Chapter 8: Combat
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Accepting the good will that Olympus offered, I nod and finally gears of my plan start turning.

“Welcome to the rebellion Olympus.”

I offer him a hand in gesture of good will and he takes my hand without a thinking twice.

“Now take your sister and go.”

“Wha--”

“This is my way of showing good will, you offered your loyalty in return I vowed to help you. Now GO! Meet me in the Death Valley Forest.”

Olympus seemed awestruck from my gesture, he immediately nodded and slowly lifted his sister and put her unconscious body on his shoulder. He looked one last time in my direction, he slightly bowed one last time before taking off in the other direction.

“Now, lets clean this mess up.”

Immediately the smoke cleared and revealed a whole squad of imperial foot scouts armed with imperial swords.

I ducked immediately upon their sight and started heading towards the rear of the 5 squad members. Taking the rubble and huge clumps of dirt which had formed due the crash as cover, I slowly made my way towards the rear to carry out an ambush.

Memories flash in my mind as my movements switch to muscle memory. I scan the area and pick a pickaxe which was randomly lying on the ground while moving stealthily. I rip the inner lining of my coat and make a makeshift face cover that covers up to my nose.

Around 5 people, armed and geared. Scout gear is easy to penetrate as its light and made for deflection against weaker Atheian weapons such as handhelds and swords. Summary, go for the neck.

I pump Atheka through my body which increases my senses and charge ahead from the rear of the group.

Before they could even notice, I swing the pickaxe with my full might aimed towards the neck of the first target.

“Ahghh.”

The pickaxe digs into the neck of the target and with lightning-fast speed thanks to my Atheka, I rip the contents of his neck. With his neck exposed and blood spatter everywhere, the group finally come to their senses to the situation unfolding in front of their eyes.

“Suty is down!”

“Intruder spotted!”

“Annie, go and tell that weak bitch to call for back up immediately!”

“Roger!”

 Two people in coordination unsheathe their issued swords and pump it full of Atheka and charge head first towards me. From the group of 4, 2 charged ahead and while one is coordinating (Most probably the leader of the group) and one breaks formation to run in the direction they came.

Here they come, I coat my left hand in Deflection Arts—Atheka Divergence and swing the pickaxe in my right hand towards the weak point of the sword.

“Ahhhhkhnn.”
The sword of the person on my left makes contact with my fist which is covered in Deflection Arts. As a result, the person is blown back at an explosive speed and her imperial sword shatters almost instantly. While the pickaxe makes contact with the sword on the right.

“NOO! Amber! You fucking bastard!”

“No! Lim stay focused on the enemy! I’ll take care of Amber!”

The leader decides to go towards the girl who was blown away by my arts earlier.  I shouldn’t waste any more time, let’s finish this quickly and efficiently.

I coat my left hand in Atheka and amplify my strength. I also pump extra Atheka to increase my senses which increases my ability to perceive.

“Wha—”

I pull on the light armor of the scout and lock his sword using my pickaxe, all the while extending my left hand in the direction of his neck.

“Khaa—”

I strike his neck with a streamline fist and he collapses on the ground frothing from his mouth. I look towards the leader as he faces towards me.

“Quite the skilled pest you are, aren’t you? To think a pest such as yourself would be such a problem in the Land of the Bonnets. Just to let you know we don’t ensure a merciful death regardless of who our enemies are.”

“Some big words coming from a dog of the Bonnets. What’s the matter with your other puppies, it looks like they pissed themselves. But the color of piss is RED for some reason.”

The expression of the leader changes to a blood lust gaze.

“Some balls you have, but let me inform your uneducated filthy mind who YOU are facing.”

“Like I care--”

“Captain of the Scout Squad of Bonnets, WILL SOMDES!!”

“All right Mister All bark no Bite.”

I provoke the guy even further.

 

 

 

 

0