1.Beginning-Nostalgia
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      On the evening of a hot summer, when the sun gets kinder that is it's less hot, and the warm breeze makes it more comfortable for the humans to walk around. On such a day a young man in his early twenties was walking in the middle of the road surrounded by green fields probably musing about world peace or the political state of the world and all that unfairness this world has.

     By the way, that person is me. Give me a break world peace? the political state of the world? I am not Martin Luther King or something. I am here to buy some groceries my mom wanted me to. While I am happy that I got into the college I wished for, I am also nervous about starting a new life as there are a lot of changes that come with moving alone to a new city which makes one nervous. And I like any other guy was feeling nervous about moving out.

      My parents were against me moving out so I had to pull out my ultimate card 'beg for it' and other things to convince them.

      "Can I live in the city alone?" a question escapes my lips. While It was I who convinced my parents that I would be perfectly fine living alone, that's not to say that I wouldn't have some doubts about it after all I am no different from any other guy... probably.

      I say probably because I see things that are not there like someone peeking through the doors and I feel like someone is following me even now when no one's there. It scares me what if someone is out there trying to kill me? what if all the things I feel and see are real?

      While I was thinking of such things the sight of a ridiculously huge Building which was built a year ago yanks me out of it. Seriously, why did they think that building such an extravagant-looking convenience store would be a good idea?

      That very extravagant-looking convenience store is my destination. I probably think it's extravagant because I grew up seeing only small shops in our village.

      I push the glass door open and I am greeted by a middle-aged man Saying "Hey, Kazuki It's been a while. How are you?"

      "Hi, uncle I am fine."

      "How did you do in your exams?"

      "I did good uncle and I also got into the college I want to"

       "Ohh, Congratulations Kazuki"

      "Thanks, Uncle."

      I go inside the store and put the items I want into the cart. I go towards the counter to pay for the items I've taken, where the uncle is standing.

      *Awkward pause*

      "Put them on the counter Kazuki."

      "Okay, uncle"

      I quickly put them on the counter. He scans them and tells me the price. I pay for them and quickly get out of there.

      While it wasn't the most awkward thing that happened to me, nevertheless it's still one of THE most awkward conversations I had. Now that I think about it, I've always had the streak of being the most awkward person in the room.

      While musing about how much of a bottom G I was, a warm summer breeze blows shifting my attention from my internal thoughts to green fields surrounding me. Suddenly it occurred to me that in a few days, my world was going to change drastically as I would no longer be able to see this view again. Sure it may be true that I can come home again, but that doesn't change the fact that everything is going to be new and that is something I am not sure if I can come to terms with.

      New place.

      New people.

      New environment.

       My mind fills with doubt if I will be able to accommodate in such a place.

      A warm wind blows again as if to comfort me. Now that I look back I can see the edges of the convenience store that I've just visited.

      Well.. the fact that they built such a thing here attests to the development of the village. Maybe in the future, our village may become a big city which I am not sure if I would be okay with.

      As more changes are brought the village where I grew up won't be the same, and the fields where I used to play and the dirt road where I used to travel while going to school.

      Even now the changes are so apparent as the number of abandoned homes keeps on increasing each passing year, I don't hate young people who move away leaving their parents here, we can't decide where we will be born on this earth so obviously there would be people who like where they were born and people who didn't like where they are borne.

      The latter group of people either adjust to life or stay in that place, some people will move to another place where they would like to live. 

      That is what I think being a human is, we have the choice of how to go about our own lives while everyone may not be able to act on their choice it is there regardless of what you do.

      My home finally comes into view ending this short journey.

      "I am home," I say this as I enter my home

      I noticed that there are additional shoes at the entrance. Being the Sherlock Holmes I am, I deduced that our guest had arrived here while I was out on what I would call a pilgrimage. While I was thinking about her, she showed herself in front of me.

      "Welcome home Kazuki" she greets me at the entrance of the home. I was caught off guard as she suddenly appeared in front of me. Her red hair like falling autumn leaves and her blue eyes made her look so beautiful that my heart skipped a beat.

      I awkwardly say "Hi Akane, It's um.... been three years. How is it going" 

      Her name is Akane she is 24 years old and 4 years older than me, She said that she would visit us today to celebrate my getting into the university in Chiba. Back then She, my brother, and I used to play together, She used to live with us because of a toxic relationship between her mother and father.

      "I am fine Kazuki. Let me take those items off you and deliver them to your mother so you can go and fresh up"

      "Thanks" I gave her my bag and headed to the bathroom to wash my face.

      After washing my face and feeling refreshed, I entered the living room where she was waiting for me.

      "Hey, Kazuki are Yuuto and your father not home yet?"

      "Yeah, they are out for work" Unlike me, my brother chose to stay and work in the fields instead of pursuing higher education.

      "Oh, I see. I heard that you've decided to live on your own. Are you going to be okay?"

      "Of course, I'm going to be okay. I am an adult now" I say puffing up my chest.

      "pft- HAHAHA, that's so you to say that," She says mocking me.

      Grr- I can't let her get away with this, I try to come up with something to get back at her "You are 24 and still singl-" Sensing the danger of the situation I decided to let go of my attempt to get back at her.

      "KaZuKI, were you saying something?" She says with a cute smile, the gap between her emotions and her expressions is way off that it's scary.

      "N-No I wasn't saying anything at all" It's like narrowly avoiding a disaster.

      While we were busy throwing shade at each other my father and brother came home, ending our little spat.

      "How are you doing Akane, it's been so long. How is your job doing?" 

      "I am doing well uncle, my coworkers are kind and helpful."

      "I see that's nice" After that, my dad left the living room to freshen up followed by my brother.

     The evening passed peacefully, with everyone catching up with each other while enjoying our dinner. After eating, my mom washed the dishes, and Akane helped her. Later, I showed Akane to her room where she would sleep. While we were on our way, she said "Hey, Kazuki do you remember, that secret room we used to go in" I said "Well yeah, I was always the one getting caught and scolded for it"

      "Alright then. Good night Kazuki,"

      "Good night to you too" She smiled adorably and went to sleep. I returned to my room to rest as well because tomorrow is my university's entrance ceremony.

      

           

 

[/author] English is not my first language, so please correct any mistakes in the comments. Thank you.[/author]

0