Chapter 3: Undying Resolve
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"STAND DOWN AND STAY WHERE YOU ARE YOU FUCKING BASTARD, OR ELSE I WILL BLOW HOLES IN YOUR BODY."

Muscle Head girl shouted as Atheka overflowed from my body, as I charged head first towards the door where that woman was standing. I channeled my Atheka towards my palm equally distributing it, suddenly large amounts of air gushes past my head as I was barely able to avoid that monstrous punch.

"Tch."

She clicked her tongue, noticing I avoided her punch.

"That was close.... To think you belonged to the Bonnents."

"Former Imperial Knights Bonnet Division 6, BUT I am a part of IA now so it doesn't matter. I will give you another chance, I honestly don't want to beat a kid let alone kill one."

"Nah, I'm good."

She started rubbing her wrist as her hands started to glow and blue flames covered her fists.

"But the next one won't miss."

Both of her fists are covered with blue flames, it's a famous Technique taught to a trusted few who have close relations with the Bonnets. It takes basic Atheka manipulation to increase your Power output, but it takes a real veteran to increase the output when using Bonnet Arts. Bonnets, even though they are in the last place in the FAT—8 but one should not under estimate their power as they are at least a part of the list.

"Bonnet Arts—Septile Fist."

In an instant seven consecutive punches came hurling towards me only leaving a flaming trail in its trajectory. This is bad not only am I running out of time, I am also caught in this deadly exchange. I start to channel Atheka through my arms and fist in preparation to use—

"Deflection Arts—Atheka Divergence."

I countered her Attack with my Deflection Arts, changing the trajectory of the blows which landed on the wall behind me made huge holes in the wall.

"How did you do that!?

Since she is a Bonnet, she must have least 2 spirit cores and I can already guess where they are. I took this chance to flick the clothes and accessories from the confiscation box outside the room and threw them towards her.

"Guh!"

Disoriented, I took this chance to advance towards her, there is a reaction that occurs when someone else's Atheka (which is in pure form) is channeled through the person's spirit core. As spirit core where there are excessive amounts of Atheka is present.If some foreign Atheka's presence is detected, the body responds to it by disrupting the flow of Atheka in that region temporarily. I found this out the hard way when I was still at that place. Well, when I first tried injecting various types of lingering Atheka of High Angels.........believe me it was NOT a PLEASANT experience.

I channeled Atheka towards the tips of my fingers while she tried to retaliate by throwing a random punches towards me, I avoided all of them by a hair's breadth and changed my hand in a streamlined way and attacked her near her shoulder where the Atheka tubes supply the Arm, which ultimately resulted in the tubes picking up some of my Atheka. But because I did this, I became vulnerable and a punch with traveling at the speed of sound came hurling towards my torso and I was blown back towards the already destroyed wall.

"Ack!"

I suffered minor injuries as I gathered myself in the rubble and looked towards her.

"Heeh...... it's working, looks like getting blown back wasn't in vain."

"You BASTARD! What did you do to me?!?"

She said as her arm which was supposed to be covered in blue flames was flickering as she wasn't able to channel enough Atheka.

"Damn it! Shit! Come on."

As she was distracted, I took the chance to escape I need a smokescreen to hide myself. I looked around in the rubble and I saw that the wall that originally blown in some parts by her, was somewhat structurally unstable. I didn't want to use this but I have no choice but to.

"Deflection arts—Reactive Divergence."

I channeled Atheka towards my right fist and took a stance, out of the corner of my eye I see the muscle headed girl who is impatient is starting to recover, I don't have much time.

"Let's do this!"

I swung my fist towards the structurally weak part of the wall and before my fist made contact, the wall exploded with a thundering boom.

Reactive Divergence is one of the many deflection arts that basically forms a layer of protective layer when Atheka is channeled using it. The outer layer reacts violently by exploding outwardly when physical force or extreme Atheka related Arts are used on it. This is accomplished by covering pure form of Atheka on the outward surface, originally this was used by the ROUGE ANGELS during the war to create bombs. But, if used incorrectly can literally blow the arm of the user to shreds.

As the wall exploded, slowly the rubble also started to fall down. Cause of this large amounts of dust filled the corridor making it unable to see.

I took an overcoat that was fallen on the ground from when I threw that confiscation box and wore it. I put up the hood of the overcoat and closed my eyes.

I don't want to do this, I don't wanna. It really sucks and I hate it, but having no choice I released the restraint that was put on me 6 years ago by her to protect me from the harsh world outside.

"I'm sorry Mother, but looks like we can't stay together after all......

"Lilly Release! MER—2168101003 Evengrande!!"

It was around 6 years ago when she put a seal on me. She told me I would never be able to figure out how to release it, even then I somehow knew how to release it. "Evengrande" that is Love forever in the ancient language of Atheka, even though she loved me and put her faith in me....... I'm really sorry but I think the problem is just me. Afterall all seals are written and applied in ancient language.

My senses clock to overdrive as I start perceiving and feeling at an insane rate.

"AGGGHHH!!"

It feels like my mind is going to explode, doing this after a long time really sucks. I was born in an experiment to create a group of exceptional individuals who were strong enough to take on the high Angels of the North. I was a failed/ botched result of that very experiment and on top of that my senses being exceptionally high it was sort of driving me insane at the same point. To prevent this and also to put a leash on me, H.O.R.T put a seal on me that they only could do and undo. But later unbeknownst to them I figured out how to seal and unseal my senses. But after the project was disposed of ethical reasons, my mother put a final seal that only works once and sealed my senses and asked me to never speak of the project ever again. This later caused a lot of problems with elder sister was seeking answers for the reason and how I was related to the Scolentia family. This was also the reason the fight occurred between mom and elder sister over my existence and which ultimately led her to hate me and blame me for the root cause of all the troubles.

It is my fault, hence the Scolentia family shouldn't suffer because of it, the only person that should carry the burden is me.

As I hurried through the rubble filled corridor which red beacons blaring brightly with addition of dust from the rubble made it like a Athequake hit the building. As I hurried towards the location, I was no longer Hayden "Scolentia", now I was just Hayden. This small realization in the back of my mind made me realize that I once again had nowhere that I go and I had spent close to all of my childhood living yet another made up lie. I had hopes, dreams and aspirations to save this world cause once--

"Even I was once a hero...."

Only silence ensued towards the end of my path, to come into the light I must do what's necessary.... I must survive and exterminate. 

1