Chapter 15 – Random Chances
76 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==== Quick Status ====

Statistics
Name: --- / Level: 8 / Class: Mage

Primary Attributes (900)
Max Health: 700 | Max Mana: 2500 | Max Stamina: 1300
Health: 700 | Mana: 2500 | Stamina: 1300

Secondary Attributes (10)
Strength: 20 / Dexterity: 10 / Endurance: 20
Vitality: 0 / Agility: 20
Intelligence: 50 / Faith: 0 / Luck: 50

Combat
Physical Attack: 20 (+10) | 7 (+5) / Physical Defense: 0 (+10)
Magical Attack: 15 (+25) / Magical Defense: 0 (+10)
Health Regeneration: 1 / Mana Regeneration: 6 / Stamina Regeneration: 3

==== Quick Status ====

Quite a repetitive boss fight, but what came out of its death is quite nice. And hopefully so for the rewards in those three loot boxes, considering I can only have one item from each one.

“Good work, lass.”

“Mm. How’s Kenmartha holding up?”

“Still out, but nothing for you to worry about. I’ll stand guard here. If there’s something you can’t handle by yourself, just shout out for me. I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

I nodded.

Before this gate is two paths connected to it. One is where we came from and the other is what I assume to be the road leading to where the others are at. Considering the boss has yet to be defeated, they must be there. I dashed forward, wasting no time in search of the rest of the group.

On my way, I decided to open the item boxes sitting in my inventory.

‘First, let’s open the F-Grade one.’

I flipped every single card that came out of it as soon as it appears so that I don’t cling to the hope that I will be getting something good. And what came out of it is truly disappointing.

! {Items Unveiled}

~ {Health Potion / Tier 1 / Recover up to 10% of Maximum Health}

~ {Healing Potion / Tier 1 / Recover 1% health per second, up to 15% of Maximum Health}

~ {5 Lockpick}

~ {Shovel}

~ {Black Devil Book / Common / Contains the story of the undying flame that spark the gate before the heaven and hell, the Purgatory Realm}

‘I’ve read that book in my previous life when looking around in the so-called Demon King’s Quarter with Kurira and Rakuri. Can’t say it has anything useful for me.’

It’s actually a story about one of the old heroes succumbing to madness and becoming a terrorizing figure to the whole world but instead of destroying the world itself like what I expected the story was heading, instead, another group of heroes ‘rescued’ the mad hero. The so-called undying flame that the book mentioned, and their connection to one of the ruling factions of Ekolia.

The Purgatory Realm, ruled by the Undead God, Lehdrith.

“I’ll take the Lockpick.”

Lehdrith once made an appearance in one of the main quests that the top rankers went. Thus, confirming that he and the other 31 gods can be encountered. But in the case of the demon king, however. I don’t really know if it even exists, but demon bosses reference him in some way. But no one really knows if the king itself is real.

! {Items Unveiled}

~ {Firebolt (Spell) / Tier 1 – Basic / Fire / Book / Common / Learning Requirement: 30 Intelligence / Potency: None}

~ {Air Cutter (Skill) / Rank E / Wind / Book / Uncommon / Learning Requirement: Level 20, 50 Intelligence / Potency: Evolving}

~ {Tear of a Goddess / Rank S / Legendary}

~ {Summoning Mark (Guidance) / Rank E / Uncommon / Class Requirement: Summoner}

~ {Mana Control (Guidance) / Rank D / Rare / Class Requirement: Sorcerer}

! {Choose One}

Frozen in place with my eyes peeled after seeing the shining card glowing in bright gold.

 “Hmmmmmmmm???”

‘Buhhhhhh! You’re telling me that a legendary fucking item actually dropped from an E-Grade Box? How?!’ oh, I know the answer, ‘R.N.G!’

'God is on my side!'

It boosted my morale so high to the point that I almost slipped the pressing matters at hand, but I quickly snap back to reality.

‘Let’s see, the first is a thing I can use. The second is a useful thing I can use in the future. The third which is the legendary material is a very sought-out item for crafting and can be made as a spell-holder for enchanting. I can pick any of them and I won’t regret it at least until I reach the endgame where the obvious option is to choose the third one.’

The last two are Quests to obtain the mentioned Innate Ability. It’s like Spells but without a limit of quantity or the reduced power from Skills.

‘It’s unfortunate that it’s low-rank guidance. They only teach a single ability. Meanwhile, the Chronomancy Guidance that I got back in my previous life, not only that it gives you the Chronomancer class, it also teaches you every single ability that the class has all the way to its arts and laws.’

But even if higher ranks are stronger, doesn’t mean it’s better. At least, in a way for people to actually unlock the Guidance’s full protentional. The higher the ranks, the harder its quests are. But the timing is unfortunate. Time itself is not something I cannot afford right now.

‘If only I can have them all.’

Deep inside, I know what I need. But I’m afraid to lose out on what the future holds for me, so I ended up choosing the [Tear of a Goddess]

! {Item Received}

“Now then, the last one. Not gonna expect this to be as good as the last box but let’s do open it anyway. If I can have another gold, that’d be awesome.”

! {Items Unveiled}

~ {Silver Ring of Steadfast Horse / Rank F / Uncommon / Effect: Increases the balance of the user’s posture while riding a mount / Usage Requirement: 20 Agility}

~ {Blue Jelly Potion / Tier 2 / Recover up to 30% of Max Mana, the leftover portion will be used to heal both Health and Stamina for up 10% of their maximum capacity}

~ {Stamina Potion / Tier 1 / Recover up to 10% of Max Stamina}

~ {Combustion (Skill) / Rank F / Fire / Book / Common / Learning Requirement: 10 Intelligence, 5 Faith / Potency: Evolving}

~ {Firebolt Spellbook / Tier 1 – Basic / Fire / Book / Common / Learning Requirement: 30 Intelligence / Potency: None}

“Hm? Another Firebolt? Nice,” a sigh of relief, 'If I had chosen Firebolt, I'd pretty much have missed out on the legendary item.'

‘No, wait a minute.’

‘The other 3 are useless for me, but this Combustion. It’s a skill book. So, maybe I should get that instead of Firebolt? While it is significantly weaker, it won’t take a slot in my spells.’

“Hmm… Considering future prospects. Alright, I’ll be taking that one.”

! {Item Received}

Taking out the Combustion skill book from the inventory.

‘Hoho, look at this sick pyromancy. I swear the --/E-r/-- are so biased when it comes to designing fire-related books. This should help me out a lot.’

“…”

“Eh?”

4