Elven Lies I Chapter 0 – Prologue
1.1k 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is pure fantasy work with a few sci-fi elements in the end. Please give Chapter 1 a chance after reading the Prologue.

PROLOGUE

"We are the maker of our own demise"

  The world as we knew it was forever changed when humanity took a giant leap forward in technological advancement. With the help of the organization controlled by the United Nations, ARST (Advanced Research in Space and Time), the Energy crisis that plagued the world for generations was finally solved through an accidental miracle.

  Teleportation technology became a reality, and with the creation of a portable wormhole in the year 3233, long-distance travel was now possible in mere seconds. But what no one could have foreseen was the unintended consequence that came with the breakthrough. A dispute over teleportation accidentally opened the doors to the New World, unleashing a whole new realm of possibilities for humanity to explore.

  As researchers and scientists delved deeper into this new world, they discovered a revolutionary new compound called N-Ether. This compound harnessed dimensional energy, which stabilized radioactive substances on Earth like plutonium, making high-powered batteries that could last up to ten times longer than the original radioactive substance. It revolutionized the power sector and brought comfort to human life like never before. But humanity's insatiable thirst for more energy and new discoveries would soon lead them down a dark path.

  After some decades of research, humanity discovered dimensional energy through which the radioactive substances on earth like plutonium stabilised and made into high-powered batteries that could last up to ten times longer than the original radioactive substance They named this new compound N-Ether.

  In their pursuit of power and new life, humanity inadvertently opened a gateway to their doom. A single creature of humongous size crossed over from another dimension, and while humanity was able to defeat it, the excessive radiation it brought with it nearly destroyed the human race. In a desperate attempt to survive, the UN declared their intention to flee to Mars colonies, and the race to move began.

  ARST, determined to rectify their mistake, set to work building a weapon capable of effectively killing these interdimensional creatures. The only thing that could do the job was the newly produced N-Ether. They developed an autonomous machine that could mass-produce N-Ether and weaponize it against the IDCs (Interdimensional Creatures).

  in the meantime, ARST was dead set on rectifying their mistake and building the weapon. The only thing capable of effectively killing these things was the newly produced N-Ether. So the organisation focused on developing an autonomous machine, capable of mass production of N-ether and weaponising it against interdimensional Creatures (IDCs).

  The SAAI (Self-aware artificial intelligence) system, which was built as a last resort for reviving the human race if they were ever to perish in the struggle, was mounted in the weaponised ships capable of fighting the IDCs on equal footing.

  The battle raged on for years, with countless casualties on both sides. But finally, on that fateful day on 17 August of 3422, the last IDC succumbed into a wormhole, taking the oldest model 051RIS ship with him.

  However, the aftermath of the battle left Earth in ruins, its once-beautiful landscape polluted by nuclear radiation. Cleaning up the mess would take generations, but for now, humanity could rest easy knowing that the IDC threat had been vanquished.

  But in some faraway place, the battle between IDCs and the 051RIS was still ongoing and this is the tale of their lengthy battle, a champion chosen by 051RIS and the IDCs that threatens the new world called 'Genas'.

***

The world of Genas is dominated by three races: Humans, Dwarves and Elves. This world follows the principle of magic and two professions meant everything here: mages and knights.

  The event of the Elven Lies kicked off in the year 1055 when the strongest knight whom everyone feared got defeated but before his death, the man threw the world into chaos. He authored several of his secrets and distributed them among some chosen few, leaving nothing to his enemies. Even after his death, the people still feared for the day when his heirs, the bookholders, will resurface for vengeance.

  The protagonist of the story is a narcissistic character who grows into a power-seeking person, a boy in his late teens who wouldn't mind getting his hands dirty. He gets obsessed with Books of Fate and makes his life's ambition to have it all for himself.

THE WORLD OF GENAS

 
8