3.warm…..yet cold
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      After walking for a while, we head back so that we will be able to make it in time for the inauguration of my university. After reaching home we immediately head to my university, where we are greeted with a large front gate inside, it has a huge building in front of which there are many students like myself with their families which kind of gives a very festive feel to it, maybe because of that even I am feeling hyped. We then entered the building and followed everyone else which helped us to reach the auditorium which is almost the size of a movie theater. We sit in the 3rd row towards the corner as the seats in the front rows were already occupied.

      We sat there for a couple of hours listening to the introduction of the lecturers and the programs of the course and the speech of the Chairman about the university and how we should focus our time on our studies. I probably won't remember this tomorrow not because it's boring but because recently I have been very forgetful about what happened the day before, it's not like I have amnesia or anything, it's like I can't recollect what happened and but I only remember small fragments of it, I don't know why that happens to me, While I was thinking about such things a sudden voice yanked me out of it "Hey, Kazuki this reminds me of the first day of my university. I can't believe it's been 5 years already" yeah I am not gonna get in trouble by pointing out that she is old, I avoid that and say something completely random "Did you know that guinea pig has a lifespan of 5 years?" 

      "Wha-, how is that a reasonable reaction to what I just said?"

      "The orientation is almost over, let's go back already," Mom says "Why don't you go and talk with your would-be classmates," I say "alright, Fine Mom" I get up and set out to meet them is what I would do if I weren't so awkward with people, some guys were gathering introducing themselves, so I decided to join them "Hi everyone my name is Kazuki Hoshino, L-lets get along well" Ahhhh why did I stutter there, makes me cringe so hard that my bones are breaking. They continued to introduce themselves ignoring my mistake probably out of consideration. I listened to their introductions carefully, well even though I probably won't remember them, later I returned to where my parents are and we finally went back home, and I have already forgotten their names, oh well I will try to get to know them later.

      We return home and the clock shows that it was 2 pm I quickly washed my face and relax a little bit, after that, we had our lunch, probably tiredness caught up to me I started to feel sleepy. 

      "Kazuki, We will be leaving now, take care of your self" 

      "Yes Father" My parents and brother get ready to leave, and I get out to send them off. " Kazuki, if you have any problem don't forget to call us" 

      "Thanks, brother. I will do that", My mom said"I kept the leftovers in the fridge, eat them in the evening after heating them" to which I said, "Ok Mom". We bid our farewell to each other, "Take care Kazuki, I will visit sometimes to check on you"

      "Thanks, Akane" She too went back. I lock the front door, set out my futon, and finally lay on the futon. Suddenly overcome by tiredness, I close my eyes.

      By the time I woke up, it was already evening. I stretch my body, I feel so refreshed. It's probably because I was so tired, I feel that this is the best sleep I have gotten in the past month. I get up and fold my futon and keep it aside, wash my face and take out the leftovers from the fridge and put them on the plate.

      "Let's eat" It's cold but I gulp it down, and finish eating it. Now it's time for the most cumbersome task of cleaning the dishes, I somehow finish cleaning them. Seeing outside through the window makes me realize that it was almost nighttime, I switch off the lights in the kitchen and bathroom and decided to study C programming, It's not like I want to be a programmer It's just a hobby of mine.

      By the time the clock hit 10:00 pm I am done with my study and finally, go to sleep hoping that tomorrow will be a good day.

      I wake up and stretch my body while yawning, I had great sleep and feel very good today. I check the time and it shows 6:23 am, I think my university starts at 8 in the morning, so I need to check the schedule to make sure that it starts at 8 'O'clock. I go through my bag to find the schedule papers they gave me yesterday, Huh I can't find them. I search for them frantically in the living room drawers and sure enough I find them in the cupboard of the almirah where my clothes are stored neatly, Now that I think about it I remember keeping this here because I was too lazy to open my bag when I was changing my clothes yesterday. "You reap what you sow" I should have at least put them somewhere noticeable. Cursing myself about how I could have avoided all that searching I was not so lazy yesterday to keep them properly I get ready.

      I made bread and omelet today as I was in the mood for a light breakfast. "Hmm, I added a bit more salt than necessary" I will have to mind how much salt I am using next time. By the time I finished my breakfast, it was 7:30 am, I tie my shoe and lock the door and hurry so that I won't be late on the first day of my university.

0