Chapter 1: The Unlikely Begins
116 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ale and gossip lingered in the tavern. Ladies in all too revealing dresses served drinks as the men hollered to serve them more than simply ale, one even went the lengths to pull one of the ladies’ skirt just to be rewarded with a good beating by the local owner of the establishment.

“Keep ya hand to yer’ selves or my fists will do it for you.” Le’tor, the owner, said with a grin. His arms were covered in tattoos, there as a prominent scar over his mouth running down to his neck, hiding in his white shirt and tight fit leather vest. His size was big than most tavern owners. He had the more orderly tavern in the capitol zelordi, unlike some where they throw ale as much as the patrons throw their money at the local brothel. Amongst the chatter and drunk singing, A man in a deep blue coat hung around at the corner, watching as Le’tor hustled another patron on top of the table. He didn’t smirk or showed much emotion as more chaos unfolds. Underneath the cloak was a silver chest plate. It wasn’t the toughest piece of armor but its efficient. One of his shoulder was adorned with an intricate leather padding, something than can’t be pierced by simple arrows. He wore fingerless gloves along with straps of weaponry around his legs. Boots with plates made it tough to try and hit from below.

He walked up to the bar, taking a seat as the owner returned. He inspected the cloaked figure. He placed a pint in front of the figure, as he just huffed. “well, you don’t walk in a tavern just to act like a gloomy, the first is on me. You look like a lad who wants to walk to the gates of hell.”

“went and came back” was his simple reply.

Le’tor huffed his response. “you seem like the type that reels in trouble. Part of the summoner’s guild? Watcha’s brotherhood, Ezikiel’s? Malachi’s? maybe even the fancy folks of everdore?”

“I’m none.”

“what’s your name atleast?” he reacted, rubbing his chin, waiting for the mysterious man to respond. He opened his mouth to speak but was silenced by the sound of the tavern door opening suddenly and slapping against the door. Le’tor brows furrowed with frustration. “If you got trouble wit’ anyone ‘round here, take it outside.” The cloaked man followed the tavern owner’s gaze at the guest. She wore a flamboyant white robe, a crest of a dove and spear above a golden shield stood proudly at her arm in the form of a band. Her hair was fiery red and her eyes were amber colored. The armor shinning underneath the robe had scratches and dents but it had a quality only nobles can afford. The whole tavern went silent. The servers suddenly disappeared, as if to hide from the skirmish that’s about to happen.

“ROWAN STORMROAR” She exclaimed.

The tension suddenly rose in the room. The tavern patrons glanced around, hoping this ‘Rowan’ would come out. They didn’t want this type of trouble, especially if that trouble involves a brotherhood. One even went the lengths to curse, receiving a deadly glare from the unwanted guest.

The hooded man stood up from his seat, the stool falling with a clatter. “yes?” he replied quietly, turning to fully face her. She unsheathed her sword. It was ivory with intricate curves on its hilt. Her expression turned dark. She smiled a vicious smile. She pointed at him.

”I’ve come for your head.” She laughed out. He stayed silent. Her smile wavered. “The brotherhood of everdore demands it.” He responded with nothing. The guest’s brow twitched with annoyance. “Well, say something.” She giggled. He mumbles something under his breath.

“What was that? Speak your surrender louder please.” She hummed. “if it helps, your death will come from Teyarine Lustrous, lady of brotherhood everdore.”

“I said shut up, you whore.” He raised his hand to pull down his hood. “I know who you are Teyarine-“ Rowan raised his hand infront of him. “-the favored whore of the everdore brotherhood. How many beds have you kept warm huh? Two? Three? Too many to count in your dumb head?” He continued, taunting her to no extent.

Her face flared with anger. “I’ll kill you. Yes… Showing the high guild master your head will surely please him.” She laughed with hysteria. “You will be helpless against my wrath. What do you say, Rowan?”

The energy in the room changed suddenly. Her smile faltered as his aura lost its luminous shadow. His stand pulsed with sparks of power. Glass crystalized around him, making Teyarine’s blade shake with uneasiness. The glass collected itself to form a blade, the likes of which can compare to an Excalibur of a king. his blade was stone blue, its tip gleaming teal. The hilt had a writing on it in ancient text.

He wielded the sword with poise to kill.

“scum- tsk.“

She started but flinched as she barely managed to block the blow, pushing them both outside the tavern onto the free streets of capitol zelordi. She stared at the face that suddenly appeared in front of her. This power, it was uncontrolled. Filled with anger, viciousness and pain. She winced as he pressed his blade harder, his face was chilling calm compared to the pained expression rising in the lady of brotherhood everdore.

“Spell of Saint Crow-“ Rowan muttered out. Teyarine eyes widen in realization. “-Holy scythe of judgement,  lightning.”

The buzz of lightning rippled across them both as the smell of rain lingered. He thrusted his blade further.

“rumble-CRACK”

A flash filled the streets with white light. “Gahhh” She yelled out in pain as she was struck by the spell,. “tsk, very ignorant of you to be honest.” Rowan spoke up, flicking his blade that had a speck of red. She held her shoulder as blood started dripping, staring at him with deadly intention, gritting her teeth. “You are probably not even a member of the brotherhood. You are a bed warmer to them. Labelling you as one of them is rather pitiful.”He stared with little mercy in his eyes. Tears began to form in her eyes. He squinted. Spoiled brat.

“Spell of Daragin, Enslave and punish.” She said furiously as a red circle summoned underneath him. He dodged with malice as the circle began to glow and a hand came out.

“Master, kill him.” She ordered as a rather large man with a collar around his neck appeared. His arms littered with scars. A large tattoo was sprawled all over his bare chest. His voice boomed as the sky darkened. “Whatever my little one wishes.”

“TEAR HIM APART.” She laughed as the ‘master’s’ large fist was about to slam into his body

‘shit’ was his only thought when a body crashed into his side, pushing him away as debris and rock flew all over.

“Are you looking for death?!” a feminine voiced exclaimed. and so it begins

0