Chap 9
907 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you mean? Let’s go now.”

I said before biking mahself over in front of the moving group, where the big man in front noticed and signaled a stop. Before we could say any tho, fellurs let me tell ye, Mary let out the biggest scream I’d heard a girl scream when her eyes ran around people’s hands seeing them scary weapons and such.

“Hello there Giant Fish!” I waved.

“We’re sorry! He’s not in his right mind, please don’t hurt us, we’ll go right away, we’re sorry! Jim, we have to go now! Don’t make them mad, I don’t want to die.” Mary closed her eyes tight while shiverin’

“Huh…?” The giant man in the middle man looks at may, I know for a fact he’s called Giant Fish, since…

“Little Evans?” He called may Little Evans according to my last name for sum reason I did not knew.

“Oh, my boy! Whatsup now, c’mere, kahahakaha, fucking good to see you kid!” 

I didn’t get a chance to answer when he dropped his blade and came over to hug me, boi was I a light boy, he picks me up like it was nothin’ now for a teddy bear hug, before the other men also took notice and I went around helloing each of ‘em.

“You’ve grown so much since I’ve done my time man. Yo, how’s your mother doing?”

“She’s very much fantase, thanka for askin’ sir.”

“Uh… boss, we need to go save Squeeze Devil-”

“Call me Giant Fish now c’mon man.” He turned around “Fuck Squeeze Devil, that nigga ain’t gonna die that easy, I’m reuniting with my bro. How’s you doin kid? I see you got choself a bad one eh? Damn playa” He tapped Mary on her back and laughed it off “Hit me up for a beer later, you old enough?”

“I’m ‘fraid not, Giant Fish, only sixteen now. Well, I was tryin’ to find a missin’ cat when I realized I ain’t got no one to watch over may bike and-”

“Says less man.” Giant Fish chimes in, looking behind to pick out someone, “John, get my bro’s ride in, man.” He continued “And Lil’ Evans, your bike’s safe with us, just knock on the door of that warehouse over there whenever ya done, got that? Now if you excuse, my homies and I got some business to attend to, send your momma my regards a’ight? And girl.” He looked at Mary, “You got yourself one fine dude right here, solid, you know what I’m saying?”

“Will do Giant Fish.” I let the guy named John had me bike when he got on it and rode towards the opposite direction of where the group were headin’ “Now imma head to searchin’ with Mary and Lily now, sea ye.”

“You saying two now? Holy fucks, my man! Kahahaka, a’ight good looking out Lil’ Evans. Hey kids, let me tell you about Lil’ Evans on the way to Squeeze Devil now.” He said while signaling everyone to move, of course we moved out of the way.

After a while now, Lily Lililith emerged from her hiding, hands in her pockets and the hoodie on, covering ‘er messy hair and black eyes most of it.

“You… Know gangsters?”

“Well ye.” I answered, “Giant Fish gives money to people in need and had a lots of friends as ye can see, knew him from momma, he really like her.”

“That’s called loaning and henchmens.” Mary still hung on tight to may, I can feel her hands shaky tho.

“Ye, money and friends. Well, let’s get goin’ now shall we?

A long while late, like an hour or so I ran mahself back to our meeting place, seein’ Mary and Lily already there first, I waved at them sayin’ hello. To which we all had one thing in common now: We didn’t find any white furred cat with pink bowtie.

“I searched around the playgrounds, yards and the streets… But nothing.” Mary let out a deep sigh that I can almost see it now.

“Not garbage areas and schools either, you?” Lily looked at me, with visible tiredness in her eyes along with them dark circles.

“Well.” I open may hip bag. “I didn’t find no white furred cat with pink tie now. But I did find 7 others missing cats” I pulled out a giant stacks of cash.

“Eh?” Mary squinted.

“The h-” Lily crossed her arms. “All of that from missing cats?”

“Well, ye.” I handed them towards Lily, knowin’ she might need em. “Well, the last one was a nice grandma who gave me strawberry pancakes instead.”

Lily stared at the money for a while befour shooking her head now: “It’s yours, our deal was about the white cat.”

“Well.” With that said, I pocketed the money ‘gain, knowing exactly how to use ‘em. “We can still try searching, that one looks like it.”

I pointed to an alleyway exactly next to us.

20