Interlude 1: Letters Of The Resistance
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Ms. Hannah Von Drakard,

We have received your letter of intent to join our organization to fight and resist the vile Earthlings of the United Nations. The invaders have not intercepted it, not that those weaklings would find out what the great Alterian people are doing under their noses.

We recognize the Drakard Clan's honorable place in our kingdom as the rulers of Astar Province. While your father has forsaken the kingdom in favor of collaborating with the vile invaders, which has greatly disappointed us, it seems that he is but one man of his clan and that many members of your house are firmly on the side of the Alterian people.

This is just right in time for a great offensive down south that we are planning. We shall spread the embers of our rightful resistance to the so-called "Low-Risk Areas" and show those flimsy humans that no matter where they are, they are in danger. No matter where they are in Alterian, nay, ESUVIAN soil, we shall make it known that death will follow them.

We have vanquished tens of thousands of these aliens, and we will make more of them bleed down south. We have been informed that you already took the initiative and formed your own force. While we would like to accept you to the resistance fully, know that the patriarch of your house is a traitor, and we cannot fully trust you yet.

As such, on the day of the offensive, as a test of your loyalty, we have prepared a task for you and your forces. The humans hold a town they deem insignificant and have treated it as such. They are wrong.

And you will make them bleed for their mistake. Long Live the King!

May our Kingdom Endure,
The Resistance

---

The Resistance of Alteria has fought and bled for three years since their beloved Kingdom collapsed in the face of the unstoppable blitzkrieg of the United Nations Defence Forces.

Yet, even as advanced tanks that they had no chance against stormed the dense capital of their great kingdom, the spirit of the Alterian people remained unbroken. Unlike their Lethian counterparts, Alterians did not put down their weapons.

Before the invasion, Alteria had been divided between its old aristocracy and a budding revolutionary middle class. Still, now, both sides stand united in the face of an interstellar federation that dared to not just intervene in their world but conquer it completely.

Free men, business people, soldiers, writers, poets, bureaucrats, workers, and many more people of the common Alterian people stand side by side with their old masters to resist the war machine of Earth. And now, Earth pays thousands of lives and trillions of money to keep Alteria in their hands.

And they shall ensure that Earth will keep paying.

1