Chapter 11: Path of destruction
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Phew! this took time...

Anyways enjoy the chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Unlike other successors, Cecil Bonnet was different. Even though her brothers voiced their complaints against her becoming the next head, she like the obedient and peaceful girl she is kept her head down and listened. After all, her purpose was that of inheriting her Grand Father’s will.)

.… (Coming back to the present) ….

“Where am I?” Asked the Bonnet girl in a rather smooth and quiet voice.

“And who are you? Why have you tried my hands?”

I sigh internally and look towards the girl.

“Quite talkative for a girl who has been Kidnapped.” I spoke.

The shock is visible from her reaction to my words. She looked towards the Bomfer and then the surroundings around her before once again opening her mouth once again.

“Did my mother sent you? Or perhaps one of my brothers?”

“Neither.”

The Bonnet girl makes a confused and a rather pained expression, as she slowly sits up and makes her face visible from the chemical lights.

“I’ll skip to the chase Bonnet girl.”

I take out a thin booklet which I had taken from the pocket of the girl.

“That’s my—”

I cut her off in the middle and begin reading the contents.

“Cecil Philiko Bonnet, Age 18 years, Atheka classification: Golden Blood.”

“—ID”

“But everyone knows that but, what everyone doesn’t knows is that there is an internal struggle going on, so as to decide who gets to be the head of Bonnet family. That must be quite difficult for you Cecil, after all none of the family members are on your side.”

“Shut up, you don’t know SHIT.”

She glares at me with killing intent as her beautiful face contorts into an angry expression.

“Don’t be mad, I am just stating the facts. Anyways you can’t use Atheka for a while…. after all I used ‘that’ technique on you to put you to sleep. Heh! Even if you did, your flimsy Attacks won’t even reach me anyways.”

I provoked her just a bit and as expected, she takes the bait. Her hands and legs both bound by rope, she launches herself head first like a spring. I avoid it easily and use my palm to slam her body on the ground by pushing her side ways.

“Guh!”

“See, I told you.”

As a result, she falls face first on the ground as her body receives the rest of the shock.

“Look, I’d love to play with you but I am in a difficult position to say the least. I’ll cut to the chase why did you run away from home? I remember seeing your face printed in the missing person’s section in the newspaper weeks back.”

She fixes her posture slowly and looks towards me and makes eye contact.

“(*cough*) Mud in my mouth……... I didn’t run away.”

After a long pause of her spitting the mud out of her mouth, she continued.

“My fucking family is trying to kill me to gain the right to succession. It’s just like you said ‘Internal Power Struggle’.”

“Well, it’s expected. After all, they are Bonnets.”

“Wait, what do mean by that.”

“It’s in their nature to be greedy and unforgiving, that’s how they were raised right?”

“……..”

“But, you’re a different one. It has been more than a min and you have not used your family power and status to threaten me to release you.”

“I’m no fool like my other siblings, after all it was you who wiped the whole Bonnet Scout Squad. Plus, there is no one who will come to rescue me even if I begged.”

“Hmm correct.”

I can use a girl like her to my disposal. I have less than 2 months’ time to prepare. I have to build up forces and at least take over Bonnets by then. Plus, it’s the perfect timing, the internal family is distracted by the internal struggle taking place.

While I was distracted something unexpected happens.

“That’s why I have to FIGHT!!!”
Cecil somehow unties the rope on her legs and charges at me. I try to counter, but she somehow locks my head between her bound hands and at a hairs breath away directly makes eye contact.

Semperfy!!!”

She shouts, as her eyes glow in a golden color and the crosses in her glow red.

As I expected, those eyes are capable of Mind Manipulation Techniques. But unfortunately!

“They won’t work on ME!”

“Eh?”

I slam my fist serval times on her chest area and kick on the side of her hip. She stumbles a bit; I take this opportunity to get close. She being in a semi- breathless state, randomly flings her fist towards me. I stealthily avoid it; I grab her neck and push her against a tree trunk while making direct eye contact.

“DO YOU give up?”

“……Y..e..s”

She coughs a little more and catches her breath as she looks towards me. I release her neck as she dusts the coat she had on.

“Just who…no…what in the world are you?”

'“Quite the question you have asked me, haven’t you?”

“It’s expected, after all the technique I used earlier was a very high level.”

I felt a little bit lonely for some reason, as memories of similar encounters like this came to mind.

“Just someone with a unique mindset.”

After all, I am the only one of my kind. Nothing but a lab rat, who am I? why did she have to die? WHY?

I am just tired…. FUCK

“Tell me Cecil, do you want to RULE the IMPERIAL STATE?”

“……”

“Not just the Bonnet Family’s Area, but other areas as well like as LillySpears, Ironhearts, and other families as well.”

“Heh! You think the ‘me’ who couldn’t inherit the will of my grand Father, who wanted me to be the next head of Bonnet family for bringing a positive change to the current situation of the area. You are looking at the wrong person, I am not—”

“But it’s not wrong to dream right?”

“But how will you bring that dream to reality? A dream stays a ‘dream’ if not acted upon, right?”

“I will, if you are willing to put your faith in me.”
“……”
“I know you don’t trust me but if I didn’t find  you worthy back then, I would’ve let you be beaten to death by that scout girl. So, you having trust issues is least of my concerns right now. At this point you really don’t have any other choice.”

“Please stop joking, do you know that the Bonnets have their own army, not to mention the Angels that are on their side. It’s suicide, trying to pick a war with the Bonnets.”

“Then we will raise one.”

“It’s not that simple.”

“If I take over the capital city of Bonnet region, everything else will fall like dominos. Afterall the only reason the Bonnets are currently surviving is the amount of gang activity and smuggling that takes place in the area. After all your capital city is the center for all the underworld activity.”

“…...I don’t like where this is going—”

“2 Months, become my subordinate for 2 Months. Not more not less, if you fail to see results, I’ll help you escape the Bonnets.”

“Really?”
“Really, I’m a man of my word.”
She covers her eyes looks up and with a huge sigh, she extends her hand towards me.

 “Help me take over the BONNETS, ummm...?”

Hayden. Just Hayden.”

“Ahem! Yes, Hayden please help me take over the BONNETS.”

Just like that, the Path of Destruction for the Bonnets was set, none other than a family member of the Bonnet Family. The gears of Rebellion continue to turn.

0