22 – Familiar Faces
1k 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the schools' corridors after saying goodbye to his father, Aatrox got lost while searching for his room.

"Are you lost?" A boy asked Aatrox.

"Yes, I don't know where 12th-grade room A is." Aatrox said as he answered the boy in front of him.

The boy had short red hair, a freckled face. His muscles were apparently flabby and his height was around 170cm [5ft 7 inches].

"Are you in class 12A?" Asked the surprised boy.

"Yes, why?" Aatrox asked back.

"Don't you know what they say about class 12A? They say that to get in there you must either be very rich, or very smart. It's like the elite 12th-grade class." Said the boy while apparently examining Aatrox to find out which of the two types he fit.

"My family may not be poor, but we're not rich either. I think I fit the second option." Said Aatrox in his usual cold voice.

"I see, by the way, my name is Gregory, but you can call me Greg. Classroom 12A is on the third floor, come on." Greg said as he walked toward the third floor.

"My name is Benjamin, but you can call me Ben." Said Aatrox. Even though his voice sounded cold and distant, he liked Greg, he didn't seem to be the kind of person who plotted against other people Aatrox thought after observed him during their conversation.

"Alright Ben, have you picked your elective subjects yet?" Asked Greg.

"Elective subjects?" Aatrox asked as he went through Benjamin's memories to remember what that meant. "Which electives can I choose from?" He asked after remembering that these are subjects the student can choose to do.

"Basketball, Soccer, Computer Programming, Band, Orchestra, Theater ... The school has a lot of subjects to choose from hahaha." Greg said.

"Some of the subjects sound interesting." Aatrox said thoughtfully. "I think ill choose some to do."

Before long the two arrived at room 12A. Apparently it was just like any other classroom. Some students were sitting down while studying, others were grouped up and talking, what Aatrox didn't expect was to find some familiar faces in his class.

"This is room 12A. I hope you're not disappointed. Professor Daniels is coming, we should go in before he arrives." Greg said before entering room 12A and sitting in his chair.

Aatrox was surprised, he didn't expect Greg to be from 12A. 'Which of the two categories does he fall into?' Aatrox thought as he remembered the two types of students in class 12A Greg told him about a while ago.

"Welcome Ben." Professor Daniels said as he put a hand on Aatrox's shoulder.

"Thank you, Professor Daniels. The principal told me to come to the class and you would introduce me to the class." Aatrox said.

"Nick warned me a few minutes ago, don't worry. Come on." Professor Daniels said as he opened the classroom door and entered.

"Hello class, today we will have a new student. His name is Benjamin, come in Ben." Daniels said as he called in Aatrox to stand at the front of the classroom.

When he appeared, different people had different reactions. The first to respond was Annie, smiling happily as Aatrox was in her class.

The second to react was Thomas who was still upset that he lost the 1v1 match the day before.

What Aatrox didn't expect was that Jimmy would be in his class too. The one Aatrox had dueled in the park. Seeing that the new student in his class was Aatrox, Jimmy instinctively looked down at his still bandaged arm and felt his anger flare up as he remembered the humiliation he felt after the duel they had.

The guys in the room felt a little sad that a handsome guy joined their class, while the girls were happy when they looked at the new student.

"You can introduce yourself, Ben." Professor Daniels said as he signaled him to go to the front of the room.

"Hello everyone. So uh, I'm Ben. I'm a transcendental being trapped inside a human body... What's your deal?" Said Aatrox in his usual cold and distant voice. [Quote from Aatrox in League: "So uh, I'm Aatrox. I'm a transcendental being trapped inside cutlery... What's your deal?"]

"Very well Ben, you can sit behind Gregory by the window." Professor Daniels said pointing to a vacant spot behind Greg.

While introducing himself Aatrox could feel some hostility coming from some people in the classroom. Amazingly, Thomas wasn't as upset as Aatrox thought he would be. Already Jimmy had an aura of anger around him, Aatrox could only feel it because of his thousands of years in battle. He could even feel a hint of anger from a cultivated man who trained not to emit anything, let alone a mortal child who doesn't even know a breathing technique.

Annie waved her small hand at Aatrox. He returned a nod in return shocking many people in the room, as Annie usually didn't react and often even ignored the boys who tried to talk to her. This sparked some girls' curiosity about the new boy who even Annie acknowledged.

Sitting in his seat, Aatrox grabbed his backpack and opened it to get his Algebra textbook. Then he opened his textbook to the page number that was written on the board, Mr. Daniels started teaching the lesson. The lesson was going very well, after all, they were being taught by one of the best teachers in the state, even boring content would become interesting with the comments and views that Mr. Daniels gave during his explanations.

When Mr. Daniels asked a question to a student in the room, Greg turned around and spoke to Aatrox. "By the reaction of some people, apparently you know some of the celebrities in our room." Said Greg smiling.

"More interestingly is that you're a member of 12A and didn't tell me which of the two categories you fit into?" Asked Aatrox.

"You didn't ask me if I studied here. But about the categories, which one do you think I fit in?" Greg asked curiously, wondering what Aatrox would say.

"I'd say you're smart, because of your clothes, without wearing any luxury items, you probably didn't come from a rich family." Said Aatrox in his cold, distant voice.

"Bingo! You're talking to the Top 4 academic students in the year." Greg said with a proud look. After all, the class had the smartest students in grade 12.

"And what did you mean by celebrities in the room?" Aatrox asked.

24