Chapter 0 – A Party of Three
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A hologram lit up in the dark, it’s a window, a screen – showing the profile of the one who has willed it to open. The one fixing her white coned hat decorated with ominous jewels.

===== Profile Status =====

Statistics
Name: Dola / Level: 8604 / Class: Priest / Primary Title: Devotee of the Great End King

Primary Attributes
Health: 160.000 (7.288.540.000) | Mana: 12.153.002 | Stamina: 3.000
Max Health: 160.000 | Max Mana: 5.000.000 (8.000.000) | Max Stamina: 3.000

Secondary Attributes
Strength: 20 / Dexterity: 20 / Endurance: 6.000
Vitality: 5.000 / Agility: 60
Intelligence: 80.000 / Faith: 80.000 / Luck: 1.000

===== Profile Status =====

Reflected across her silver eyes. Her warm look, almost saddened by the sight in front of her. She hums, grunting, pondering about something.

“Looking good it seems. If there’s a hidden effect that’s gonna pop up after that attack, it should’ve shown up by now. What about you guys? All good?”

Shifting her attention to the others, two women soaked in sticky liquid. One is wearing an extremely revealing robe and a pointy hat while the other has all her skin but her eyes covered.

{Kurira, Woman of the Hour | Lv. 6699 | Transcendental Purity: Eternal}

{Rakuri, Shadow's Hand | Lv. 5826 | Transcendental Purity: Eternal}

The latter coughs, “We would be if a certain fireball didn't suddenly just explode right where I landed.”

“Hey, could’ve at least pretended you were paying attention. The chimera was supposed to be one landing there, not your thicc ass hide. Now look at us, gotta clean up all this shit.”

Rakuri scoff, “Damn Realism Mode,” her eyes wander to Dola, “Well, at least the one who mattered is unaffected. You’re okay there, hon?”

“Hm?” turning her head with her eyes glued to the screen, “Yeah. No lost levels, no curses, guess it was just a regular ol’ chimera.”

Kurira waves and spins her hands in the air. Water downpour both her and Rakuri, cleaning all the blood and dirt off of their body. Approaching Dola with a ball of fire in her hand, it acts as a heat source once she lets go, letting it stay floating in the air – warming them up.

“Hmm, thought it was a unique one considering its look.”

“Undead, yeah. But oddly enough, no.”

“Have you checked your CS?”

“Let’s see…”

===== Combat Status =====

Equipment
[Staff] Alca Vivi Prototype Necromancy Rod 01
[Helmet] Alca Vivi Priestess Hat
[Outer Torso] Alca Vivi Priestess Robe
[Gloves] Alca Vivi Priestess Wraps
[Boots] Alca Vivi Priestess Boots
[Ring 01-08] Mage Ring (Mythic)
[Ring 09] Catty’s Cat Lucky Charm
[Ring 10] Bond - Rakuri

Active Effect
(Permanent-Bound) Konig’s Boon, null the effect of all types of mind-control
(Permanent-Bound) Blessing of the Divine Order, damage from undead becomes damage over-time. Restoration magic restoring health has a 20% boost to effectiveness.
(Permanent-Bound) Reverse Point-State, excess healing now becomes secondary health. Restoration magic use on self now requires 255x the amount of Mana to cast. Remove overheal limits.
(Permanent) Lover’s Embrace, increases experience gain by 12%.

Body Condition
Physical Attack: 400 (+10) / Physical Defense: 140 (+3.000)
Magical Attack: 32.000 (+40.000) / Magical Defense: 28.000 (+3.000)
Health Regeneration: 501 / Mana Regeneration: 8.501 / Stamina Regeneration: 1.101

===== Combat Status =====

“My necklace and navel-piercing are gone.”

“Ouch.”

“No, I don’t really care. Vivi still owes me lots so I can just ask her to make more. But the fact that it managed to destroy those items can only mean that—”

“Hexes.”

Both nodded in understanding.

While the two talk Rakuri has changed into a similar outfit except heavier on the load with metal plates on both shoulders and a metal mask engraved in a sign, Alca Vivi, attached to the lower half of her face. She awaited Kurira’s self-ponder as she took a seat by Dola’s side.

The two share eye contact and a smile. Dola can see it even behind Rakuri’s mask. Rakuri let her rest on her bosom as Dola prowled through her ability status.

===== Ability Status =====

Allocated Abilities
[Skills - Locked]
[Arts 01] True Art of Chronomancy, enhance cast the next Chronomancy Magic. While casting, deflect all incoming projectiles and shield the user up to Tier 10 – Maxima destruction magic. Double Mana Regeneration and restore Health to 100%, unaffected if overhealed. Requires Concentration.
[Art 02] Transcendental Law of the Divine Order, divine cast the next Restoration Magic and holy-attributed Destruction Magic. While casting, creates Tier 10 – Maxima [Divine Shield], and negates all incoming projectiles up to Tier 10 – Maxima destruction magic. Casted spells will require no cost. Restore Health by 100% of Maximum Health. Requires concentration.
[Aspect – Locked]
[Miracles] Bell Tolls, conjure a giant clock bound to the caster. At 03:00, Allies within the area are healed up to 90% of their Maximum Health. At 06:00, All Primary Attributes Regeneration increased by 6000 for 10 Minutes. At 09:00, reduce all Spell’s Mana consumption by 80% for 3 Minutes.

Allocated Spells
[Slot 1] Turn Undead, exorcise an undead-type enemy. Dealing holy damage. Can be charged up to Tier 10 – Maxima, consuming Mana up to 200.000 points.
[Slot 2] Grand Circle of Purity, creates a three-layered circle of divine flame, each moving independently from one another. Dealing immense damage to undead. Lasts for 10 minutes or until all divine flames are extinguished. Requires 300.000 Mana to cast.
[Slot 3] Holy Spear, conjures up to 6 spectral spears, dealing significant holy damage. Can be charged up to Tier 7 – Maxima, consuming Mana up to 15.000.
[Slot 4] Heal, restore health. Can be charged up to Tier 10 – Maxima, restoring up to 100% of Maximum Health and consuming up to 10.000 mana. Health Restoration above Tier 5 – Master, overheal the target up to 100% of their Maximum Health but reduce their Health Regeneration by up to 80%. Tier 9 – Ultima and above no longer reduce Health Regeneration.
[Slot 5] Life Distortion, cracks open space of a living entity and twists its reality. Dealing astronomical damage. Requires [True Art of Chronomancy] [Bell Tolls] [Kita – Guardian] Active.
[Slot 6] Kita – Guardian, when the [Bell Tolls] at 00:00, automatically consumes 10.000.000 of excess healing to conjure the Lost Keeper of Time. Enabling the user to cast Tier 11 – Overdrive of all Chronomancy Magic. While the guardian is present, all spells and miracles can be cast at no cost.

===== Ability Status =====

“Think it’s a good setup?” asked Dola.

“Mhm. I doubt you’ll be needing the Holy Spear with us around, but it can’t hurt to have an alternative just in case. If only you’d take in a regular spell caster subclass though, maybe a mage or sorcerer. Having something like a shield active at all times would be nice, no?”

Puffing her cheeks, “Multiclassing’s a pain.”

Poking Dola’s cheeks softly, “Yet you went through all the trouble in the world just to get a passive you hardly ever use.”

“Buh!” turning around to plant her face on Rakuri’s bosom, “I’m immortal now! Nothing can kill me unless I let it happen! Plus, I can do big spells now!”

Dola notices the plumpiness of Rakuri’s bosom, poking the soft materials of her armor. The one thing that is on her mind is that it's realistic. Muffled, she says, “Things will only get worse from here. You two climbed this high up, but there’s still nothing. You oughta go back, play with me like the usual.”

“And I will, Dola. I promise. It’s just that no one has been able to reach max level in this mode, we have to be the first. With you, I’m sure we can. We’ll be able to reach the Capital then.”

“Capital…”

“Don’t you want to see it?” smiling as Rakuri hugs her, “Lush Forest, bountiful fields, real grass and flowers, unpolluted air, a place so pristine you’d forget that there’s a world exists beyond it. A place where you can have both respect and peace without worrying about anything in the world. Living the rest of your days with the one you love. That’s you for me.”

Dola sees the gentle warmth oozing from Rakuri’s eyes. Gently she caresses her cheek.

“All right, love birds. We gotta move.”

Lifting her body up, robotically, Dola asks, “So, how’re we doing this?”

Past this gloomy fortress lies a whole army of indescribable monsters. At the center of them all, is a gigantic portal. Chaotic black and blue thunder crackles within as it oozes the aura of death.

“None of them are low-level pipsqueak, so we gotta be smart about this. I’ll bring out my TA deck and reduce their numbers. All their aggro will be on me so Dola can come in and make the portal accessible for us. But there’s a bit of a problem.”

“Those Hexes.”

“Yes. When one slips out of aggro, you won’t be turning any deadheads with that mech up and about. The problem is, we don’t know where and what mob causing it. So, either hope they’re gone by my Tiamat or do your damnest to keep your head low. Rakuri will be invis at all times while making sure you do your job, and I won’t be far. You can close it as soon as you ping me but not a moment before, you understand?”

Suddenly a buzzing noise from behind. A fly monster, but extremely large with tentacles flailing out of its eyes. More are blocking their path forward.

“Well, that’s our cue. I’ll be going ahead. You’ll come with me, sis.”

Rakuri tilts her head, “But I thought I should be protecting Dola here.”

“When Tiamat is up. You’ll have to thin up the pack in the meantime. Or what, you two’re gonna be busily scissoring each other while I’m out there trying not to get killed?”

Walking past her, Rakuri shrugs, “You’d do just fine. But fine, can’t do anything without your big sis, huh.”

“I’m the older one.”

“I have the bigger tits.”

“Clearly that’s all your intellect goes to.”

Kurira flew. Going ahead while being semi-transparent. Leaving Rakuri’s fuming as she was unable to make another retort. She sighs. She turns her back once more to see Dola preparing to get ready against the flying monsters. When their eyes met, the two smiled once more.

“How about a dinner after this, hmm? Tymba just opened up a place by the metro.”

Raising her arms up, “Hnnngh, I’ll have spaghetti and meatballs!”

Chuckles, Rakuri's heart touched. A smile before disappearing into thin air leaving a wave of dust. All the fly monsters sped up their movement, charging towards Dola.

“All right, you shitBUGS. I’m gonna touch that real grass but y’all are in my way.”

Lifting her staff strongly, she charges up a spell as the tip of the staff glows in radiant light.

“Grand Circle of Purity.”

Within a 15-meter radius, light shone all around her. Drawing complex lines and forming a seal until a second later, they shatter into three floating hoops of flame in an 8-12-15 meter radius. They rotate independently from one another, protecting the one at the center. They move with her.

Dola charges onward, swinging her staff down, she charges up a spell once more. This time, without saying its name, a bolt of flaming light appears at the tip of her staff. Upon swinging it, the bolt zapped the fly monster the second it was thrown.

More and more, she constantly zaps one after the other with [Holy Spear] before charging up all 6 bolts and releasing it all at once. Clearing her path forward.

Then, fire spews from beyond the wall. Menacing red as it spills lava everywhere as it spreads all over the place. Soon, a large number of small notification windows repeatedly appearing.

{+80.000 Exp}

{+40.000 Exp}

{+40.000 Exp}

{+5.000 Exp}

{+8…}

‘Tiamat Alpha Deck. Kurira’s signature AOE combo. Pretty much using all the allocated slots to buff up [Hellfire Sea], a spell that requires the user to concentrate but can easily disrupted.’

“Been a while since I’ve seen it.”

Mangled corpses scorched, the aftermath of TA Deck. Rakuri is nowhere to be seen, but Dola never doubted for a second where she might be.

And there she is, the portal leading towards the unknown. Kurira pulls the countless number of monsters to abandon their posts. Roaring and howling were yelled out loud, but it sparked no fear in Dola’s determination to get to the portal and have it open.

Sparks and crackling, upon getting close to the portal, Dola sees a mess of complex stars within a cortex. She aligns them slowly, neatly. And from high up, Kurira noticed her expression. Her focused look on the task at hand made Kurira’s eyes weary, but she quickly snapped back after hearing a roar. Some of the monsters managed to shift their attention away from her.

Attacking Dola, but quickly dismissed by an invisible attack, killing them. It was Rakuri.

“Done! Let’s go!” yelled Dola.

The portal is open. Dola and Rakuri quickly enter and let the portal shut on its own but Kurira’s swift and precise control of her flight ability manages to bring her into the portal before it closes. A hand greeted her afterward, and a smile of one Dola soothed her adrenaline.

“Where…” her eyes wander, “What the hell is this place?”

An empty hallway, dark and gloomy. Behind them is a solid wall. There are no windows, nothing but a red carpet that leads to a door on the other end.

“Never heard of this,” said Dola, “We might just be the first ones to discover this place. If there’s a big bad guy on the other side, at this level too, it might just be our ticket to the Capital.”

“Pfft, as if it would be that easy,” said Kurira.

“Just think about it. There are not that many occasions where you had to pull out your TA Deck and certainly not many that would also require me to keep my favorite spell in my pocket. If this blew up on Tymba, we might not even have to go tournaments anymore.”

Kurira’s eyes widened. Narrowed to a slit, “After all the shit we’ve been through to get a slot? The fuck are you talking about?”

Tension, rose suddenly.

“I’m saying we got an option here. Think about it, people earn millions – streaming and making videos. And a lot of them can go to the Capital.”

“Like what? You want us to entertain people? Be their party clown till the day we die? The moment we take a break, they just gonna find another party clown to keep them occupied. That’s no respect, Dola.”

“But it’s not all about that. The Capital, that’s the destination.”

“And what are you gonna be remembered about? The girl who found this uncharted content in Ekolia, the girl who is funny, lovely, and so down to earth. Charities, celebrities, interviews. You of all people know that this, all of this, is not about the destination.”

Frown, a slight tinge to her emotion.

“Guys, come on. Let’s continue this later, yeah? Dola, you can record this. It’s not every day we find something new, it might be worth something down the line. And Kurira—”

“Shut it.”

“…” breathing out, “Come on, nothing is set in stone yet. And there is no way we’re going to dip out of the tournament now of all times. Right, Dola?”

Hesitant, she nods.

“Come on. Change your deck too, sis. Maybe we’re really gonna be facing off some big bad guy after all,” shifting her eyes to Dola. She chuckles and by extension Rakuri as well.

A deep sigh was let out by Kurira. She joins the party once more while shuffling her spells, allocating them in preparation for the worst-case scenario.

The door on the other end is oozing out a cold aura. It’s chilling the hallway but only Kurira and Rakuri can feel this freezing atmosphere. Something ominous is on the other side of that door. But none of them are afraid of it. Far from it. They are excited as to what they will uncover.

In between them is Dola, her eyes as bright as ever. They see how that delicate hand grips the shaft of a staff much taller than her. Soft bliss. Whatever tension is left between the three dissipates, just like that. Onward, to what lies beyond.

0