Chapter 25 – A Knight to Behold
76 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You don’t think it’s exhausting? Living a perfect life, being the perfect successor they wanted me to be. Would it hurt them to give me Leon just for a few more years?”

The me in the mirror saying whatever she likes.

“I always wanted to ask them. Why Rosa? I was the one who got to him first, so why her? I could still carry Mithra’s name even if I have 5 lovers licking my feet, and yet—”

“Clearly, you’re not me,” interrupting her, “Unlike you, I know what love is. Rakuri and Kurira, those two are enough. I love them.”

Staring at an empty space above. Her cold arrogant expression turns lifeless, “What went wrong? I used to have everything.”

“A caring mother, a hardworking father,”

Shudder, my chest tightening.

“A loving grandfather, and one-of-a-kind sister.”

My fist clenched.

“I saw us all together, the glimpse of us in the future. How we would laugh all day without much of a care in the world. How my mother would pat my head when I smile at her, how I would climb on my father’s back – hanging onto his muscles, or how my grandfather feeds me potato chips while I’m sitting on his lap, or maybe even…”

“… Rosa, hugging me through a big teddy bear she brought.”

Seeing her cry gritted my teeth.

“Why did I ruin it?”

*SMASH*

*C-R-A-S-H*

Mirror wall turning splinters.

My chest feels tight as my knuckles bleed. Now I’m truly alone in this place. The darkness enveloped me like a blanket. And yet, it was still cold.

“Heh.”

“Just because you’re being a reflection, a mirror, doesn’t mean you are me. With you merely copying me, no matter how much you see, you will never understand.”

I ponder about the method to get out of this dream. But my thoughts are unable to run, so I just walk through the splinters of sharp glass cutting the bottom of my feet. But I feel no pain. The same as this bleeding knuckle of mine. It’s nice, being immune to pain for once in a while.

Into the darkness, I go.

***

! {Blessing of the Purgatory has been Received}

~ {Once a day, at a random interval, you will receive a permanent Secondary Attributes increase based on your contribution to the Purgatory Realm}

I open my eyes to see the faint reflection of myself from the blood on the floor, there are none of those freckles I got back in the real world, so I realized that I have gotten out of that dream. The endless dream where I walk for I don’t know how long. But then, I sense a bit of comfort from something brushing my head. Looking up, I see a hooded skeleton’s dot of an eye flares up in silver. Somehow, they look warm.

! {Unending Contract to the Abyss has been Established}

! {Blessing of the Abyss}

~ {Active Effect: Experience Gain has been Reduced by 95% | Permanent}

~ {Innate Ability: Immortality / Rank 1 / Defy death upon reaching 0% Health}

~ {Skill: Abyssal Touch / Tier 1 – Basic / Dark / Weaken the target, reducing their Endurance by 10%. Slightly drain all of their Primary Attributes until they are fully depleted / Cooldown: None / Costs: None}

! {New Mail has been Received}

With his bony fingers, the skeleton brushes my hair aside, making my sight clear. As he lifts his body, I heard the disturbing voice once more, “Stand.”

“Ah.”

I wondered if he pats my head beforehand. Before I stood, my eyes caught the bottom of his robe touching the blood on the floor. I took off my top and clean that up for him. Although there is nothing I can do with the parts that are already drenched, at least I can keep the blood off him.

“…”

I may be topless but I doubt anyone would glance at this body.

“Stand.”

“Ah, yes.”

Noticing the empty throne, ‘So, he left it just like that. Even though the others are still here.’

“Ludtleth believes that you are not a Traveler, but a Wanderer. Regardless of your circumstances, you are weak. Before you can be of any use to us or the undead god himself, you shall better yourself,” walking towards the throne and stopping after taking the stairs, “Malice.”

The black knight bows deeply.

“Take her with you. Let her familiarize herself with the castle.”

She nods. Although her movements are imposing, I’ve seen what’s inside that armor so it makes me at ease that she will be the one to take care of me. At least, that’s what I assume.

“Avarice, I have a task for you.”

Glancing back, I wonder when will I be a part of them. The long corridor and the silent babe I have next to me make the walks seem longer than it supposed to be.

‘In the end, I decided to join them.’

‘Ludwig, Warrior of the Abyss. I thought for sure that he was a mage. I’m sure it was. I wonder what happened between now and then.’

Suddenly, I bumped into Malice’s back.

“Ughyak!”

“?”

“What’s wrong, Malice?”

Suddenly,

*BAM*

She pushed me against the wall!

“Muhuh?! M-Malice? Is everything okay?”

*Clank *Clank

She took off her helmet and holds me. Leaning her face close and pressed her lips against mine. Awestruck, fluffy feeling in my heart. I return her kiss as we make out under the blue light from the moon shining through the corridor.

Our shadows as she rips my clothes and sucks my neck.

“Ahh.”

A bit of moan I let out as she touches my bare skin. The nonexistent fat, she touched them too, “Kyah!” I can’t even believe how sensitive I am.

‘Ahhhhh, I don't have them tiddies. Me wanna touch them BOBA! Give me yoar tiddies!’

*Grope *Grope

‘Noooooooooooooo! Not the armor!’

“…”

But then she hugged me up and we continue to kiss as she once again, walk through the corridor. I see her helmet that is lying on the floor, how terrifying it is versus the face I’m making out right now. They are truly worlds apart.

Malice, is far more beautiful than that.

4