Chapter 38 – Book of the Unknown
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Descending a level from the entrance of the ruin, I see no light, not even a single candle or a punch hole through anything, leaving me to use [Ignition] on my right hand as a torch. Staircase, I walked down expecting danger, but there’s nothing here. Except, a marking on the walls, some kind of symbol portraying many planets with starry clouds above, presumable, the galaxy.

“What is this place?”

{A relic from ancient times. They once said it was a place of worship}

“Hunh, and who are they?”

{Elves}

Narrow foundation connecting the staircase to another. Glancing at the open space both on my right and left side. I don't dare to lean away to look at the depth, ‘Oof. I’d be dead if I fall here.’

“A place of worship. If it’s Elven, does it mean the fairies? Like the God of Fairies?”

{The Spirit King}

“…” narrowing my eyes down, I ponder, ‘So, we’re not talking about the recent ancient time, but rather, the old ancient time. The topic of the four kings rarely ever comes out of people’s mouths.’

{As far as I remember, this temple used to be surrounded not by a desert but by a forest}

“Was it part of the Great Forest of Sylph?”

{No. That place was called that long after}

“What happened?”

{The Divine Order laid waste upon that land. Turning it into what it is today in the war against the Demon King. Regardless, you must obtain the book. I believe it contains something related to The Unknown. Have you ever heard of the term, Idle-State?}

“Uhh? Like standing still?”

“Wait a minute, I can’t follow. What War? And huh? Demon King? I mean okay, but the Divine Order is ruled by a human god, right? It stems from the same root, the Spirit King, so why would they destroy their allies, the Elves, and turns this place into this?”

{You sounded just like a real Wanderer. Or maybe you’re just an ignorant fool}

“Mean!”

{Alliance is made to accomplish a goal, working together towards it, but by no means one will share the same views as the other. One of the many such examples is the ruin you're in. Despite already having many gods that can be chosen to grant a blessing from, they chose to worship another being. One who is revered even by the gods themselves}

‘Well, I guess it’s just like me then. I didn’t worship any of the gods, but rather, I chose to worship one of the End Kings called Konig. Even though I didn’t get a blessing from it, I did gain the Chronomancy Magic through the Unique Quest related to that one.”

{One speaks of magical occurrences where one of the worshippers often levitates in the air, calling a powerful storm that can last for days. They don’t eat, they don’t drink, they just stay floating in the air as if they are sleeping in the comfort of the wind constantly being rotated by it. That is the so-called Idle-State, a method of prayer presumably used by the original worshipper of the Spirit King}

‘…’ puffing my cheeks, ‘She seems to be enthusiastic about these things. I never even prayed once in my past life. I wonder if I should have?’

‘Whatever, let's just focus on the task at hand.'

Upon arrival to the bottom floor, music and a melancholic humbling symphony of men were rumbling in my head. Signaling my arrival at the special place.

! {You have entered a Safe Zone}

~ {Gaia’s Tooth}

Narrowing my eyes down, ‘Gaia?’

‘So, it is elven.’

Non-combat areas, Safe Zone. They are usually only available where major cities lie. It’s a place where restrictions apply to players. Combat will be met with heavy consequences by either the gods or the Divine Order, but it also protects players from encountering any monsters. So, it made me ponder, ‘What an odd decision to make this a safe zone. In this empty desert where no activities are available, I would wager that none of the Travelers will even consider spending time in this place.’

I remember that I’ll be getting a starter pack once I entered a safe zone, but apparently, it seems that that too is bugged which I assumed because this place doesn’t really count as a Safe Zone. Sighing as I thought, ‘Probably just some food or some other trash anyway.’

Then suddenly, my [Ignition] extinguished.

{You’re close}

My eyes peeled as I peek at my Profile Status still seeing there was some mana left.

‘Anti-magic field.’

Encountering such a high-tiered spell makes me nervous. It’s dark, this place. Even after my eyes adjusted to it, hardly any light remotely lit.

“Hesso Neampha…”

*Fwoosh*

My eyes widened as a hush of whisper blew into my ear. Glancing to the right, I see no one, the same as the left and behind me. But then, when I faced the front, I heard chanting. It’s like from both sides of me, more than a dozen people chanting incomprehensible words at me.

“Hesso Naempha Le he De So Hemma Naempha Le Me Ra…”

I can’t move as the voice is powerful enough to stun me. Listening to every word spoken makes my head wobble, but it reminds me of something. The encounter I had in my past life as a worshipper of the End King. I was tasked to deliver some unconscious people through different realms and place them in many different parts of Ekolia. In a few instances, some of them were full of people already waiting for me. Hooded old men with skin already deteriorated to an unrecognizable degree.

“Hateke Me Ra Hashi si No se Ha Ma Re Tedoso…”

All chanting the same thing they are now, with vigor.

“Hesso Naempha La Ma Re Tekko He So Nemera. Be Le Heso Oh Tekke…”

Feeling veins pop in my eyes, widening as I bit my tongue. Letting it bleed as I let the dark orb in my hand fall. I took a step forward but a sudden shockwave blew my mind from all directions. But, I won’t let my eyes roll out from this. Anxious, enough to a point that it’s making me mad. It’s similar to what happened when I and Avarice meet Replica, but this, I don’t think these things are doing something to me, rather, they’re doing something for me. And I don't like it at all.

“Gido Sessho Ha Shi Bi. Be Le Hesho Hatika…”

This, I don’t like it. I don’t like any of this. So, I walk further until every single chanting is behind me. But as I walk, I’m starting to lose consciousness.

“Hesso Naempha He De So Hemma Naempha Le Me Ra…”

“Hesso Naempha He De So Hemma Naempha Le Me Ra…”

“Hesso Naempha He De So Hemma Naempha Le Me Ra…”

“Hesso Naempha He De So Hemma Naempha Le Me Ra…”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

“SASSHHI TEKKO MA MA RE! HASHI NE MA HASHIHA!”

I feel my feet no longer touch the ground.

“HERA HOSO HEMORA!”

“HERA HOSO HEMORA!”

“HERA HOSO HEMORA!”

“HASHE TO SHO MEMORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-----------------------///|\\\\\\\\\\----------------------EEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR|\\\OOOOOOOOO\\\\|=========RRRRR/////////////////////|\\\\\\\\EEEEEEEEEEE----------------------------------||||||||||/========\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\.......!”

***

! {Warning}

~ {Critical System Services has ceased to function}

~ {Initiating Reboot}

~ {...}

~ {Reboot Failed}

~ {Troubleshooting...}

~ {...}

~ {Failed}

~ {Unable to Identify the Error}

~ {Retrying...}

~ {Failed 1/7}

~ {Retrying...}

~ {Failed 2/7}

~ {Failed 3/7}

~ {Failed 4/7}

~ {Failed 5/7}

~ {Failed 6/7}

! {Error C-RS-01 has been identified}

~ {Resolving...}

~ {Failed}

~ {Retrying...}

! {Error has been Resolved}

~ {Profile: Siola Mithra - has been Restored}

~ {Critical System Services Online}

~ {Connecting to the Server}

~ {Failed}

~ {Retrying...}

~ {Failed 1/7}

~ {Retrying...}

~ {Failed 2/7}

~ {Failed 3/7}

~ {Failed 4/7}

~ {Failed 5/7}

~ {Failed 6/7}

~ {Failed 7/7}

~ {Troubleshooting...}

~ {Error E-RM0 has been Identified}

~ {Resolving...}

~ {Server Connection has been Established}

! {Profile: Siola Mithra}

~ {Security Patch Applied: C-RS-E0}

~ {User's ability to connect to the internet via Capsule has been restricted}

~ {User's ability to connect to the internet via Menu has been restricted}

~ {User's ability to access the System's World Services has been restricted}

~ {New Tag applied: NPC}

~ {Realism Mode has been Removed}

~ {Non-Player Mode has been Added}

~ {C-RS-E1 Pre-Patch has been applied}

2