Chapter 1: Dragon Eggs
52 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, did you hear about a new bird in town". "Yeah I heard he's popular with the male and female birds". 

 Midnight growled as she heard the birds chatting outside. "Go gossip somewhere else will you". She said angrily. The birds jumped at the sound of Midnight's voice and turned around to see a bright yellow eye looking at them. "S-s-sorry gr-great dragon". The birds stuttered before flying away. Midnight looked as the birds flew away before getting up from her nest. "Noisy birds, why couldn't they gossip somewhere else" Midnight mumbled as she headed towards the lake 

 When Midnight arrived at the lake, she stepped in the water and began washing her scales and claws off. "What should I hunt for breakfast today, a pig demon, fish. Hum maybe a sheep demon". As Midnight was thinking about what to eat for breakfast, she caught the smell of a male dragon in her territory. "Is someone trying to pick a fight with me". Midnight said angrily. Getting out of the water, she shook herself off before taking flight in the air. 

  As Midnight surveyed the area, she spotted the intruder in the forest hiding something in a tree hole. "HEY, what do you think you're doing" she shouted, flying towards the forest. By the time time Midnight reached where the intruder was, he was already gone. "Now what was that dragon doing here". She thought. Looking around she spotted a sack laying beside one of the trees. "What was that dragon trying to do". she thought. After smelling the bag to make sure it was safe, Midnight opened the bag and two dragon eggs fell out. "Who in the world puts dragon eggs in a sack, isn't it supposed to be kept warm" she thought, since Midnight didn't know what to do, she put the eggs back in the sack and flew back to the cave she used to live in. 

  When Midnight arrived, she opened up the sack and put the eggs in a basket, before heading to her library. "Baboons, cats, coyotes, ah, Dragons". Midnight pulled out a book about dragons and began searching for info on dragon eggs. "Hum, it says here that a mother dragon lays on the eggs for one to two years until the eggs hatch, the mother also never leaves her eggs unless she wants to drink water or use the bathroom". She read to herself,  a few minutes later, Midnight finished reading and groaned to herself as she headed back to the eggs. 

  "I have a feeling that you eggs are going to be a lot of trouble in the future". Midnight told the eggs. Using her tail, she rolled the eggs in her nest  and gently laid her body down on them. Then checking to make sure the eggs weren't crushed, Midnight grabbed a book and started reading.

3