48- Carriage Raid [Emmy’s perspective]
2.2k 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You can snatch insects and eat them; you can also hunt monsters and eat them.
But sometimes, you want a dish that took a little more effort to create.

 

 

I left my master's house around January.
When I finally managed to descend the mountain, I thought about food as I tramped in the long grass.

But then I heard the voices of angry men far-off.
My enhanced hearing immediately found the shouts' location.

I wondered what the problem could be.
With 30% of me hoping they would be kind and 70% of me being realistic, I progressed toward the noise.

 

 

I saw there were 10 bandits surrounding a carriage and 3 beautiful women.

<Ah, this is! This is an isekai event called Carriage Strike!>

Omake-sama, what are you excited about? What's the event that happens during an isekai stream?

<There are many events that happen to start a storyline that many isekai streamers use, Carriage Strike is one of them. I never thought I'd be able to see one in person though!>

. . . I see.
So that means that someone like Torch would come and save that carriage, right?

<That's only for some cases>

Eh, only for some cases?

<Emmy, how many reincarnations do you think are in this world? Very little, right? If that's the case, then that makes the chances of people like Torch arriving to save carriages like this very slim.>

Oh, then because this is an isekai event. . . the chances must be higher.

<A Carriage Strike is so prevalent that it's impossible for every carriage to get saved by the main protagonist. This is simply how it works here>

Omake-sama. . . Right now, that peach haired kid is about to get body slammed into the ground by that ugly bandit.

<Yup!>

I can't just leave her like that. . .

<Peace out>

Uh what!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tucked a pebble into my hand and used [solidification] plus [stone throwing] and aimed it at one of the outlaws.
In the same way, I took out 2 more guys who were approaching the other women.

<Oh, so you're actually helping>

Of course, I helped!
In fact, why are you surprised!?

<Well, it would just trouble Emmy so I thought you'd leave them be.>

Omake-sama you're quite clueless in some areas.
Come to think of it, you used to say that the lives and death of other creatures were trivial compared to mine.

<I think Emmy is clueless in some areas as well! You don't have any sense in those areas. Even though they're bandits, they're still people yet you have no aversion to killing them>

If you kill a bandit and an innocent child lives because of your choice, isn't that good?
Or rather, what's the difference between the bugs and monsters I've killed and the thieves standing there?
Isn't it just a matter of taking a life?
Insects, monsters, and humans all have life, right?

I, too, have a sense of not to kill someone if they just harassed me.
But here, we both mean to kill each other, this is an exchange of life.
I'm not hesitant, but if you are, then it's over.
Since that's the case, you have no choice but to kill them.

 

 

While I was having a conversation with Omake-sama, the bandits on the road were panicking.

 

 

"Hey, hey what's going on!!"

"What is this?!"

"Come out you wizard! Come out now coward!"

Well, I'm not in a big hurry.
. . . Also, I'm not a wizard.
And how can someone call me a coward while they're surrounding a carriage?

Ok, since you said that, I'll show myself.
The bandits' abilities were clearly shown through their actions to the [stone throwing].
If you fought them individually, they would probably be weaker than the Shinigami Wolf.
They're not worthy of my fear.
. . . Six months ago, I wouldn't have stood a chance even if they made a mistake.
Master, thank you very much for training me.

 

 

As the bushes shook, Emmy slowly appeared.
The outlaws and the beautiful women all looked surprised to see her.

Yes, I'm a super cute girl!
If such a child like me appeared from the forest, you definitely would be shocked.

But hey, what surprised me was that they were there.

After all.
The 2 people who had eyepatches plus their leader who had a beard.

They're here, huh.

<Those guys are definitely the bandits who took over our base at Naso Forest>

 

 

 

 

 

. . . Alright, let's kill them and tear them to pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey! Don't be so frightened by such a little girl! Surround her!"

In a state of increasing murderous intent, the bandits who heard the instruction charged me.

 

 

. . . First, I defeat 1 person with [stone throwing].
For the next 2, I use [infinite gravel] and [stone throwing].
The last is dealt with [mantis].

Yes, that's it.

All that's left is beardy and his cronies! Be prepared!!

 

 

 

 

 

. . . What?

<They're not here anymore, they all escaped>

 

 

 

Ahh, then the others must have been a distraction.
Annoying! Annoying! Annoying!

<Are you going to chase them?>

 

 

 

. . . .

 

 

 

No, no.
I can't leave the beautiful women alone after going to such great lengths to save them.
It wouldn't be nice if my savior left right after rescuing me.
That trio will have to wait.
Let's hope they'll die in a ditch somewhere and not cause any more trouble.

". . . . Gasp,"

Let's think about our current situation now.

I peered at the beautiful lady.
There doesn't seem to be any injuries which is good but she can't seem to stand up properly.
Poor thing, well she was just attacked by bandits.

<Emmy, here's a suggestion from me>

Hmm, what is it Omake-sama?

<You saved these women heroically from the clutches of danger and I think you should get a reward>

Huh?

<In other words, even if you ask for compensation you won't get in trouble! And from what I can see, they seem to be from a decent family>

Oh, I see!

Yes, you're right!
Since I saved these people, they need to pay me back!
I can get a reward or 2!

Eventually, I near the beautiful woman.

A reward. . . 
What I want most right now. . .

It is!

 

". . . I'm hungry."

Delicious rice!

 

"Huh? . . ."

 

The charming lady relaxed.

"I, you, have helped. . . I want to eat."

I make full use of my communication skills and convey my demands.

 

"'. . . .""

For some reason, only silence replied to me.
Huh. . . Was my pronunciation wrong?
It has been a long since I've spoken after all so it is a possibility.

 

 

"I, you, have helped. I want to eat."

I'll say it again.

Upon hearing these words, the elegant lady finally reacted with a twitch of her mouth.
After a second, she opened her mouth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But. . . 

"Wow! Thank you for your help!!"

The older woman's words were halted by a girl with peach-colored hair who hugged me from the side with great vigor.

 

 

"Me, mother, and all the servants thank you!!"

The girl whispered words of gratitude in my ear.
Loud.
Hey, it's noisy!

Wait, mother?
Eh, is this stunning woman your mother?!

 

 

"My name is Sarah Salah, the only daughter of Baron Salah! What's your name!"

". . . . Emmy."

"Nice to meet you, Emmy! Thanks again for your help! I'll ask Father to prepare a banquet for you! I hope you look forward to it!!"

Sarah happily spun around and took my hand.

Sarah's mother, her maid with a stoic expression, and the uncle who managed to get up while groaning watched the situation with astounded faces.

 

 

 

 

 

That was how I met Lady Sarah Salah, the daughter of the very tense Baroness Salah.

Here's what the author has to say:
It's not that I don't feel like Emmy has become too strong but rather that the bandits are too weak.
Those who are skilled become adventurers without being a criminal and can get by easily.
Unless your personality is terrible.

Ok my turn!
I was the TL obviously and no one has proofread yet
Anyways, hehe can't wait to see your reactions for the next few chapters

22