Chapter 74: The Crown Prince, Part II
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saya and Suruj were sitting cross-legged while the Crown Prince observed their prostration. From the looks of it, the man was related to Kwazhak, a sibling. However Saya noticed that Zhenbyoung had his own differences.

“If I may ask one thing, Your Royal Highness,” Suruj got to his feet, addressing him sincerely, “How and why did you come here?”

Saya could tell what he was thinking. If Zhenbyoung had the ability to come to Tasdaha, then he could’ve helped them escape or even abolish the tournament. However, she felt sadder when the Crown Prince only came to Tasdaha shortly after Kwazhak’s passing.

Zhenbyoung held up three fingers. “Three matters have affected my arrival on this land. Kwazhak had not bothered to communicate with the Laoyuang House from his endeavors in Wakoku for three months, so we decided to investigate. Upon landing in Wakoku, we managed to pick up an Azu elder and girl who knew of his whereabouts. That is one.”

Those two people were Kyukko and Hosyi. The Al-Wa boat left them stranded at port, so Saya didn’t know about what happened. She was relieved after knowing that her Obaa was safe. However, doubts ruminated in her mind of why she supported Saya joining the tournament.

“Kwazhak was a hostage of Al-Wa. Therefore I gathered a Z̆ongren fleet sailing to Port Eshnuk. However great droughts plagued the ocean, the seamounts of the deep sinking a few junk. That is two.”

Both Saya and Suruj stayed silent, listening to his description of the voyage.

“Three, when we finally made it to port, we intercepted a messenger vessel to As-Z̆onghu̐a, addressed to the House containing two bodies; a Khoitan and one of our own servants, Yeow Khouw, along with a letter,” Zhenbyoung held the paper it up. “As of late my men are stuck in Port Eshnuk due to the closed border situation, so I snuck ahead alone where I stand now.”

To the Tasdahan government, the Crown Prince would be an illegal alien. But he was here, investigating the death of his younger brother. Saya stepped forward.

“Al-Wa is the company that brought us here. But this ‘KWKK’ is the one controlling the Dineh Kazaàd. The KWKK forced us to fight and kill each other…”

“Worry not, I am already aware of Al-Wa through the telegrams Kwazhak sent me. Although this ‘KWKK’…” He curled up his left fist. “In the name of the Laoyuangs, I will bring them justice.”

“Does that mean you’ll help us?” Suruj got on his knees, pleading. But the Crown Prince made him stand. His eyes were fierce, as he gave his response.

“Help is on the way. I shall lay siege to this preposterous tournament as soon as my men can set foot upon Dineh lands.”

“‘As soon as your men can’...” Saya repeated those words while raising her voice. “We need to get out of here right away! We need help now....”

“I’m sorry. The Tasdahan garrison is prowling this city looking for a fugitive, which I’m afraid it is I,” He glanced away for a moment, knowing the weight of his reply. The soldiers that they saw sorting through the crowd were not looking for the muqatil.

“Sir muqatil! Eh? The Prince of-” The woman that was there during the meeting, Karam came running towards them. Zhenbyoung subdued her, thinking she was a threat, only to release her at Suruj’s call. “People from the Rebellion are being taken into custody!”

“What?”

“If thou hast a ploy, enact it with haste,” The Crown Prince recommended, reading the air. “Lest wait too long for my unit to clash with the KWKK.”

“...”

Zhenbyoung’s forces were imminent to enter Tasdaha. Collaborators were being arrested. It was as if the Yyvubia sought to worsen their suffering, having delay after delay. She thought her new faith would perhaps turn everything around, to honor Mouka’s death. If they all died, then everyone’s death would be in vain.

“Saya, here’s the deal.”

“Huh?...”

“I want you to bring Ayai Toya to the Rebellion. No matter what, she is our fallback if nothing works out. In the last round of the major, together we’ll destroy the barrier while some protesters stir up trouble in the Taikai gate,” Suruj stared at the ground. Saya lifted her head.

“Together?”

“Yeah, both of us will. But if things go south at that moment… I-”

“Don’t even think about that,” She shook her head, the tension easing for a second. “Mouka would be proud.”

“Mouka…” He scratched his head, unable to comment.

Karam raised her hand, “So, tomorrow I’ll try to get into Al-Fuhsya. I wonder why the garrison is too active right now.”

Saya remembered Zhenbyoung holding the letter that Kwazhak had. Curious about the contents, she turned her head to where he stood, but no one was there. The Crown Prince disappeared unseen, not a trace to be found. Holding her wrist, her consciousness was already fried.

For now, she needed to focus on her role. But even among the events that unfolded today, it would do nothing to cover the bellowing sands below. Kwazhak and L were friends, and to her they were very much alike.

0