Chapter 6 Misunderstood Genius
3.5k 13 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Königsburg Castle Estate, East Prussia 


May 15th, 1906


[Erika's POV] (Time Skip 5 Years)

I never understood how life was fleeting the moment I saw both of my parents died comfortably in their final years as I also shed tears from their passing as they've have been a great role model at least for me who is reincarnated and to the current Erika now who is labeled a Genius of the Königsburg family line. It burdened her a lot but it also strengthen her resolve to push forward and the wish of her parents to see her be happy as they were finally laid to rest in a newly built mausoleum near the castle estate.

I watched along with Princess Victoria at my side who comforted me who now became my best friend as I wept and shouted that it was not fair. I knew it was childish, but both of them gave me all of their attention and love in their final years which changed me greatly. And for that I will carry that memory forever in my heart.

For the past 5 years, I have not been idle, just procrastinating and doing nothing. I have studied hard and learned as much as possible from my mother and father along with my siblings who right now can't take care of me now due to their duties and 2 of my brothers are getting married.

Which leaves me alone along with the caretaker who took care of me since I was a baby. And for the past 5 years she studied Nobility etiquette, World History, Military Strategies that her father himself taught her, and learning medical techniques that her mother has shown her as she was a nurse in the army before retiring.

My extensive knowledge and wisdom shoved even the servants and caretakers since the house of Königsburg future is now secured thanks to me which baffled her as this was normal back in her modern time as logically all of the children in Germany had to study hard and work hard in order to be a functioning member of society.

For me, I had to work twice as much since I was a foreigner and was mocked for my heritage. But overtime, they respected me and eventually called me as one of their own even though I have a Filipino mix of blood within me during those times.

And after 5 grueling years, it was worth it as I was given a chance to showcase my extensive knowledge at elementary school and graduated in 1906 with honors and was granted scholarship which granted her access to High school entry which shocked the German empires people as Germany has one of it's few moments where a genius was born and Wilhelm II even used it as a propaganda piece which upsetted me for awhile but I got over it since Wilhelm II is indirectly helping me by using me as a propaganda piece.

Little did I know how exaggerated the propaganda were as she got into high school and almost all of the students bow to her in respect, even someone of equal nobility rank to her also respected her. Which helped her cause as she firmly established herself as a benevolent and smart woman who can change Germany for the better in the future.

And that brings us back here today in 1906 where she got the news that her father was asking for her and immediately rushed home and looked at her father bedridden and was so tired but smiled at me as I couldn't handle losing a loved one that cared for me for so long.

"My little angel…don't worry, daddy is just tired…"

I just kneeled down beside him as I let my tears fall along with my other siblings who were also trying not to cry as my father weakly patted my head and said his final words to me and my siblings. 

"Be well my children…I love you all with all my heart…and Erika, I hope you don't change…and help the German people….ahhh my dear wife….how long have I missed you…" With that, his eyes slowly closed and didn't open again.

In father's will, he requested to be buried along with my mother in the mausoleum of our family as my father left me and now all I have is my siblings now and Several of my best friends at tow which alleviate her sadness and depression a bit.

I was rather surprised though that in the will, my father left me his entire gun collection along with named associates that he knew in the army that I could keep touch off and make connections with. Along with my mother's will stating she left another estate from her family's side in Erika's name which surprised her but thanked her parents and promised to do her best in studies.

Right now all I need to plan is to hopefully graduate highschool early as possible and enter the prussian military academy and finish my studies there to be able to get an officer rank and lead an army for myself in the far future as I know this peace isn't going to last, hence well be prepared for it in the coming future.

[Victoria Louise POV]

I was surprised that Erika understood me so well and we quickly became best friends ever since that fateful banquet meeting. I have enjoyed the presence of Erika a lot and always chatted together to either have fun or make fun of my oldest brother who is the crowned prince 

For the past 5 years I've been secretly also helping Erika in the shadows as a avid supporter for her as I used even my authority to fast track Erika's graduation in elementary school and enter highschool and hopefully the Prussian military academy where she'll graduate in the coming future and get an officer rank. With her interference of course.

 Later on, I have become slightly obsessed with Erika lately ever since I found out her secret which makes Erika a marriage candidate which made me happy. But realized her father wouldn't approve. But that wouldn't stop her from getting close to Erika whenever I have spare time since I'm still the princess of the German empire and she must do her duties first.

But I have promised myself to help Erika to get where she is as soon as possible as I knew this war would cost us the future of Germany and many unnecessary deaths and a waste of resources. To even fathom such a defeat, even Victoria was scared of the results.

Hence I will prepare her to join the army and from there, it is up to her to prove himself that she is capable even at a young age to change the outcome, even for a bit, in this war that will inevitably happen. And I will be there supporting her in every step of the way.

[3rd Person POV]

For the past 5 years ever since the banquet, and ever since Willhelm II took the throne, he has been amassing and modernizing some of the army but wilhelms Focus was the navy. In his mind, he wanted to compete Britain naval wise as he had ordered 3 more battleships,10 heavy cruisers, 27 destroyers and 15 light cruises to the already large naval flotilla.

Which was insane considering the army was lacking budget wise and some of the advisors even advised to increase the military spending the army had but only agreed to increase it by a marginal margin.

Which further upsetted the Wehrmacht. Continued on to the fact that the Kaiser was still on a recruitment drive and the Kaiser wanted at least 2 million men and women by 1910 which was not impossible, but it will push out coffers a bit long term which upsetted the capitalists and investors.

Fortunately for Willhelm II, he had some competent advisors and managed to calm them down. But that didn't stop from him getting more unpopular with the Wehrmacht as some of the general officers were adamant to keep overall command and the Kaiser be only the figurehead which didn't seat right with Wilhelm II but relented as he was facing the most influential and politically involved general officers at this time. 

Tensions rose a lot after the russo-japanese war, where the japanese were victorious as the Russian pacific navy was destroyed completely which put the Russian empire as now in a weak spot, most of the countries in Europe see the Russians Baltic and black sea navy a joke since another power in the Pacific beat them naval wise and land wise.

Both sides suffered heavy casualties, but overall it was the victory of the Japanese as Nicholas II was forced to abandon his ambitions in the east.

For the Austra Hungarians, protests have been mounting in the doors of the Monarchy as serbians have now gained a new calling, a new cause to unite all slavs in their area, to which didn't seat well with Franz Joseph I who didn't liked to give more to the serbians demands and instead, ordered more crackdowns and ensured that this types of riots will be suppressed in the future.

But Franz Joseph fate was already sealed long ago as the organization names "Black Hand" that originated from america has now began to spread into Europe, and for their next plan is to assassinate Franz Joseph at the appropriate time and place and hopefully sew chaos in Europe enough for them to take hold and spread to different parts of Europe and solidify their influence.

Meanwhile, Erika was planning to establish a secret society known as the Germania Imperium Society where members would join and explore avenues on how to improve Germany economically, militarily, and internationally. In just a short few weeks, the GIS had gained around a thousand members with Erika being the leader of it as it gained somewhat of a cult following behind Erika. Not known to Erika, her Secret society had now evolved to a cult where from the rich to the poor are welcome to join as it benefited all of them as Erika's mock reforms and policies as she acted as the empress in a mock diplomacy game that Erika herself invented attracted even the teachers and some of the officers in the Wehrmacht.

It elevated the status of Erika further as Wilhelm II proclaimed Erika as the gift of god to the German Empire and its citizens. Which is over bloated and ridiculous as Erika out it, but Erika's reputation soured after that and as of 1910 in the far future, her secret society has already 40,000 members alone in the entirety of the German empire. 

Erika's motivation and drive and ambition to improve Germany via mock diplomacy games has even an effect in the Reichstag where one reform known at the agricultural reform was suggested and shockingly passed and credited by her as one politician joined in one of the diplomacy games that Erika made and took a liking to the agricultural reform idea she had devised.

The reform states in hindsight that more farms will be made, along with improving farming techniques such as building new tractors and the food prices will be regulated by the Department of Agriculture where they'll said their own people to regulate such prices and give more jobs to the working class and commoners alike.

Which further improved Erika's standing within the German empire. It didn't help that Victoria was also fueling the myth as one time the crown prince negatively called Erika a hypocrite and a weak woman as Victoria slapped her brother and walked away without needing to explain to her brother. 

 Which only field the unpopularity of the crowned prince along with Wilhelm II as most of the nobles see them as "Unfit" for the crown as Kaiser Wilhelm II only improved the Military and navy side of things as the civilian side was left neglected for awhile which upsetted some of the civilian politicians who want more reforms for their side. It was only thanks to Erika's suggestion that it even passed the Reichstag since the nobles even supported it as Erika was popular and had the title of Genius and Saintess of the German Empire even though she wasn't recognized by the church as one.

Slowly but surely, Erika is gaining a foothold within the German empire, albeit shaky but her path is now clear to her thanks to her friends and her decisions to push forward and hopefully change the outcome of the war sooner than later. She would also try to at least head to Sarajevo to try and stop the assassination from happening at least to her knowledge that's how it went.

She didn't know where the assassination would happen specifically, it's just where she knew she was assassinated from. Hence why she hoped Franz Ferdinand wouldn't go to Sarajevo. But that was just wishful thinking as she knew she can't stop that from happening.

She will prepare herself once and maybe she could try predicting as she knew people in this time were pretty religious and believed in the predictions often. But she dashed that idea down as she didn't know all of the incidents that happened in Europe. Only a few major and minor ones that mattered and he studied for it before he got reincarnated which wouldn't help him for now and just continued her studies and solidify her Secret society future that she established. And hopefully gain the attention of the Wehrmacht and the general offiziers and ultimately gain their support. Which would help her cause and the future of the German Reich.

God this is awkward. I'll try to flesh out Victoria's Louise's character in the future and (also I need to clarify this is a German wank novel so do keep in mind on that one) since I feel sinces generic support character. I'll have to remind myself to do that in the future. And yes I did make Erika some sort of a Cult of Personality in Germany heh and I quite like dissing the Kaiser and hopefully after the great war has passed, Erika's Society will greatly gain popularity in the future..but who knows. And for the war parts, don't worry as they'll be quite long and not short which I'll detail the battles at least and not some generic oh they won or something like that. No promises though >.< Anyways take care guys as chapter 7 will be again delayed probably for a day or 2 or maybe 3 days or maybe I'll post it sooner than you might think XD merry Christmas you awesome people and love you all Erika Signing off

96