Chapter 35 – Terra-beak Raptor
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wind blows in the heat of the sun. I kept thinking about how big this world is yet how empty despite that. But thanks to the provisions I bought from that guy, the heat is bearable.

*Gulp *Gulp *Gulp

Drinking from the flask, “Pwah,” I sighed, “Haa… I need a mount.”

‘I got a new spell that can summon a creature, but I’m too tired to learn it now. Plus, I doubt it’ll be something that I need,’ then I remembered those chicken things, ‘Right, I need to find one.’

I regretted turning them all into my meal.

Halting my step, I took a deep breath as I calm my mind, “Alright,” slowly opened my [Lucid Eyes], “Maxima Appraisal.”

One ought to think of how tiers are implemented to an evolving spell. There are three paths to which a spell can evolve. First is triggering a condition, for example, [Siphon], a spell that can consume all three attributes at the same time, but when the user keeps using a lot of Mana and constantly absorbing in excess of the other two attributes, it becomes [Mana Siphon].

The second is infusion. It’s where a spell can be enhanced with an element that boosts or even changes its effect entirely, for example, using [Siphon] at lava to absorb its attribute – it’s not possible – but doing it long enough and it will become [Lava Siphon] which will make it possible to do so and whenever one uses it on lava, their body will receive protection of flame for a while, but the infusion nulls the previous ability to consume attributes from a creature.

The last is the simplest, most straightforward path but the hardest to get right. And that is evolving the tier of the spell. Letting Tier 3 [Siphon] become Tier 5 [Greater Siphon] by constantly practicing and using it without triggering any condition of evolution. Once the proficiency is enough, it will evolve into the higher tier version of itself whenever the user has enough attributes to use it. Such as the Tier 8 [Mega Siphon] to Tier 10 [Maxima Siphon].

Or even the peak version of itself, the Tier 11 [Siphon Overdrive].

“Detection. Mana Vision.”

So, what is the difference now between a Tier 2 [Appraisal] and a Tier 10 [Maxima Appraisal]? Right now, I’m seeing every object in my line of sight having a floating window above them detailing their entire information. Including the far away ones that need me to squint my eyes to see them in detail, but thanks to [Mana Vision] however, I can view the majority of them, but adding [Detection] on top of those two. The amount of information in my eyes can literally blind people and nullify their minds but I can’t help myself but laugh at it.

If I were to glance somewhere right now, I’ll faint. Blinking once more, I decided to deactivate everything and reactivate only the [Maxima Appraisal] and [Mana Vision]. This I can handle as I always have these two active all the time back in my previous life except I have the maxed out version of the former, the Tier 11 [Appraisal Overdrive].

‘The fact that they don’t consume anything after passing Tier 8 is awesome. Self-sustaining spells like these are truly underrated. Then again, it’s because people can’t handle them. Skill issue.’

A presence finally tickles the edge of my eyes, coming from the west. A group of birds scattered in the distance, ‘If only I have [Hawk Eyes] too.’

Not being able to zoom in as I want is truly inconvenient, so I had to go there myself.

Sharp beak, two sapphire eyes. Black feather on its chest, white feather on its body. Standing on two long legs with huge puncturing claws extending from their feet.

! {Appraisal}

~ {Terra-Beak Raptor / Level 89 / Reptile / Health: 21.000 / Mana: 1000 / Stamina: 32.000 / Attack: 300 / Defense: 50 / Innate Ability: [Greater Fire Resist] [Lightweight] [Cries of the Pack] [Power Slash] [Strengthened Pierce] [Earth Spike] [Haste]}

“Hmm, how do I tame one of those? They’re all above 80.”

The general rule of thumb is you need to be at least 1.5x higher level than the creature you want to tame, and there are a few methods one can use to do it if they are not a beast tamer. One that I know I can do is feed it until it likes you or torture it until it fears you.

“Nah, no way.”

“I’m not gonna give 'em my food!”

“I’ll just force you guys to give me a ride!!”

Jumping on them. I wanted to land on the back of one, but it suddenly turns its head towards me and blasted my body with a shockwave crying out of its mouth.

*K-Kaaaaaawwwwww *Bwooooooosh

The deafening sound followed by an impactful wind blowing me away, “Ignition!” rotating in the air as a burst of flame swirl when I land. Without wasting time, I run towards them with my hands wide open! Welcoming their attack!

“Come, chicky chicky chicky.”

*K-Kaaaaaawwwwww*

*K-Kaaaaaawwwwww*

*K-Kaaaaaawwwwww*

“Bah! Trying to push me from all sides now? What, you want me to faint from this?”

But then suddenly one raises its feet and stomps them. I can still see every one of their status windows so of course, I expect those spikes coming at me, “Wall of Stone!”

Pushing me up but the spikes are growing even to the side of the wall and coming straight to its surface, I had no choice but to get away and land right on the back of the raptor.

*K-Kaaaaaawwwwww*

“Hmph,” resisting the wind with all my might, “Haha! I gotcha!”

*Bak *Bak *Bak

Pecking me.

{-200}

{-200}

{-200}

“Ow, ow, owwww! Stop doing that, I feel weird since there’s no pain in it, but please stahp!” grabbing its thin scaled neck, I blow it with my own flaming echo, “Combustion!”

*Bwoooooooosh*

Staggered, the reptile chicken suffers a concussion, but I don’t plan to let it rest. Pulling the back of its head and smacking the side of its stomach with my foot.

*K-Kaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww *Bwooosh

The waving flame radiating out of my body often covers my eyes, but I can see the flow of this battle clearly, “Trying to save your friend? Haha, don’t worry. I won’t kill her.”

Gasping as I hold my breath deeper, “Combustion!”

*BWOOOOOOOOOOOSH*

“Heheh,” pulling my new mount’s head to the south, “See ya!”

When it uses [Haste], it speeds up its movement and I bail out from all those reptile chickens with my new temporary companion giving me a ride to my unknown destination.

2