Chap 33. Time With Hailey
243 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ye sure ye wanna pedal now? I'm quite heavy now I must say."

"Oh! Absolutely, it's okay! You've done a lot already, just sit back and let me help."

After the four of us had dinner over at Aoi house now, rice porridge with salt removed and carrots added. It was quite nice imma tell ya, but soon it was time for us to get on our way now, and I was gunna bike Hailey back to her apartment where she's stayin' instead of the church now. Oh I thought I should tell; Hailey gets to go to school now! She was homeschooled for a good seventeen or so years by her sisters she told may, but now for sum reasons she's enrollin' at our school so she was in the new batch of transferred students alongside Naomi and many others. Still she's one year older than may so we'll meet mostly on the rooftop or recess and lunch breaks now.

Back to da topic is, I suggest I should bike her home, but she wanted to bike may instead which I dunno if I'd allow myself since I still feelin' like I shouldn't let someone else bike may especially Hailey who's a tad bit smaller and not that strong on her legs I assumed. But after a bit of back 'n forth I said why not, what's the worse that could happened? I told myself.

We got pulled over for bikin' in the wrong lane two minutes later.

Well, we got off with verbal warning, and on the rest of the way (I'm pedaling), I can hear Hailey from behind may letting out noises I'd describe as whimpers you know? Like "uhmmeemuhhhhhahhh" from your throat that's so small ye have to actually notice and ye have to block your nose and mouth from any air to make, that, I believe that's sound of sadness or regret or sumin'. 

"It's 'kay now, the police fellas are nice people, ye not in trouble. I won't tell ye mother either."

"Pinky promise?" Hailey said, I think she looks up at may cus I feel that behind my back but I couldn't look now.

"I can't give ye me pinky now since mah hands on the steerin'. But yes, you got mah words."

"Oh... Thank you, Jim. You're trustworthy." Hailey said, tuckin' on mah shirt lightly to keep herself balance in the back I assume.

"You are too now, Hailey. I knew for 'fact that ur a kind soul. Is this ye apartment?"

"Oh, thank you! It really meant a lot. The one next to it, please."

Like mentioned, me and Hailey both ain't much of someone who would share a hug with another person who as opposite gender now so when I dropped her off her apartment we got ourselves a handshake like sum movie business deal with dark suits or sumin'. It was not late yet so she asked may, Jim, do ye wanna see my apartment by any chance? It's small but I took so much work to decorate it. When I said yes I do now, Hailey's cyan like eyes lit up and she smiles so bright 'gain as she got inside and made her ways up the stairs with may right behind.

It was called a studio apartment or sumin, meaning it only has one room now and with very smart spacin' ye can make it seems like two three or even four! When I walked in, I was amazed because it was quite white now, most of her decorations from paintin', flowers by the windows or tables and chair was white, it's almost a pure sense I guess. And it fits real well with Hailey's hair which was very white and snowy too, like that story called Snow White that momma read to may when I was a kid.

"So you can see, this is my kitchen! I already got some apples, rice and water prepared! Oh and look at this living room! It's really nice to have so much space to run around don't you think! But I really missed my Sisters and Brothers... Wondered why Mother insisted me to go to school, it's so far from the church."

"Well... It's quite strange now imma say, I'm sure they miss you too, Hailey. At schools there should be lots of friends for you to be with so dun yer worry now."

Her entire place was real clean and neat, I myself see me as someone who kept himself and his room clean all the time, I swipe the floor, the roof and the walls all the time but it was nothin' compared to Hailey, I noticed that her clothes and uniforms were neatly ironed and hung very organized-ly, and even her cups were put adjecent size from smaller to bigger ones. I noticed she had a bible on her table which I guess she brought from home?

"thump Jim, Jim! thump, look over here! thump"

I was thinking for a bit before I heard Hailey voice from behind, the girl was on her bed bouncin' on it and flying up and down, it looks so fun now I might say. I can see her long hair up and down with her too all over the face onto her mouth and such, she waved me to come over and I did.

"This bed is so big, right! I can do a full roll at night. Come join me!"

"Well if ye don't mind now."

I got on the bed too and was soon got unbalanced because I didn't prepare and fell over, but soon got up to bounce with Hailey, it was fun and we laughed lots. I stayed for some milk and chatted a bit before havin' to depart, that's the end of day eigth since school started now.

5