Chapter 251: Hard to Get
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Master Heraklinos.” Hammond smiled as he sat at his desk within the oval office of the White House, “I hope I haven’t caught you at a bad time.”

“A bad time?” Jarek smirked, “President Hammond, we live in bad times.”

Hammond nodded, “Indeed. And yet I am afraid my call here today only confirms the sign of our times.”

Jarek furrowed his brow, “Your call is unexpected. I can only assume such a call would bring bad news along with it.” Jarek sighed and then steeled himself, “Okay, let’s hear it.”

“The United States hereby recuses itself from the alliance with the Heraklinos Empire. We no longer support your actions by way of word or resources, and we officially denounce your resistance against the BloodStar Empire.”

Jarek smirked once again, “So Xenia has finally gotten to you has she?”

Hammond began to respond; however, Jarek cut him off, “You may not have the strength of a ki master, but you are not a weak nation Hammond. Master families have for centuries defended your nation not only because you have a wealth of natural resources but also because the American people have the uncanny ability to take those resources and use them as the fuel for an economic powerhouse. We Masters aren’t fools. We aren’t keen to take over your land, throw a wrench in the economic engine you’ve created, and watch the world suffer for it. Your nation has single-handedly advanced the standard of living around the world. You may not have power, but you have ingenuity and creativity. The American drive to create and prosper is a golden goose. Don’t let Xenia cull the goose just so she can have her eggs in the short term.”

“That is quite the analogy Jarek. I do say I rather like it in fact; however, let me give you my own perspective. If the American people are the golden goose, then we have a very hungry crocodile living in our pond ready to eat us, or have you forgotten that the Holy Light Empire – a BloodStar state – is our neighbor!” Hammond shook his head, “The American people have creativity and ingenuity as you say; however, another of our uncanny abilities is survival. I am the President of the United States, I am the Commander in Chief. This isn’t an ethically or morally driven decision Jarek, it is a decision based on the survival of my people. And should you win the war, you may do as you please to us for turning our back on you.” Hammond then let out a long sigh as he leaned back into the plush leather of his seat.

Jarek paused as both men let the silence pass for a few moments. He then nodded, “Very well, Hammond. I won’t fault you after the dust settles.”

Then an off-screen clap began, and Jarek narrowed his eyes as a woman came into view, “Good fucking God. Should I send Hammond through a void portal, so you two can suck each other’s cocks now? What a disgusting display of respect.”

Xenia flipped her hair and sat sideway on the desk with one cheek on the desk and the other leg stabilizing her on the floor. She then looked at Jarek, “Mmm. Hello Daddy.”

Jarek shook his head and scoffed with a smile on his face, “I knew it. I knew it. Why play these games, Xenia? Have you not hurt enough people?”

“Oh my, a two-part question. Let’s see, why do I play these games?” She shot Jarek a devilish smile, “Why does anyone play games? For fun. I enjoy it. I’m good at it. Though I must say, I wish I had more competition. I wish someone would give me the thrill of near defeat. I’ve experienced it before when I was weaker, and I quite crave it again. Are you going to thrill me, Jarek?”

Xenia laughed as Jarek faced her and Hammond without response gritting his teeth in frustration.

“And part two. Have I hurt enough people? Well gosh, Jarek. You make it sound like I’m a heartless bitch. I’ve only ever hurt those who deserved it. You know, just humans. We all deserve it. We are vile, blood-thirsty creatures. We enjoy being hurt.”

Xenia then stuck her tongue out and slowly ran her sharp fingernail down the top surface of her tongue cutting it along the path of her fingernail. She then pulled her tongue back inside her mouth and moaned at the taste of her own blood.

“The United States and all of her resources are mine, Jarek.” Xenia raised her eyebrows and smiled, “Does this make you wanna come and hurt me?”

Jarek thought to himself how much he would love to physically hurt and even kill Xenia; however, he summoned the discipline to not directly respond to her question as he knew she intended to engage in sexual verbal foreplay rather than having an earnest discussion.

He instead ignored her direct question, “Yes, well, enjoy flying the BloodStar banner over the United States while you can. I foresee it being a quite transient endeavor. The future of our world will be decided when we meet face-to-face.”

Xenia smiled at him, “Don’t jump so quickly to the end, darling. Your son and I tried that once before, and we learned that a good build up is just as pleasurable as the climax. And with that in mind, I’ll be visiting the Sage Empire next.”

Xenia shifted her weight slightly repositioning herself on the desk before saying, “Unlike the people of the United States, I have no interest in preserving the people of the Sage Empire. In fact, as you know, I have a deep-seated hatred for the entire country and culture. I’ll be wiping the entire populace off the face of this Earth.”

Xenia’s smile turned evil, “Not so transient.”

Xenia felt a surge of pleasure from watching a silent and frustrated Jarek, “Yes, I plan to do away with the entire population. Eradicate their dreadful culture from our species at last. Then I will spread the riches and resources of the Sage Empire amongst those loyal to me. History will color me a hero.”

Jarek scoffed, “Don’t be so sure, Xenia. History isn’t kind to genocidal maniacs.”

“Oh I am so sure. After all, I’ll be the one writing it, dear.”

Jarek knew the Sage Empire was without leadership and without solid defenses at the moment. He and Jacek needed time to train, and furthermore, he needed time to gather forces to send to the Sage Empire.

Xenia knew all of this, and she leaned into it, “Don’t worry so, Jarek. You have time to prepare. I don’t want to arrive to the Sage Empire without affair. I want a welcome party. As such, I am returning to BloodStar Castle for a day or two to relax.”

Jarek grit his teeth at her nonchalant attitude regarding what may become the most deadliest battles in human history, “Don’t you worry. We will have quite the welcoming party ready for you.”

She leaned forward with a huge grin, “Will you be there to greet me?”

“If you want me, you’ll have to earn it.”

Xenia slapped the desk surface so hard in response it left a divot of broken wood as she shouted with excitement, “God damnit! You are so much hotter than your son. Jacek never teased me like that.

She then swung both legs onto the desk and began to crawl towards the camera, “Playing hard to get. I love nothing more than the chase.”

She then moaned and licked the screen from top to bottom with her cut tongue leaving a trail of blood and saliva.

On the other side of the camera, Jarek clenched his hands around the video pad with frustration and crushed it to smithereens.

He tossed the broken bits of the pad to the feet of the messenger, “GET OUT OF HERE! LEAVE US! NO MORE INTERRUPTIONS!”

The messenger scurried away with haste to relay his Master’s instruction to the other messengers, and Jacek looked up to his father from his seated position of meditation, “Do we have enough time to prepare?”

Jarek nodded silently with a scrunched-up face, “Yes.” He paused again wincing as he held back tears, “But the time needed will be bought with the currency of human life. The losses will be immense.”

Jacek motioned with his hand to his father inviting him to sit and meditate with him, “You’ve sacrificed so much already. I’m sorry father.”

Jarek took his seat across from Jacek, “Let this be the last of it. Let this be the final sacrifice to end the BloodStar Empire once and for all.”

Both men then sat in meditation for hours and hours without interruption as their minds cultivated concentration and their bodies quelled the storm of excess ki to a silent simmer of immense and overwhelming power resting at their fingertips just waiting to be released.

0