Chapter 69: An Unjust Reason, Part III
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saya and Kwazhak entered an alley where an abandoned food vendor stall sadly stood at the entrance. Passing under the metal arch, she noticed that the stove still emitted warmth, and the vegetables fresh. The unlit roji had barely any light, except for the rusted lamps that hung in pairs on every building. What appeared to be a gathering, a couple people were huddled around a saharic flame. When Saya could make out their faces, she recognized Suruj and Tsuchiya, while the rest of them were new faces.

“I apologize for the delay,” Kwazhak announced, as the others turned towards the two. Suruj stepped forward.

“You’re here? That means…”

“I killed Jose.”

“You bastard-” Suruj grabbed him by his hanfu, in which a papyrus envelope fell out from it. But Suruj paid no mind to it, his face drooping. “I told him that we would get out of here…”

“...” Kwazhak let his words seep into the air, while he bent down to pick up the letter as soon as Saya eyed it.

“Okay okay, how about we all keep the atmosphere composed,” Tsuchiya tried to deëscalate the situation. “Mr. Zundui, could you please introduce us to these people?”

“That’s not necessary, sir spokesman,” A woman interrupted, throwing her arm out, “I’m sure this muqatil very much remembers.”

“Thou art, the daughter of the oyaji?” Kwazhak asked, after seemingly recognizing her.

“Right. My oyaji ended up in jail. I’m only fighting for this cause in order to prevent matars like you in the future from getting killed,” She showed the branded ‘L’ on her arm, as well as the few others behind her.

“The Rebellion? Thou art assisting us?”

“If they’re willing to help, then I’m all for it,” Tsuchiya chimed in. “And this is the muqatil Ms. Izdaha, correct?”

“Yeah, but what’s going on?” She didn’t know how to respond to everyone.

“A gathering to end the Dineh Kazaàd, sorry for keeping one out of this matter for so long…” Kwazhak explained briefly, “And I extend my apologies to Suruj.”

“I lost my temper, so no need to apologize…”

With so many people, Saya learned about how everyone came together. Tsuchiya and Kwazhak, Karam and Suruj. While everyone spent their time making connections, felt she wasted hers. Afterall, Saya wanted to help too.

What they wanted was a surefire plan. Suruj took what he learned from the past. In every single scheme, from L’s fight with Thiệu, Kwazhak’s buggy hijack, and his own destruction of the barrier, all of them lacked solid fall-back scenarios which resulted in their failures. No future predictions of possible variables, although L’s was more thought out. Everything had to be accounted for, even the slightest possibilities.

The three districts of the lumiose city. The front gate was located with Kapori-ku, while Taikai-ku held the south gate. Either one of them had a heavy presence of Tasdahan troops, while the less guarded Pupunru-ku gate was left with minimal security. However Pupunru-ku was not the escape gate.

Karam al-Murata, apparently had seen the broadcasts of the outside world, and managed to share the information with others. This would bring new assets to the table.

“First, we need to create a diversion to deter the soldiers,” Suruj emphasized, while Kwazhak created a map on the wall. “In the event that we are inside the Tengerleg Stadium, someone needs to manipulate the Al-Fuhsya Turbine. Karam.”

“My dad taught me a bit of how to operate the power grid.”

“Great. We’ll have two goals inside. One, to destroy the barrier once again. Or two, shut down the power to the stadium, deactivating the barrier and security measures,” Suruj proposed, quickly deciding.

“I believe I’ve already informed you on guard rotations and shifts inside the stadium,” Tsuchiya backed him up.

Saya stepped forward, “Uh… If you want I have written down the power grid when we stopped over there.”

“Really? Thanks, I’ll remember that,” Karam swiped it from her hand.

“Karam, was it?” Kwazhak added, “The road to a gate will be arduous. Are you capable of guiding the way towards the gate?”

“Which gate? Pupunru?”

“No, it can’t be Pupunru-ku,” Suruj argued, gesturing towards the map on the wall. “The Tasdahan garrison is probably aware of the weak gate, and most likely has an emergency line set up. We need to go either south or north.”

“These folks behind me can create a small protest outside one of the gates, but it won’t last. If we want to divert more soldiers to one side, more people are needed,” Karam responded, referring to the others.

Since they needed a big enough diversion, Karam requested two days to convert and group more people to The Rebellion in the city. Suruj and Kwazhak planned it to be carried out at around two days after.

The discussion went on into the night, often trying to find plausible solutions and one with fewer holes. But everything had one thing in common, something that Saya couldn’t understand.

“What is this?...” She asked for the first time since they acknowledged her. Kwazhak and Suruj stopped talking. “By the time this plan is in effect, only one of us will be left alive…”

“Don’t fret. I intend to convince Ms. Toya to assure thy safety.”

“But what about you? An escape is meaningless if only one of us gets out!”

“Saya. There is no way to speed up the process.”

“Then let me help then!” She yelled so quickly that Suruj flinched. “I can help too, you know?...”

Tsuchiya collapsed to the floor, falling to a knee. His breath became erratic, his eyes sharp. Kwazhak bent a knee and checked on him.

“Tsuchiya?”

“My family… Is being arrested right now,” He held his chest as Kwazhak put his arm over him.

“Suruj, take Saya into account,” Kwazhak ordered, as he helped the spokesman up. “Tsuchiya is our lifeline. If he’s in a compromised position, then everything will be swept by the sand,” He and Tsuchiya hurriedly ran off, disappearing into the thick of the night. The others dumbfounded by it, even if it was strange enough that a member of the association that held the muqatil captive collaborated with them.

“Suruj,” Saya said with an earnest eyes, “Tell Kwazhak that I will get Ayai Toya’s help instead.”

0