Chapter 10 – Arrival at the South Gate
88 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not long after we got a new member for our raid party, that smile of his faded as he saw me lagging behind, breathing so heavily.

Galliano asked, “Hey, what’s up? You ran out of stamina or something?”

“F-Fatigue.”

“You mean, you wanna sleep?”

“No, it’s just… Well, I enabled the Realism Mode.”

“What?” his gasp can tell it all, “Dude, that’s just insane. Like for real. I don’t see the benefits, but are you sure you can get me out of this place in that state?”

“Don’t you doubt me. My plan for our escape won’t change just because of this.”

“Lass,” Boland came, “You alright?”

*Pant *Pant

“Just exhausted, nothing to worry about. Hehe.”

Trying to keep that positive energy so that I don’t make the group worry about this little miscalculation that I did.

“Come, we gotta move,” posing in a weird yet familiar way, “Don’t keep me waiting now, lass. We have to hurry, I sensed something is coming for us.”

A piggyback pose!

My face is red all the way right now, “Th-Thank you, sir.”

“Wait, why don’t I do it for you instead?” asked Galliano.

“No, we need to optimize our firepower. Sir Boland will not have a problem with me in his back but you and your attacks would be hindered.”

He is a Monk after all. At least if I go with Boland, he can still attack with his sword without shaking much from this uncomfortable posture. Besides, his back is much… thicker. Galliano sighed as he nodded. Don’t get why he feels the need to offer his assistance. After all, I’m the one that will be assisting him.

About an hour later, we arrived at the so-called [Gate of Righteous End].

It’s enormous.

The height and width of this gate are like a fully built skyscraper but so much wider. It seems like the gate is meant for a giant to go through. Not only that, it’s so extravagantly ornated unlike the shithole of a cell we were put in.

I never know much about Prison Realm, mainly because this place is meant to serve as a Tutorial for players to get a hang of things, and never to be visited again.

“Wait, why is it closed?” confused Galliano, “I’ve walked through here just now and I’m sure, it was wide open. In fact, I’ve seen some players go in.”

‘Okay that was confusing, and it looks like he can still call Travelers, Travelers.’

‘…’

‘I can’t even think about saying the word.’

Boland put me down and I noticed that some geared undead were closing in, so I says, “There must be a way to open it. Those Draugr looks different.”

“All the wounded stick close to the wall! Ken, you guard them while we take care of those things. You too, Traveler. Don’t let them get to any one of ours.”

Galliano’s eyes peeled before it’s narrowed down with a serious look on his face, he nods. Boland quickly went towards the undead.

“What’s up?” I asked Galliano.

“Just got a quest.”

That surprises me, but it’s a relief now that he has a reason to protect the old men. Before I went to assist Boland, “Hey, kid,” the old man Dura yelled, “Take this with you!”

Throwing me an axe. Wait…

"Gyaaaaahhh!"

I somehow managed to grab the handle while screaming my lungs out.

! {Item Received}

~ {Rooted Spirit Axe / Rank F / Rare / Physical Attack: 20 / Magical Attack: 15 / Innate Ability: Can be used as a Catalyst}

*Pant *Pant

"You wanna kill me, old man?!" but then I noticed something odd, “Wait, why did you even have something like this?”

“Heheh, didn’t notice the blade in your hand? Boland got these weapons for everyone.”

“Ah,” so the dagger was his.

With a one-sided tilt on his mouth, he says, “Don’t you dare lose them, you hear?”

*Groooah*

The undead is too close for comfort.

Turning my head around, ‘Hmph! so he was hiding the item that was meant for me, huh? Why, I don't think I even need to ask.’

Rotating the axe, it looks like birch trees swirling on each other. There are even roots under the handle, I think it looks fantastic.

“Heh, I got this, old man.”

==== Quick Status ====

Combat
Physical Attack: 20 / Physical Defense: 0
Magical Attack: 15 (+5) / Magical Defense: 0
Health Regeneration: 1 / Mana Regeneration: 2 / Stamina Regeneration: 1

==== Quick Status ====

Now that I have a Magical Attack, the bonus from my Intelligence stats finally kicks in which is +5 per 10 points. This works the same for Physical Attack if I have the Strength or Dexterity stats for either Heavy or Light Weaponry.

‘These Draugrs.’

‘Even without magic, I can still fight.’

Dashing forward as we scattered. I keep rotating my weapon back and forth because I like how it looks but once I’m close enough to the enemy, I’m swinging it down and rip the skin off the draugr’s lifeless body, I follow up with the dagger before swinging my axe again.

*Slash *Stab *SLASH

{+100 Exp}

More and more of them are coming to get me.

*Grrraaaaaaah*

Ducking as the Draugr attacked.

*SLASH*

When the axe blade made contact with its armpit, it cut deep — slicing its arm off. It’s nothing new as dismemberment is also part of the feature of combat in Ekolia, but the feedback, the sensation I got from decapitating this undead, somehow fueled my brain with a kick.

As the group of undead started swarming Galliano. His ‘fisting’ technique made the Draugr coming at him elated in ecstasy to the point of being purified.

*Bam *Bam *Bam

While my boring attacks are still ongoing, Boland shoved his sword all the way inside that Draugr, piercing its stomach deeply. Meanwhile, Kenmartha is holding the old men from the many Draugrs about to gangbanging them.

*Stab *Slice *Slash

All right, I'm gonna stop that.

The slow attack from a Draugr swinging an axe at me. I lean away at the right moment. Backing away before turning my axe, plunging its shoulder. Kicking it away, I scan the surroundings to find the mechanism to open the gate or at least, the way to open it.

‘Doesn’t seem to have anything unusual though. The number of undead coming kept increasing but they don’t look to be reviving after they die, so maybe… there might be a boss coming after we clear up these mob.’

*Rrraghh*

One is slowly coming at me like a zombie.

‘These things are so easy to kill even if they have armor, it shouldn’t take us long.’

Glancing at my hands.

‘Hmm, I’m not a fan of dual wielding. I can put the dagger in my inventory, but… I’ve enabled Realism Mode, why not go a step further and get the feel of it?’

So, I slid the dagger on my waist and wield my axe with both hands. Coming to a Draugr with the knife in his hand swinging high. I make sure to twist the axe handle before puncturing its head.

*TAKS*

{+80 Exp}

! {Level UP}

5