Chapter 218. The recoil force is huge! But also strong!
61 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regardless of whether Bunny is bragging or not.

After listening to his words, Brother Levin immediately turned around and went back to the workshop next door, and pushed out a 20mm machine gun that had just been assembled with a trolley.

Excitedly returning to Bunny, he said with bright eyes.

"Brother, let's try it. If you can really carry this thing and shoot it, we will try to make what you said!"

It doesn't make any sense to make a weapon that most people can't use. It is impossible for No. 81 Steel Factory to open a production line exclusively for a certain player.

But on the other hand, if this outrageous weapon can be used, it can make a lot of money!

20mm barrels and ammunition are readily available.

It is not difficult to turn the bolt-type lock, just change it to an enlarged version of the receiver of the Arbiter I-type bolt-action rifle!

There are at least two to three hundred players of the power system in the server, and at least half of them will be awakened in a month.

What a market that must be!

Thinking of this, Brother Levin became excited.

Hearing Brother Levin's proposal, Bunny thought it made sense, so he readily agreed.

"Okay!"

After all, Bunny didn't procrastinate, he reached out and picked up the cannon weighing nearly 50 kilograms, and strode outside.

The strength of the power system is indeed not exaggerated. In his hands, the cannon is as light as a baseball bat.

Brother Levin and Brother Yamasaa brought a few pieces of ammunition for testing, and Tomorrow and Killing Chicken At Midnight also followed curiously.

The group soon came to the goblin technology rocket test site on the edge of the industrial area.

Concrete waste is everywhere here, and a five-meter-high building has been blown to pieces under continuous blasting.

When they arrived, the mosquito carrying half of the rocket tail was walking out of the ruins.

Seeing this large group of people, Mosquito froze for a moment.

"What are you doing here?"

Bunny laughed and said.

"Brother, borrow the venue!"

This winter's aliens are all hiding in the house, it's really not easy to find a target on the street.

But Mosquito have enough targets here.

In order to ensure the killing effect of the rocket, Brother Mosquito made dummies out of wood, and many dummies were hung with steel plates to simulate the armor of predators and mutants.

Since he was a carpenter himself, Mosquito could be said to be handy when doing these jobs. He even improved the tools and made a nail gun out of it, and even brought the craftsmen who did carpentry in the entire industrial area to be stained.

Although he was very dissatisfied with these people interfering with his experiment, the mosquito was also quite curious about the power of the big stick in Bunny's hand, so he didn't say anything, and stood aside to watch.

"How about directly attaching a 20mm thick steel plate? Try to see if you can penetrate it." Glancing at Brother Levin next to him, Mosquito's heart moved, and he muttered in a loud voice.

"Isn't this nonsense?" Hearing the nonsense of Mosquito, Brother Levin rolled his eyes.

Brother Yamasaa, who was standing aside to help Bunny adjust the weapon, couldn't help complaining.

"That's right! Even a 20mm steel plate can't pierce it, so it's still called a hammer gun!"

Mosquito was happy and asked curiously.

"Then tell me, how deep are you wearing?"

Brother Levin chuckled and spread five fingers.

"Within 100 meters 50mm, 500 meters, 20mm."

"Tch, blow it!" Mosquito rolled his eyes, with an expression of I believe you, "This shit is stronger than Barrett!"

Brother Levine continued to hehe.

"Nonsense! It's a cannon. Don't you look at how long our rifles are, how long our bullets are, and how much charge we have!"

"How many?"

Brother Levin shut his mouth and did not speak.

He felt that this guy was using their business secrets.

That was the charge ratio that they found out after wasting a lot of budget.

Take money if you want!

Mosquito saw that he didn't get the words out, and had a regretful expression on his face.

At this time, Bunny had already mastered the trick of using this machine gun, put the magazine protruding backwards on his shoulder, and confirmed to Brother Yamsaa next to him.

"Has it been adjusted to single-shot mode?"

Brother Yamasaa said while stepping back.

"It's tuned, just pick a target and shoot it and you'll know!"

"Okay."

Bunny raised the long barrel excitedly, and pointed the mechanical sight at the dummy about 100 meters away from him.

A 20mm thick steel plate was hung on the dummy's chest. Its physique resembled that of a 1.8 meter strong man, but the shape was well made.

Taking a deep breath of the cold air, Bunny tensed his muscles, ready to deal with the recoil, and at the same time pulled the trigger in his hand.

Boom--!

There was a thunderous sound.

A half-meter-long fire snake sprang out from the muzzle, and the ensuing recoil spread throughout the body, rushing to the soles of the feet in an instant.

I saw a sheet of snow froth swaying from Bunny's heels, flying backwards, splashing Mosquito and Brother Levin in the face.

The ground trembled!

The wooden dummy in the distance seemed to have been hit by a truck. With a bang, it exploded into fragments of sawdust, and flew out with the hit steel plate, slumped on the ground in a shapeless shape.

"F*ck! This power is a bit fierce!" Mosquito's eyes were staring straight, and he forgot to wipe off the snow on his face.

He didn't believe it just now, but this crap can penetrate 50mm in 100 meters, now he is a little bit convinced!

Bunny, who was carrying the cannon, and Tomorrow and Killing Chicken At Midnight, who were watching from the sidelines, were also dumbfounded.

This power is also fierce!

The two directors of the No. 81 Steel Factory laughed, their faces full of pride.

"Just kidding! Everyone said that this thing is a cannon! Do you understand what a cannon is?"

"Exactly! Are you joking about the explosion speed bonus of X-4 fiber?"

Originally he looked smug, but when his teammate said that he had leaked the secret, Brother Levin was shocked, and stretched out his hand to cover Brother Yamasaa's mouth.

"Okay, stop talking!"

"Wooooow!"

In fact, it doesn't matter whether you say it or not, it was originally the information published on the official website.

They just refer to the information that can be found in reality, and figure out a more reliable ratio. While allowing the barrel to withstand the chamber pressure, the muzzle velocity of the shell is close to the maximum.

Mosquito swallowed.

Although he has heard that X-4 fiber can replace ordinary plant fiber, and the nitrocellulose produced can obtain "Explosive speed bonus", but he has never really tried it.

After all, it was a bit against his common sense. But he didn't expect it to be true?

Bunny not far away has already taken off his exoskeleton.

The previous shell gave him a general understanding of the recoil of this weapon.

Next he will try naked standing shooting!

The people around stopped talking and looked at him one after another.

There was another loud bang like a thunder!

Bunny, who put the machine gun on his shoulder, swayed back suddenly, but he still managed to hold it down with the strength of his muscles.

"Hiss, the recoil is a bit fierce..."

"But I can hold on!"

Putting down the cannon, Bunny lifted his neckline and glanced at his right chest.

There was a red mark the size of a shoe sole from the recoil, but there were no bruises or other injuries.

His current level is LV12, and he has 19 points of strength, which is 1 point short, and his muscle strength can be four times that of ordinary people!

With such terrifying muscle strength, it is no exaggeration to say that he is now half a mutant. And it's the kind that doesn't turn green!

If "Boundary Breakthrough" is turned on, the body sway just now probably won't be swaying.

Tomorrow couldn't help but sigh with emotion.

"As expected of the number one hunk in the entire server, I will call you the strongest in the shelter!"

Bunny smiled.

Killing Chicken At Midnight stepped forward with a look of envy, and reached out to touch the machine gun that was resting on the ground, and the gun barrel scalded the snow out of the white gas.

After weighing it, it's not too heavy.

Killing Chicken At Midnight look back.

"Can I try it?"

Brother Levin nodded excitedly and said generously.

"Try it, you're welcome!"

I didn't expect "Awakening" to be so awesome.

If players of the strength system can withstand the recoil after awakening, wouldn't their weapons sell like crazy?!

This is much more profitable than selling axes!

Knew it. The eternal god of strength!

After getting Brother Levin's permission, Killing Chicken At Midnight also tried a shot.

However, his situation was a little more embarrassing than that of Bunny. Not only was the barrel of the gun raised by the recoil, but he also staggered backwards, almost falling over.

After all, he has just awakened, and LV10 usually only has 17 points of power, which is not as good as Bunny who is already at level 12.

Without the power of these 2 points, I really can't handle it without talent.

Based on this calculation, the best use attribute of this weapon should be 20 Strength and 10 Constitution. Or as a stationary weapon, which should be available to everyone.

"Nice one!"

Killing Chicken At Midnight looked excited, but quickly calmed down, shook his head, and put down the cannon.

"Unfortunately, with such a large recoil force, it is definitely not possible to hold bursts."

"It's even more impossible to charge forward."

Strong is strong. But it doesn't match the "Berserker" talent he unlocked!

Hearing his words, Brother Levin almost couldn't hold back his spray.

"It's useless for you to charge forward with such a big thing. The barrel of the gun has poked people's faces."

Brother Yamasaa couldn't help complaining.

"That's right! If you don't understand art, you'd better play with your axe!"

Killing Chicken At Midnight: "..."

F*ck!

What happened to playing with an axe? Looking down on melee players?

Bunny and Tomorrow came over and looked at the two directors of No. 81 Steel Factory.

"How? OK or not?"

"Can it be done by changing the cannon to a single shot?"

The two factory managers looked at each other.

"It's all changed to single-shot, so why call it a machine gun?"

"Really."

Don't care about such trivial issues, Bunny said with a hearty smile.

"Then what do you think is a good name?"

Brother Levin thought for a while, and suddenly his eyes fell on the modified breastplate of the old white exoskeleton, and his eyes suddenly lit up.

"Riding a gun!"

Looking at Brother Yamasaa at the side, Brother Levin continued to speak with piercing eyes.

"How about calling it a 'Rider' anti-tank rifle?"

He estimated that the cost is about 900 silver, and the selling price can be set at 1000 or 950.

The ammunition is directly used in the same model as the machine gun, and there is no need to even change it.

When the number of awakened players increases, this equipment will definitely sell like crazy!

The brainwaves quickly matched, and Brother Yamasaa gave a thumbs up excitedly.

"Okay, brother, I think it's okay! But it's all 20mm, so it should be considered a gun?"

"Tsk, cut down on the words, if it's look cool, you'll be done!"

Looking at these two people, Mosquito standing next to him looked envious. Obviously, he also saw the commercial potential of this thing.

Hateful! They are all making a lot of money in arms!

It seems that he also has to work harder.

...

As the end of December draws closer, the "Wartime Regulations" has entered the 25th day after its implementation.

If it is not postponed, this regulation has gone through less than half of the time.

Over the past 25 days, the new industrial zone has doubled its steel production capacity and its workers' literacy.

Thanks to the night school and study group system implemented in the new industrial area, after the 12-hour work day, the foremen in the factory will organize the workers to learn literacy, arithmetic, and geometric drawing.

Especially literacy.

According to the regulations of the new industrial zone, knowledge of basic characters is one of the main assessment criteria for being promoted from an apprentice to a full-time worker.

Once upgraded to a regular worker, not only will the salary be doubled, the daily salary will be changed from two silver coins to four silver coins, and they will also be able to sign a long-term and stable labor contract with the factory, and even hope to become a foreman directly employed by the shelter.

Those foremen with VMs are so enviable. Not only can they chat and laugh happily with the blue coats, but I also heard that their daily salary has been raised to 5 silver coins!

Therefore, the workers are very eager to learn, especially the refugees from afar.

They are the ones most eager to stay.

It is also the "Aboriginal people" in this territory who are most eager to be recognized by those blue coats!

Apart from the development of the industrial zone, Lucius is most pleased with his little players.

So far, 13 players have awakened.

Among them, 5 are strength, 3 are agility, 2 are perception, 2 are constitution and 1 is intelligence.

This includes Edge Paddle. After 'Get Up Ten Times A Night', he became the second awakened player of the perception system in the whole server.

The talents unlocked by both of them are pretty good. With their personal style of play, they should be able to play a lot of tricks.

Then there is Richest Elf King who is keen on hunting, Mole In The Hole, the editor of "Mole Daily", and Scrambled Eggs, who is always at the forefront.

These are the players who entered the game early, namely two agility and two physique systems.

A group of players who entered the game later reached LV9, faintly approaching the edge of a breakthrough, and it is expected that they will break through one after another within a month.

However, the intelligence department is different from the other departments. The polarization is quite serious, and there are even obvious faults in the high-level area.

So far, among all intelligence players, only 8th Level Gale has reached LV10.

Among the remaining intelligence players, there is not even a LV9, but some are at the peak of LV8.

What also surprised Lucius was that the leveling speed of life professional players in the intelligence department seemed to be faster than that of combat professional players.

For example, Shuri has been in LV8 for a while, looking at the progress bar, the breakthrough is just around the corner.

Maybe the first awakened intelligence system will be a life professional player who doesn't go to the front line or fight monsters?

Players on the official website forum have debated whether this matter is reasonable or not.

Especially Brother Mole, who even opened a post on this matter.

"A View on the Department of Intelligence, Written on the Eve of the Alpha 1.0 Version"

"Hello, everyone, I'm your big-nosed Mole. What I'm writing today is not a strategy, but a little insight."

"As more and more players wake up, the power department has once again confirmed its status as the son of the planner, and has become the undisputed son of the version."

"As for the intelligence department, it still sits on the bench without any accidents. It has become the only sequence that has been weak from the beginning to the end since the game's beta test, and it has become the dear brother of the Alpha beta test version."

"I have predicted the rise time of the intelligence department more than once, and I have been ruthlessly slapped in the face by the planning boss more than once. From the arrival of the Pioneer, to the appearance of the scientific expedition team's gameplay, the seemingly rising opportunities time and time again, finally It failed to benefit all players, and only a few players got a bargain. And even the players of the intelligence department needs to spend a hundred times of effort to barely catch up with the taillights of the other sequences."

"The dark cloud over the head of the intelligence department will never go away. Even if one or two players occasionally unlock different gameplays, their experience cannot be applied to others."

"All the common sense or conventions about MMRPG seem to be invalid in the Department of Intelligence. It seems to be an abandoned sequence, maybe the planner didn't intend to make it work at all."

"After all, its role is indeed difficult to intuitively reflect, and the gameplay that can be expanded is not as rich as the other sequences."

"At first I thought so, but then I began to gradually realize that maybe it wasn't that the planner deliberately ignored the Department of Intelligence, but that this sequence was originally designed like this."

"Fighting monsters and upgrading is not the whole of the game, just like life is not just going to school and getting promoted... From the moment you enter the game, you can feel from many places that the game operator is deliberately creating this kind of atmosphere."

"They made "Wasteland OL" an almost real world, made NPCs human-like, and in addition to the elements about violence and destruction, they also provided its players with a completely different path-- That's creating."

"Use your creativity and wisdom to change this declining planet and plant the flag of the Federation of Peoples on the edge of the Kuiper Belt."

"Perhaps, this is the version of the answer belonging to the Department of Intelligence."

"It's also an easter egg left to us by the game producer."

666 likes, 200+ replies

After seeing the post from beginning to end, Lucius felt an indescribable feeling in his heart.

"Talent..."

To be honest, he didn't think so much.

But it seems that there is nothing wrong with this interpretation.

After conveniently adding an essence to the post, Lucius continued to scroll down in the forum.

Suddenly, his eyes stopped on a post that was completely different from the current hot topic on the forum.

"It is said that New Year's Day is coming soon, where are you going to spend the holiday? "

The post is sent out in a hurry.

Since the beginning of winter, this guy has been very active on the forum. After all, for her who is not good at fighting and only good at giving for free, there are too few things she can do in the game.

New Year's Day...

Looking at the post, a little melancholy suddenly appeared on Lucius's face.

This is an important holiday.

He still remembered that he died in March, came to this world in April, and discovered shelter 404 in September.

It looks like a year has passed...

He didn't have any relatives worth remembering, his life was in a hurry, and his friends were basically all on the Internet, so that after traveling here, he didn't even think about finding his way home.

What are you doing back home?

At least in the shelter, he was collecting rent from other people.

Drag the mouse to scroll down. In the post, some people said that they plan to OB for a day and spend time with their families. Some people said that it doesn't matter. Anyway, the time in the game does not conflict with real life. At most, it will go online later.

Lucius stared at the post for a while, then suddenly said.

"Popo."

Popo's voice floated gently from the side.

"Here it is, master."

Lucius thought for a while and said.

"New Year's Day is coming soon, do you think we should hold an event in the game... like celebrating a festival or something."

Popo: "Eh? Is it the same celebration as before? But Master...it seems that we don't have enough food."

"I know," Lucius sighed softly, "but we have to commemorate the 211th year of the Wasteland Era that is about to pass away... Is there any cheaper way to celebrate?"

I heard that there were many festivals in the pre-war society. After all, the average working time per person was less than 300 hours a year.

Coupled with the double prosperity of culture and technology, almost every two days is a festival.

But after the wasteland era, there is no such good thing.

There are no good days to celebrate here, and even the weather is often random.

Coupled with the cultural gap, many people know nothing about Renlian except that they use the Renlian language. They only know that if they don’t work, they will have nothing to eat, and if they don’t pick up trash, they will die.

Some small and medium-sized survivor settlements that focus on farming have selectively retained some festivals to celebrate this year's harvest and pray for a good harvest in the coming year, but this obviously does not include Beit Street, where scavenging and hunting are the main livelihoods, and most people Brown Farm, all serfs.

It just so happens that the survivor settlements in the northern suburbs of Spring City are basically these two types, with at most one post-style settlement that does business with merchants.

Lucius has been in the wasteland for so long, and he really hasn't seen the scavengers on Beit Street.

But if there is a festival, it can not only boost people's morale, but also increase people's sense of belonging and cultural identity.

After all, besides the players, there are refugees from all directions on his territory.

Gotta find a way to unite them.

Festivals and celebrations are perfect.

Popo was silent for a while, not sure if she went to use the search tool or was thinking about this issue seriously.

After a long time, that cute voice floated back weakly.

"Popo feels that it is actually a wasteland... There is no need to fully refer to the festivals on Earth."

"How about... just take the opportunity of celebration and encourage everyone to try some new foods?"

"And then in the name of the event, give an award for the most creative recipe or something."

Trying some new foods?

An award for the most creative recipe?

Lucius was slightly taken aback.

For a moment, he even changed his evaluation of Popo.

This guy……

Maybe it's a genius!?

3