Chapter 22 – Avarice
79 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s like a storm approaching. The beating sound of the music in my head brings a sense of unfathomable hype as a new figure appears in my line of sight. Long serrated tail sways, revealing the shadow of the humanoid creature. Large and long feathers attached to its draconic helmet. Not a single skin is exposed to the air as the entirety of its body is covered in hard armor.

‘Dragon?’

The entity holds a large spear with immense thunder energy. Clashing its surroundings without it even doing anything. I witness that entity walks toward the monster I fought and raised its spear toward the helpless thing.

*Gwooooooh*

*Clack *Clack *BOOOOOOOOOM

My eyes peeled as the shockwave of dust blew me away, but I resisted.

‘Wh-What the hell is that thing doing here?’

{Avarice, Alpha and the Omega | Lv. ???}

‘Second stage Transcendental rank monster. Its level must be in the thousands,’ a sudden realization, ‘Wait, that’s the monster from the West Gate. What the hell is it doing here?’

Then I see it approaching me. Unconsciously, I took a step back as my heart beats.

‘Galliano.’

‘You idiot! That thing must be the one he was talking about. And she just kills her own guy without hesitation, and not to mention, the one she’s looking for already went through the portal. Wait, then why is she coming at me? Shouldn’t she be going after him?!’

Readying my axe as she approaches closer and closer, sweat dripped on the side of my cheek. My legs started to tremble, but then suddenly, my heart dropped as the second I blink my eyes, a short and gentle shockwave blew at me. She’s already in front of me. Her shining blue eyes scattered like a broken moon, I thought they were beautiful.

*SLASH*

*Thud *Tink *Tink

“Huh?”

My eyes widened as I felt an instant surging pain coming from one of my arms. I glanced down to see my hand still grabbing onto my axe, but my whole arm is on the ground. I see blood spills.

“Haaaaaaaaaaagh!”

It’s no longer there. My arm has been separated from my body.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!”

Pain. It hurts. I can’t even think of how much.

She grabs my head, pulling my hair to lift my face to see hers. But then she tilts her head down and pulls her thundering spear.

*STAB*

My eyes widened once more as I feel a surging pain coming from my stomach. I can feel a gaping hole in the center of my belly.

The spear's blade. I didn’t know it was this big, I have to remove it I thought, but it kept getting deeper and deeper. It might have even gone through; I couldn’t even tell. But then I caught a glance at the wielder. With the spear, she lifts me up high.

*Clack *Clack

Wait, “Huh?”

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

***

[Existence]

[Before the land of humanity rose to its prosperity, the nameless world was on fire. Dread filled the ocean, chaos seeped through the forest, and terror dominates the skies]

[Within each of them holds the great entity known as the Kings]

[That who rules the sky, the Dragon King]

[That who rules the forest, the Spirit King]

[That who rules the ocean, the End King]

[And That who rule the land, the Demon King]

[Upon the start of their appearance, chaos ensues. The descendants of the kings follow their will and thus started the Great War where many falls. Each king has their own perspective of the world and their own method to end that war]

[As generations passed, their view began to change. Both the Dragon King and the Demon King remain to only have one ruler while the Spirit King and the End King both have split into many. Spirit Kings divide their descendants and differentiate themselves as Human, Elven, and Dwarven. End Kings merely divide their own and later be known as the Nine Harbingers]

[But, an even greater chaos erupts. Within the domain of the ocean, the End Kings try to conquer one another. This event being at the bottom of the abyss made it unknown to the rest of the world. The event that ultimately decides which is the Great End King]

[The nameless world that once is lonesome now exists many, not even the descendants ever know]

--// Page 4/111 – Black Devil Book \\ --

***

! {Warning}

~ {Kernel System has been infected}

~ {Connection to the Server has been interrupted}

~ {Troubleshooting…}

~ {…}

! {Troubleshooting Complete}

~ {Connection to the Server has been Established}

~ {Checking Kernel System Condition…}

~ {…}

~ {No Issue Detected}

~ {Checking the User's Mental Condition…}

~ {…}

! {Error}

~ {Unable to measure User’s Mental Condition}

~ {Please Logout of the System Immediately}

“Ngh, what… 5 more minutes please…”

My eyes peeled, “Wait!”

“What the!” glancing left and right aggressively, “Where the hell am I?”

Sitting on a smooth table made of stone. On the front, I see nothing but a door. The walls are old with a few cracks in them. On the right, I see a set of armor. Same as the left, except, it’s cloth instead of steel. But I somehow feel like I’ve seen that dragon armor before.

‘Wait, it’s from that one guardian on the west gate. It’s one of the most unique pieces in the world so this place might be where the guardian came from. Maybe their spawn point.’

‘Oh? I can think that now. What about developers? Yes!’

‘What about Travelers? Nope, still can’t even think of saying, Travelers.’

‘In any case, where am I exactly?’

As I was about to get off the table.

“Where did you think you’re going?” walking out of the shadow behind me is a tall woman with dark blue skin. Her blue iris scattered like broken glass. She says, “Stay put.”

My cheeks puffed and my butt seated.

‘Naked woman spotted. NAKED WOMAN SPOTTED!’

‘BUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THOSE BOOBA BIIIIIIIIIIIG! And those abs! Buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! A lot of Travelers-made avatars usually have weird-looking shapes to them, and some even almost too unrealistic that it even hurts to see, but THIS!’

‘Awawawawa me wanna sock those tiddies. Me wanna sniff dat navel, and me definitely wanna lick dat PP.’

‘…’

‘Wait.’

Long, veiny, and extremely rigid.

‘PP?!’

(((φ(◎ロ◎)φ)))

“Hm? You want to feel it?”

*Gasp*

“C-Can I?!”

She grins, “Maybe some other time.”

"Awww."

Walking closer, approaching me. She lightly touches my shoulder and put her arm around me as she seated beside me. I can smell the wonderful scent coming from her armpit and how her muscle wraps around the back of my neck. It made me swallow my saliva.

“You’ve been out for some time, Traveler…”

But then suddenly, another naked woman emerged from the shadow. Bringing with her a pitch-black slime in her palm. It is an easily recognizable monster for me as I’ve witnessed it many times in my past life. One that gives me so much trouble to deal with as there is almost no way to defeat that thing with ordinary methods.

The Death Slimes.

“What say you lie down for a moment?”

5