The Storm is Here, And I’m Excited About It?
622 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up! Come on, hey! Habiki get up!"

Someone was shaking me? Why so aggressively? Were we already at the Festival? Man I wish I could sleep a little longer than this. I didn't even open my eyes yet but I still knew I was tired.

"…Sakura?"

I opened my eyes before rubbing them, however I realized in front of me was nothing but just a view of mountains in the distance.

"W-What the!?"

"Habiki, cmon and get out of your seatbelt, we have to escape now!"

Sakura was panicking next to me as she tried to unbuckle my seatbelt, however it was jammed.

"Hey, Sakura what's going on? What's the rush? I-"

I realized the entire bus was cut in half. No wonder why I was looking to the outside in front of me. But my question is… how?

"I have no time to explain, we have to get you out of your seatbelt! Cmon stupid thing! Cmon, cmon, cmon!!!"

She tried with all of her strength to pull my seatbelt but it was only tightening up around me.

"Sakura that isn't working… you're squeezing me!"

She pulled away with her worried expression, and looked outside the bus at something. Her eyes widened and she froze in absolute terror.

"What are you staring at?"

I looked over to where her eyes were focused on, and could see two large wolves the size of elephants, eating on other classmates from my school.

"…W…What's happening… Sakura?"

Sakura shook her head with tears pouring down her eyes.

"I don't know… we…were suddenly teleported here from out of nowhere!"

"…Teleported… here?"

She quickly ran to the back of the bus and reached underneath one of the seats.

"There's no time to start crying, we have to escape!"

She pulled an toolbox from underneath the seat and opened the lid, rummaging through it until she could find a pair of red scissors.

"Thank god! Cmon Habiki, I'll get you out of there!"

She stood back up and ran over towards me but fell down. The entire bus began to shake, causing Sakura to lose her balance and hit her head against the floor, knocking her unconscious.

"Sakura! Hey, Sakura! Speak to me!"

I watched her fall to the ground, her head bleeding profusely beside me.

"No… damnit … I gotta get out of this seatbelt!"

I tried unbuckling the seatbelt again but another massive earthquake shook the bus again, causing me to shake back and forth.

"What's with the earthquake?"

ROoOoOOOOOOOOOOOO

I heard a loud roar outside the bus. Looking out the window I noticed a large creature that resembled the design of a troll.

"What the hell…?"

Then it dawned on me.

"…I've been summoned into a new world…? THIS IS AN ENTIRE ISEKAI?!"

I had looked next to me on the floor, seeing the scissors rumbling it's way over towards me from each step the massive troll outside took.

"It's coming over…! I just need one more step from the troll… and then I'm free!"

I looked at Sakura with a face of horror… but I bit my tongue and focused on surviving right now.

"…Don't worry Sakura, just hang in there!"

BOOM

He took the last step I needed to reach forward and grab the scissors on the floor.

"GOTCHA!"

I started to cut the seatbelt to free myself quickly, managing to finally break free. Running over to Sakura on the floor, I picked her up and noticed the small scar on her head. Thank god it wasn't horrible as I imagined. It was just a large gash across her head, rather a deep cut that busted her skull.

"…Sakura? Can you hear me?"

She wasn't responding.

"Damnit… I need to know what's going on!"

<<Affirmative, calling forth World Hologram!>>

Eh? Who the hell said that?

Soon as I said those words, an holographic screen popped up in front of my eyes, having information all about me, with some other confusing details.

[Status]

[Habiki Yorgana]

[Strength: F]

[Intelligence: D]

[Speed: D]

[Skill(s): Copy System]

I tapped another recommendation on the hologram after seeing my stats, and it took me to another page. It was showing the ranks and where I stood  in the ranks. F was the lowest rank one could have, E was average, D was above average, C was novice, B was Expert, A was Master, S was Elite, and SS was Divine.

"My strength is an F…? Why am I that weak? I read to many Isekai mangas to be treated wrongly like this!"

I looked over at Sakura and picked her up, placing her on one of the seats.

"This is ridiculous… I have nothing to face those monsters outside. Let me see what ranks they're."

I walked to the window and looked over at the giant wolves in front of me, scanning their information.

[Monster]

[Ancient Wolf]

[Rank: C in all attributes]

"So there's two ancient wolves who are ranked C? Well then what about that large troll over there?"

[Monster]

[Troll]

[Rank: C in all attributes]

"Huh? Seriously? Well I guess they always say don't let size fool yah."

The information scanner in front of me vanished and I took a deep breath, balling my fists in a mix of emotions. I was excited… and also really scared. There's no way I'm gonna be Isekai'd to another world just to be killed! I'm not letting that happen.

"Wherever our classmates went, I need to find them quickly. The people that the wolves are eating outside doesn't really look like the classmates I know… but then again their faces are mauled off."

A nervous sweat went down my face and I decided to finally take the first step out of the bus.

"Alright… here I go…"

I slowly inched my way outside… slowly prepared to touch the ground, but-

ROoooOOOOooOoOOO!

One of the wolves howled at me as if they scented me. They wasted no time charging at me. I was gonna die here? I was gonna really die in such a stupid way? This is ridiculous… I can't die like this!

"…YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!"

I shouted, turning back around to dive into the decapitated bus, managing to evade the Ancient wolf who came to eat me.

"I CANT DIE LIKE THIS!"

I curled myself into a fetal position, scared out of my wits.

"There's no way I'm a main character in a world like this! I have nothing to make me main character, I'm just some background character that has no relevance to the actual story! Curse my luck!"

I heard the wolf snarling outside the bus, however it made me realize it wasn't attacking me? For some reason it was just growling like it wanted to eat me, but couldn't.

"H-Huh?"

I slowly looked out the bus to see the wolf only standing in front of it, showing its pointy teeth and licking its lips like I was it's dinner.

"It can't attack me?"

I stood up and then noticed something in front of the wolf, and also around the bus.

"Wait… a barrier is protecting us?"

I walked forward… slowly approaching the wolf as my leg shook from fear.

"There there… calm down boy… calm… down…"

I inched my hand outside the bus with hesitation… until I could feel the touch of the barrier around us. My eyes widened and I pulled away quickly.

"Who created this barrier?"

I once again used the information scanner to get details on the barrier around us, curious to see how strong it was.

[Skill: Holy Barrier]

[Skill Rank: B]

[Description: Holy Barrier is an powerful B rank magic that casts an protective barrier around the user, and ally's, to prevent harm from curse magic, and unholy magic of the same rank, or lower.]

"Ah I see, this world runs on a system of ranks and skills. Hmmm… it's sorta like that slime anime I watched, but combined with Overlord. Maybe I'm getting anime's mixed up? I don't know."

I sighed with relief and turned around, walking over to one of the seats to plant down into.

"Me and Sakura are safe at least…"

I leaned back into my seat and was exhausted from all this stress… but then it dawned on me…

"Wait a minute… if the holy barrier is protecting us, how are we gonna escape?!?"

I stood up and palmed my forehead in realization.

"This is bad! At this rate we'll be stuck here inside the bus forever! Does magic have a long lasting effect? Or is it permanent?"

<<To answer your question, Magic is not permanent. It depends on the magic, but a simple Holy Barrier will last a couple of days or so.>>

There goes that voice again… who was talking to me?

"Hey! Who's that speaking inside my head? Are you some type of Great Sage? WAIT! Are you? Like some great sage that tells me everything I wanna know?!"

Heh, only cultured ones will get the reference.

<<No>>

Bruh, that reply was so bland.

"Oh… um, what are you exactly?"

<<My name is none of your business. Wait a minute… how can you even hear me?>>

"Huh? WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME THAT? I JUST GOT HERE!"

<<Seriously, all the other people who are summoned here has never heard me before! You must be special.>>

"Wait… people get summoned here all the time?"

<<Yes they do. But something is off about you. You can hear my voice, which isn't possible, unless you have a skill that's equal to that of an SS rank, and I doubt you have that.>>

"…Huh? Seriously?"

I placed my hand under my chin, looking down in thought.

"…This is main character vibes right now…"

<<I heard that quote too many times from all the other Otaku's who were summoned here. That's all you guys care about, isn't it?>>

"…It's my time to shine… I'm gonna BE THE MAIN CHARACTER FOR SURE!"

21