Chapter 18 – Checkpoint
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ignition / Tier 1 – Basic / Coat oneself aflame. In Ignition state, increases Fire Resistance by 10%, able to active [Combustion] at will. Requires up to 10 Mana per second to maintain / Cooldown: None / Costs: 100 Mana]

‘That’s the spell Kurira is championing. Despite becoming a wizard and ditching Mage class, she still uses that spell. The fact that it has the potential to go toe to toe against a dragon’s breath speaks its value.’

I remember her haughty face when she was looking down on me grinning as she explains it.

(Listen, Combustion is shit only when it’s by itself. You can only do so much to enhance it so you might as well invest in another shit that’s doing a better job at it. But when used in Ignition state. You can use art or law with it, setting that base power high. Then, you can multiply the damage with those gears, weapons, accessories buff whatever, but THEN! You can also use a Vow to raise that power ceiling even higher. And we’re not even talking about when Ignition becomes an aspect. AND! Not to mention, Third Party buff, oh yeah, that gets your attention ain’t it? Adding to that…)

She just never stops, but I get the point. It’s good stuff.

*Pant *Pant

I see that someone is getting exhausted. Sitting on that rock as he catches his breath.

[Galliano | Lv. 12]

“Heheh, wow. Already level 12? Now that’s a teammate I want in a party.”

Chuckles as he shook his head, “Well, I should be the one to be glad to have you in my party. Thank god you came just in time. Man, these warnings keep popping into my head like crazy! Thought for sure that I only have to worry about that bitch, but turns out… Damn, never thought that the South Gate was going to be this nail in the butt.”

“Whaaat, you're only struggling cause these things ain't your match. It's like, you're punching a jelly. Your fists be bouncing back."

"You're going somewhere?

"Yeah. Gonna get that old man Dura back here. Wouldn’t want him to encounter some of these things.”

Nodding, “Aight, don’t take too long though. These things might respawn.”

“Doubt that'll be the case, but you got it.”

Players can never be injured for real, even if they were cut in half. That'll just be a passing discomfort. Especially so when their Sensitivity is minimized, but still, stress is a tough one. No amount of advancement in technology can even handle that without a side effect, which is the reason why the system would boot us out when the mental capacity exceeds 80%.

After bringing Dura back to the rest of the group, he inspects everyone’s condition. The old man’s wound is looking rather painful, but it’s nothing life-threatening to the point that he can’t move. I don't want to spend my legendary item just on that too. Not that I have the skill to make a potion out of it, but consuming the Tier of a Goddess will heal him regardless.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Mm? What’s up?”

“This Quest that I got from that guy, Boland. Stated that I have to protect these people, but that also includes you. And that’s I don’t know, feels weird. Like, a Quest protecting a player? Where have I ever heard that kind of thing before? Main Quest Players.”

“Whaat,” that is indeed odd, “Ehh, probably because I’m playing realism mode. Ain't that cool though, it's like you're the main star.”

 “Haha, Well, I thought of that too. Realism Mode. But the system mentioned you by name. Same as the rest. Except of course, you don’t have a name here. It just shows up as ---, you know.”

Us staring at each for a moment, it made me ponder how that happened. But then when I was about to talk, mysteriously, no words came out of my mouth. My body moves on its own and just shrugs, and then I glanced at Dura inspecting not the unconscious member, but the defeated monster I burned.

It made me curious so I walked toward him and ask, “What are you up to?”

*Slash *Slash

Cutting the flesh of the leech with the blade he lent me. I didn’t even know how he took it from me, but then again, I did put it on the back of my hip instead of the [Inventory]. So, for a rogue, it's easy to snatch. Better keep the important stuff in the [Inventory] still.

“We need energy. Stamina, enough to get us back to the surface.”

“Huh?”

*Slice*

“Here, you can have the liver.”

“W-Woah, woah, woah, hold up there. I’m not desperate enough to eat a monster’s corpse, old man. Imagine the germs and—”

“Stop being picky and take it, you some princess or something? Here.”

‘Well, I used to be on that level, sir.’

Rolling my eyes, I took it since he insisted on it.

! {Item Received}

~ {Charred Boa Liver / Increase Stamina Regeneration by 2 for 1 hour}

‘Well, I don’t need to eat it but, why not? I always wondered what those OP monster-eater freaks feel like when they taste thi—'

*Cough*

I feel like I’m spiraling in the lonesome me within a galaxy. I see my past playing on a playback that kept repeating to me. I was reminded of Rakuri’s cooking. That beautiful gentle girl, so elegant and captivating, but then suddenly, she served a pile of goop that she called fried rice.

“Bleeergh~”

Desperate to get it all out I activated [Ignition] for the first time, but only in my mouth. I cannot even believe that this is how I’m gonna use it.

“Kid, that’s disgusting.”

“Bahk, Blaahhk. You meant me or the shit you put in me?”

Galliano suddenly formed an Eww face.

“Just swallow it. Shouldn’t taste like anything.”

“Hmph, I shall give it another chance to satiate my palate!”

*Chomp*

‘Eww, the textures are so weeeeeeeeeeird.’

“You want some too, Traveler?”

“No, I’m good. Thanks.”

“Hmph, suit yourself.”

“Bleeeergh~”

“Y-You,,,”

What can I say? Dura’s palate and my god tongue are truly incompatible with one another. I didn’t manage to get the food buff because I kept throwing it out. Then I noticed the old men are waking up one by one. We quickly assist them while Dura serves them a piece of that abomination. But they gobble it up without a care in the world.

‘Looks like it’s normal for these people to eat monster’s meat.’

I didn’t really care that much about how people lived in this world. So, this is news to me. Onto something that I know though, these people wouldn’t last a second against that big toad.

In any case, I told them about everything. What’s up with Boland and Kenmartha, the fight against the big undead imp, how I got here, and the encounter with that big toad. I also tell them a bit about my arsenal. How I will be more useful in a fight, and how I will handle the next one.

==== Quick Status ====

Statistics
Name: --- / Level: 10 / Class: Mage

Primary Attributes
Max Health: 1000 | Max Mana: 4000 | Max Stamina: 1600
Health: 1000 | Mana: 4000 | Stamina: 1600

Secondary Attributes
Strength: 20 / Dexterity: 10 / Endurance: 20
Vitality: 0 / Agility: 20
Intelligence: 80 / Faith: 20 / Luck: 50

Combat
Physical Attack: 20 (+10) | 7 (+5) / Physical Defense: 0 (+10)
Magical Attack: 15 (+40) / Magical Defense: 0 (+10)
Health Regeneration: 1 / Mana Regeneration: 9 / Stamina Regeneration: 3

==== Quick Status ====

3