Chapter 11 Tensions and Deals
2.8k 41 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paris, France

The Élysée Palace of the President

July 3rd, 1908

[Georges Clemenceau POV]

I looked at the map vehemently as I calculated many times in my head and the only conclusion I can come up with is that the German Empire intends to wage war. I was troubled as the French army may be prepared, but we lack the necessary equipment to field such a large army. 

The only way we can meet the equipment deficit is by either asking the British for help, or dedicate about 5% of our GDP in making weapons and artillery alone to make up for the deficit.

Just as I was about to rub my temples at this conundrum, a knock came at my door and I answered with a heavy voice "Come in."

Jean Matter, his private secretary and friend for almost 30 years has greeted him by saying "Bonjour, Prime Minister. How is your day?" Jean inquired, clearly interested in what got his friend so riled up and annoyed.

I scoffed a bit as I replied with a rough tone "I'd say, it's going bad today as the Germans are rearming like crazy. They're preparing for war, and for what? It is already a peaceful time. What more could the madman want?" I said, clearly pissed at this whole thing.

Jean agreed on that as he too thinks the Germans are mad in waging war in Europe when we can easily crush them now. It's not like in the time of Napoleon III. 

Artillery, weapons, and other means are evolving ever slowly. But the question remains "when will the Germans attack I wonder?" Jean thought to himself out loud.

I also wonder when they will attack, but looking at Austria-Hungary's stability, I'd say most likely soon. Which doesn't bode well for the future of France. "How prepared our army is right now jean?" I said, inquiring on the situation on the french armies numbers and equipment.

"From what I can gather, the army is well prepared. We just need time to arm all of our soldiers along moving our secret project called the tank to be secretly moved. Once the Germans invade, we will show them the might of the French army and they will know defeat." Jean said proudly, as I smiled in tow as I also spoke on another topic.

"Are the Italians onboard as well?" I also inquired

"Yes They are. They will move on Austria Hungary once the war does begin. We just hope we can predict when since the Kaiser right now is unpredictable and a warmonger." he said, as he believed the propaganda that the french propaganda department has been spilling out. 

"It wouldn't surprise me at all. The Germans would be crazy to attack Belgium and circle around us since they wouldn't want to have the British bearing down on them in the atlantic." I said, clearly annoyed at Germany's stance along with Austria-Hungary. 

"We must not let the Germans roll over us. So I'm increasing our army size by an additional 300,000 along with 450,000 reservists."

Jean was shocked and said "Are you sure that's wise Prime Minister? It would further strain our logistics at this point since right now we are focusing on our industrial sector to stabilize our economy." 

"Yes it will be enough, since we have enough money to make from the colonies we have. Plus I'm sure the British are in the same mindset as us as I've heard from reports that they're increasing their naval spending." I said, while grabbing a cigar and lighting it before saying these words that might be a prediction or just a gut feeling for me at least. "If they do enter Belgium, then may God help us all as our young men and women we will be sending to their deaths…" As I puffed a smoke whole looking out the window with a neutral expression.

What I didn't know is how bad will this war go and it will cost a lot of our younger generation and we will all suffer from this and I can only partly blame myself for this. -Georges Clemenceau's Memoir in 1920 just after his attempted assassination.


Topkapı Palace, Istanbul, Ottoman Empire

July 17th, 1908

[Abdul Hamid II POV]

A certain Noblewoman who Is a young child personally visited me with an interesting proposal. A proposal that even baffled even me as she wanted to buy either the territory that we have or just the land on it which I find it interesting as my advisors were also shocked on how rich this young child is as she sat confidently in front of me as my reputation was somewhat infamous in Europe for my ways of governing. I spoke in a curious manner "Care to introduce yourself to us young noble of the German empire?"  I said

Erika nodded as she bowed down as per Islam culture and greeted the Sultan "You're imperial Majesty, my name is Erika Victoria, the rumored Saintess and a Marquess. I am here to propose a deal that might fill your coffers. I am looking to buy Tripolitania and the Dodecanese Islands off from you. That's all I'm asking."

Hearing the proposal, the Advisors were shocked and erupted into anger, saying that a German noble doesn't respect the territory that the ottoman empire owns and must be punished according to the ottoman customs. But Erika was unwavering as she didn't blink as she only looked at me. Her gaze of absolute confidence and unwavering dedication made me raise my hand to stop my advisors and stood up from my seat as I looked at Erika, who was still kneeling. Which impressed Abdul as she respected their culture in many ways and replied

"And what if I don't sell it, what will you do Marquess Erika?" I said, clearly testing the waters and see where this is going.

"I would just buy the land and invest in your industrialization as I know your empire is called the 'Sick man' of Europe and it is for a reason. Hence , I am offering you a way to industrialize and fund your under equipped army." Erika said, clearly unperturbed at the anger of the ottoman advisors besides Abdul that they are nicknamed the 'Sick man' of Europe as I pondered for a while before answering.

"Your Proposal is tempting, but I cannot exactly agree to the terms of us selling Tripolatania. But the Dodecanese islands..we can sell it under your name. Is that ok with you Marquess Erika?"

Erika nodded slightly as she asked another question "what about Tripolatania?" She inquired again

"You may choose the land you wish to buy and it will be given to you. I do hope that you're sincere with your proposal since we badly need it." I muttered quietly just for Erika to hear and she nodded as she said "I will promise that you'll at least fully arm your army in the next few years as our Kaiser is a bit…unreasonable at this moment"

I chuckled as I said "Indeed. Nevertheless, you are welcome as a friend to us ottomans forever. "Asalamu alaykum" (Peace be upon you) I said

And Erika responded with the same words "Asalamu alaykum as well." 

After that fateful meeting, Erika and Abdul further discussed things that weren't revealed much to the advisors of the ottomans. But in conclusion, both sides have reached their desired proposals.

The Istanbul Proposal as it was named and the following terms are

  • The Ottoman Empire will sell the Dodecanese Islands to a Noble named Erika Victoria for $2,500,000 million dollars (10,192,829 RM)

  • The Libyan lands will be also sold to Erika Victoria in these locations and be given the right to build, and station soldiers if need be under ottoman soil.

  • The Ottomans will also provide a light garrison for the Dodecanese islands and German owned lands inside Tripolitania.

In exchange the Marquess Erika Victoria the Saintess of the German Empire will provide 

  • 60,000,000 RM to the Ottoman Empire with full pay

  • Erika Victoria will invest in the Ottoman Industrialization with an additional 6,000,000 RM

  • And Lastly, Marquess Erika Victoria will provide assistant in improving the Ottoman Army by Abdul Officially Joining the Secret Society.

This proposal was made in secret and only a few people knew of this document ever existing. It was only in the year 2009 where a document was resurfaced for the world to see when it was accidentally discovered in one of Abdul's secret compartments inside his home. Historians even debated if the Document was real, but with the Seal of Marquess Erika at the time and the Symbol of the Secret Society, it was no denying that this was real and many wonder if Erika was a prophet who predicted everything and led Germany to greatness as it is today.

[3rd Person POV]

After Erika visited the Ottoman Empire and stayed for a few weeks to appreciate the culture and the ways of the Islam, Erika moved to Saudi Arabia to meet an elusive man named Ibn Saud and negotiate between him and the Ottoman Empire's Sultan Abdul Hamid.

And after tense deliberations, arguments, and debates, both sides finally agreed to cease hostilities and declare Ibn Saud Eumda (Mayor) of the entire Saudi Arabian land in exchange for Marquess Erika Victoria and her family to have the rights to mine and extract any minerals within the lands.

Although Ibn Saud and Abdul Hamid have bad blood, they're willing to cooperate and help each other if they respect their natural borders and their rights. To which Abdul Hamid grudgingly agreed since Erika was there to oversee the negotiations. And Abdul really needed the investment that Erika had offered in the proposal.

After that, Erika has ordered the Society to first build establishments and defensive structures just in case of rebellions and insurrectionists. When in reality, Erika was building more than that to fortify said places in case the Entente chose to target these locations and garrison them with their own Troops out of their own pocket as they can't exactly use the German Army for garrison purposes.

After all the preparations and and plans were in place, Erika returned home for now to rest as she will be very busy this year as she has to visit Romania next and lastly invent Anti Personnel mines and anti tank mines as well for the french tanks that will appear in the great war.

Erika however didn't know how bad she had changed the future of the ottoman empire and Saudi Arabia itself along with how pissed the italians were at Erika or at least in the italians eyes the German empire owning land in Tripolitania and the Dodecanese islands.

From what it could lead, only time will tell as tensions are slowly rising by the year and the Black Hand are steadily provoking the Austrian monarchy more and more. To which it will cascade into a great war that no nation had ever seen nor faced. 





Sorry for the delay as I had a sprain in my right foot and couldn't concentrate in writing. But I managed to make a chapter I hope it isn't too bad of a quality.


And for those who are wondering when will Erika address her gender issue, I'll settle it when she's 13. Which is pretty soon, if the flow of the story goes to plan. I apologize if this chapter is kinda short XD but I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year.


Ill also do a interlude very soon on Hitler's life and Erika's daily life so look forward to that. Anyways, this is Erika Signing off! Love ya all!


93