding white light.

Then all I saw was darkness.

31