Chapter 9: Money fixes all problems
158 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I blocked off the sounds of the murmurs as I made my way through the church's gates. At the side, Priest Elijah shoot me a smile as he waved goodbye at me, a gesture which I returned with the same sentiment.

With a smile arched across my lips., I ran passed the masses and immediately headed into the worker's building.

I made my way through the children and adults staying in the same building as me, even ignoring some voices that called out to me. Today, I felt happy, energetic and filled to the brim with an unidentifiable power.

Of course, I knew what that power was, hence the very reason I was this excited.

I picked up the keys from under the rug and unlocked the door. Stepping into my apartment, I closed the door, wanting to lock it shut when a foot appeared from nowhere and positioned itself in the middle, blocking the door from being closed, and causing me to unintentionally bash it.

"OUCH!!!" A loud feminine scream sounded from the outside and I saw the foot retreat backwards instantly.

I listened to the sound of the screaming voice and instantly knew who it was. I fling the door open, wanting to apologize only to be met with a palm painfully slapping against my head.

"Ouch!!" I held my aching head as I looked at the woman responsible for it in defiance "That was painful" I expressed, soothing the pain on the side of my head.

She rolled her eyes "That's what you get for slamming the door into my leg after a long hard day's work".

"You are talking as though you are the only one going through a hard day".

"Of course I am. I and your mother".

I snorted "I also provide money for food and other miscellaneous needs in this house, but you don't see me bragging".

She walked in and removed her ballet flats before pacing towards the couch and burying her body on top of it

"Yeah, but that's on you. I and your mother have told you multiple times not to worry about the money and just take care of the house until we get back" She exhaled tirelessly before turning her head to look at the sink that was filled with unwashed dishes and the remains of today's breakfast.

She then turned her head towards me with a flat look on her face "You didn't even do the dishes".

I shrugged "You can't expect me to stay at home like some housewife and not try to make some money for myself".

Yeah! I know. But you get my point.

As a former workaholic office worker, from the moment I knew that I was more than fit enough to navigate through this world and make some money for myself, I didn't hesitate and immediately caught the bull by its horn.

Unfortunately, the two women in the house didn't approve of that, as they deemed that the world was still far too dangerous for a sixteen years old like me to go searching for money.

She glared at me. Her tongue clicked in her mouth "Housewife huh! Well, I know that your mother wouldn't mind if you become a housewife if it means that you will stop going out without her permission" She stated, before stopping "Where is Marceline?".

I rosed a brow. "Why are you asking me? Aren't you the one I am supposed to ask?" I replied.

Her face, for a brief moment, fast enough for me to miss it if I wasn't paying attention at her facial expression darkened before abruptly returning to her earlier expression.

She opened her mouth to say something, however, she closed them immediately. Her oesophagus dropped by a few inches and I could feel the tension around her body becoming denser the more time she kept quiet.

"What happened?" I frowned. However, she ignored me and bent down to remove her black panty holes.

"Wha--"

"I heard you the first time Simeon" She sat back up and replied, looking at me with a smile "There is nothing to worry about. I and your mother had an argument about getting a new job since we had our salary decreased in our current one".

I felt my expression darken as I thought about the repercussions of her words. Even after leaving the Aldoph household, my mother and aunt Gilda choose to work as cooks and perform other household tasks because that was the only task they knew that they could do well enough.

And they were right because just after a few months, my mother was promoted to head chef, while aunt Gilda was promoted to be her assistant. Although things went well from there on, I knew that I needed to find a way to gain a steady flow of income to help them cover the bills so that they won't stress themselves as they also took care of me.

Yet, it seems that I haven't been doing well enough.

"How long has this been going on?" I questioned.

Aunt Gilda stared at me. And even though she tied to hide it, I could see it. Her eyes looked as though she was contemplating something. Like a decision that had to be phrased well into words to avoid any consequential mistakes.

However...

A thick, heavy snort was her response.

"Look at you trying to be all grown up. Don't worry about it, I and your mother are already figuring out a way to solve the issue".

She wasn't taking me seriously!

"Besides, I am more than matured enough to be complaining to a child who had yet to barely make it passed adolescent".

Of course, she wasn't! If I was in her shoes, I wouldn't take myself seriously either. Hence, I walked forward and stood in front of her.

I stared at her, and she stared back. To be honest, aunt Gilda is a very beautiful hardworking woman whom I wouldn't have minded getting married to in my past life if I didn't feel the need to disrespect either my wife or my kids back in my former world.

However, in this new life, she was still more than enough to make my raging teenage hormones go into overdrive, making me waste a lot of tissues at night.

What?

After a long time of not busting my nuts, the sudden raging boner took me by surprise and was shockingly far more difficult than I thought I could handle. To an extent, it was a weird experience.

"Try me. I am also much more mature than I seem" I uttered. But, she pinched my cheeks before rolling her eyes again. I pulled her hands away and watched as she chuckled at my displeased expression.

"You see, this is why you should be a housewife. After returning home after a long day at work, this little conversation has already eased some of my stress" She replied, and threw her panty holes on my face, blinding my eyes and wafting the weird scent of her sweating body arched on it, into my nose.

I removed the panty holes from my face and held them in my hands before I watched as she stood up and walked towards the toilet.

"Wash it" She amended " Watch these well this time, I could feel my legs itching today because of her dirty it was".

She opened the door, walked in and closed it behind her, leaving me alone in the sitting room with those few words of hers.

It was extremely hard to stop myself from the incredulous gaze I gave her.

"I am old enough to watch your bra, clothes, panty holes and panties. And yet, I am still too young to understand how the world works" I spoke to myself, before looking back at the panty holes and giving it a contemplative gaze.

At least, the stains on this one will wash out quickly without a trace when I am done with it.

…...

Six o'clock PM.

That was when my mother came back home. Her hair was messy, her maid uniform was patched with dirt, and her flats were muddy, looking as though she had run a mile and had mistakenly stumbled on mucky ground.

Although it's been a long time since I have seen her arriving home this late, I couldn't help but wince at her appearance. The smile arched upon her lips and the distant look in her eyes as she stared at me welcoming her home told me all I needed to know.

Truly, I have to work hard more and make sure that I earn more money for this household!

I drummed those words in my heart and ran towards her in a bid to help her. However, an outstretched hand held my arm and pulled me back with a force far greater than what my teenage body could tolerate.

I turned my head and was met with the glaring visage of aunt Gilda. I tried my best to fight back before I was pushed back again even after resisting with all my might, yet, it seems I overestimated this growing body of mine.

I was flung backwards and forced to crash on the ground with my buttocks. I sat there and look at her questioningly "Hey! Wha -".

"Go. To. Your. Room" She said. Her words were instilled with a scrub of rage and irritation that I never expected her to use on me.

Five seconds passed afterwards. I wanted to move forward and kick her out of the way, however, her eyes....

Her were ingrained with the same emotion and a gaze that I knew all too well.

I snapped my head towards my mother just in time to see her shaking her towards me, as though she knew what I was about to do.

I see!

They either don't trust me or feel that I am still emotionally immature to be a part of the conversation that was about to take place.

I see!

I held my body upright and walked into my room, after giving them one last glance, I slammed the door shut.

12