Chapter 3 Attending the Banquet of Wilhelm II
5.2k 20 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kronprinzenpalais Home of Wilhelm I now Property of Wilhelm II Berlin 

July 20, 1901

[Erika's POV]

It's surprising knowing the changes in history as the more I am exposed to it as I'm already 4 years old and the changes that I'm planning can't change much sadly as people think I'm a joke or I'm too young. 

The best I can do to prove them wrong along with is to join the military academy as early as possible and show my knowledge and impress the senior officers along with the generals in order for me to get an officer rank as soon as possible. 

There was an article I've read before I got isekaied where you can get an officer rank regardless of your age as long as you prove yourself. To which Erika knew it was hard as hell, but not impossible as my parents agreed to send me into a military academy if I studied really hard and finished my noble etiquette classes. To which Erika had to soldier on as she hated nobles how vulnerable Germany is to other world powers. 

And with Kaiser Wilhelm II as Kaiser, she feared the worst as she knew Wilhelm II is a crazy idiot and a warmonger who wants more land and doesn't care about diplomacy and his related cousins and half brothers that are also a king from the Russian Empire to the British Empire. 

"At this point I need to have allies within the family of Wilhelm II and improve the military as fast as possible when I get there." She muttered under her breath. 

as they arrived in front of the mansion of Wilhelm II and her mother looked at Erika and strictly said "Be on your best behavior Erika dear, since I know that look."

I was Surprised for a moment before replying. "What look mother? I'm just unhappy about all of this."

Her mother replied with a tired voice "Because most of my friends within the Hohenzollern circle have that look. And I know you act like an adult when you're only just 4! Goodness gracious. But do not upset Wilhelm II as he has the power to give us problems ok dear?"

I grumbled quietly, unfitting for a noblewoman to make as she replied with the same tired and exasperated expression "Yes Mother do not worry. I was hoping to befriend Victoria and have fun with her."

Her mother was surprised for a moment but replied "Ok dear, you may wander around, but do not get too far from the palace grounds."

"Yes Mother" I rolled my eyes as they finally arrived inside of the royal palace and looked around to see many nobles attending which overwhelmed me a bit. But I sighed and calmed down for a few mins as I walked beside my parents and my siblings with dignity and a little bit of acting as were nobles after all. So why not act like it?

I looked around to see nobles gathering around and making jokes, saying greetings. But the most gossip she has heard the most was the Kaiser himself as some of them didn't like his brashness and steering Germany into an unstable relationship that is impossible to go back once broken. 

I snickered as most novels didn't realize that in 13 years from now, the great war will descend upon them and Wilhelm II will demand more men and women to join the front to which most of them will die.

I shaked my head at this stupid idea of a united Germany  as she looked around a bit more and spotted someone that might help her in the long run…no maybe in the future.

Princess Victoria Louise Adelaine Matilda Charlotte of Prussia 

Her name resonated with her as she scanned her memories and realized how much she's important to her future plans.

Out of all the children Wilhelm II had, Victoria was the only one he cared for and loved. Knowing this, I steeled my heart as I approach her as she was talking to another noblewoman of her age and stopped to look at me as I graciously bowed and said 

"Greetings your highness. My name is Erika Victoria of Königsberg. May I have the honor of requesting to be your friend?"

God this is cringe as hell. But I have to do this in order to be friends with Victoria who ironically had the same name as her last name.

The princess replied after recovering from her slight shock and was curious as to why I approached her. "Well, you've certainly surprised me and my friend. But I don't see why not as I love to have more friends that are adorable as you. And please stop with the long name. I hate it. You may call me Princess Victoria for short."

She smiled as she welcomed me with open arms as me and Princess Victoria along with her friend who I just realized was a Daughter of a duke gave me extra pressure not to say things that might derail this moment.

"Princess Victoria, I've heard you're interested in history and adventure. I hope I could share some fantastic stories that I've made if you'd like?"

The princess pondered for a moment and took a glance at me before replying "I don't see why not. And I can tell you're an interesting person to be with."

She replied that even I was flattered to be praised by the princess. As she was about to talk more, someone in front of the stairs, most likely the attendant of Wilhelm II announced in a rather loud voice.

"Attention Please! Your Attention Please! Kaiser Wilhelm II has arrived and will deliver a speech!"

The attendant loudly in the microphone stepped aside for Kaiser Willhelm who was descending the stairs with pride and arrogance which made me cringe as he stopped in front of the microphone and looked around and spoke in a rather heavy and proud voice befitting his stature.

"I have come to you today to witness the rebirth of a greater Germany, a powerful Germany. From the Rhineland all the way to Königsberg, from the Baltic sea all the way to the Atlantic, we will rise up and be proud Germans that will unite central Europe!

In spite of the fact that we have no such fleet as we should have, we have conquered for ourselves a place in the sun. It will now be my task to see to it that this place in the sun shall remain our undisputed possession, in order that the sun's rays may fall fruitfully upon our activity and trade in foreign parts, that our industry and agriculture may develop within the state and our sailing sports upon the water, for our future lies upon the water.


 The more Germans go out upon the waters, whether it be in races or regattas, whether it be in journeys across the ocean, or in the service of the battle flag, so much the better it will be for us.

For when the German has once learned to direct his glance upon what is distant and great, the pettiness which surrounds him in daily life on all sides will disappear. Whoever wishes to have this larger and freer outlook can find no better place than one of the Hanseatic cities....we are now making efforts to do what, in the old time, the Hanseatic cities could not accomplish, because they lacked the vivifying and protecting power of the empire. 


May it be the function of my Hansa during many years of peace to protect and advance commerce and trade!In spite of the fact that we have no such fleet as we should have, we have conquered for ourselves a place in the sun.


 It will now be my task to see to it that this place in the sun shall remain our undisputed possession, in order that the sun's rays may fall fruitfully upon our activity and trade in foreign parts, that our industry and agriculture may develop within the state and our sailing sports upon the water, for our future lies upon the water. The more Germans go out upon the waters, whether it be in races or regattas, whether it be in journeys across the ocean, or in the service of the battle flag, so much the better it will be for us.

For when the German has once learned to direct his glance upon what is distant and great, the pettiness which surrounds him in daily life on all sides will disappear. Whoever wishes to have this larger and freer outlook can find no better place than one of the Hanseatic cities....we are now making efforts to do what, in the old time, the Hanseatic cities could not accomplish, because they lacked the vivifying and protecting power of the empire. May it be the function of my Hansa during many years of peace to protect and advance commerce and trade!

As head of the Empire I therefore rejoice over every citizen, whether from Hamburg, Bremen, or Lübeck, who goes forth with this large outlook and seeks new points where we can drive in the nail on which to hang our armor. Therefore, I believe that I express the feeling of all your hearts when I recognize gratefully that the director of this company who has placed at our disposal the wonderful ship which bears my daughter's name has gone forth as a courageous servant of the Hansa, in order to make for us friendly conquests whose fruits will be gathered by our descendants!"

As he finished his speech, the noble crowd erupted in cheers. As in reality, the ones loyal to him cheered for him while the rest including us, only clapped as a formality. I glanced at Victoria who was frowning very heavily at the statement of her father as J subconsciously grabbed Victoria's hands and squeezed it. Which snapped Victoria out of it and looked at me.

I blushed a bit as I apologized and was about to remove my hand but Victoria grabbed it even harder and thanked me as she escorted me to her room along with her friends to have talks that only girls do which made my life even harder as she accepted her fate and went with Victoria.

After hours passed and the banquet was almost over. I was called by my fathers attendant to finally go home as I smiled at victories who give a sad look that she might not see me again but I said 

"Do not worry, I had a lot of fun. And I hope we can meet each other often. You're welcome to visit us, as I'll show you many things that I've made and drawn. Plus I can teach you to draw if you like?"

Victoria cheered up and said in a happy tone "Really!? Then call me Victoria when we're alone since being a princess is sometimes a huge burden on me. And I would love to learn to draw. Thank you Victoria and we may see each other again once I convince my father to visit you often." She smiled

To which I nodded and promised to greet her anytime and help her in anything. So I stood up and hugged Victoria to say goodbye to her last time before going to my mothers side and waiting to leave.

 She glanced up and saw her fathers and mothers old expression of anger and frustration as they boarded the car and knew that Wilhelm IK was serious on his endeavor and warmongering which terrified my parents and my future and my siblings future as well. Hence my father plan the German army as prepared as possible. While my mother plans to discuss germanies industrial capacity with other noblewomen and how to further improve it.

I guess my parents tried to convince Wilhelm II along with the best of the nobles but failed huh. I hope Victoria can help me as we only have 13 years before war inevitably descends upon Europe and the German empire will be weakened and it wi be even more hard to enact changes once that happens

And I can't let that happen. So I hope I can make it in time to improve the military once I make it there.

After the banquet, the months passed, and Victoria frequently visited me and enjoyed being with me as she felt so alive and happy and didn't feel burdened as I treat her as a friend or now best friend as she improved in painting as well as knowing things that a noble wouldn't know as I also said to Victoria to help me to improve the German army in the future and to help me further my career to enter in the military to which Victoria protested for awhile, but gave in and promised she'll give me her full support.

She also tried to persuade his father to not upset the relationship between the British empire and the Russian empire. But her father wouldn't budge. Hence she will form a secret society as I've advised her when she's older to help Germany in the shadows. some sort of like a secret society like the illuminati if you will. But more different.

So the next best thing is to improve the military as she will help me get there as fast as humanly possible. It will require me to study like hell. But it would be worth it in the long run as my age maybe a disadvantage, but my knowledge, influence, and Future insight of things to come might change everything. 

The only issue now is how to delay the powder keg that is the serbians from erupting as I know they're plans are already set in motion very soon. To which Austria-Hungary is fucked no matter how I see it. But I can maybe seduce Victoria…but that will be too scum of me and I might remove her future husband in the picture..so I guess we will stay best of friends.

I didn't realize how wrong I am and how Victoria's life changed because of me and I might have bitten more than I can chew…as Victoria has gotten clingy over the months and years has passed and hope it doesn't escalate to becoming a yandere princess. She shuddered to think about it. For now let's focus on my studies for now and apply for a scholarship as early as possible.

Princess Victoria Louise

Princess Victoria Louise in 1908

Hi your new friendly author here, chapter 4 might be delayed due to plans for to time skip to not bore you guys in some parts. And to show how the world is now by starting to showcase the British empire first and then going to the french, Russian and so forth. I might do this in 3 chapters. But I might do it in 2 if all my idea goes to plan it goes kaput. And I can accept any suggestion in the comments for other places you want to see changed possibly like for example Jazz music being more popular now as it is in 1930. Or Trotsky taking over something like that. 

Keep in mind though that I won't take your suggestions fully as I'll consider it.

Anyways thanks for supporting me thus far and hope I can grow this novel more and update is as soon as possible 

Erika Out! And signing off to write chapters like a slave driver lol

134