Chapter 223. Raid! mobilization!
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's too peaceful here."

North of Starwood Farm.

In a dark and silent abandoned town.

White mist came out of his mouth, and the man with the rifle forgot to glance out of the window, his narrowed eyes flashed with a dangerous light.

A lantern lay beside his boots, and a black hyena crouched at his feet, purring.

The man's name was Gray Wolf.

Although his name bears the word wolf, it has nothing to do with the "Wolf" clan, one of the three major clans of the Bone Chew Tribe. He is just a centurion under the command of Lion Tooth.

Unlike other centurions of his own tribe, before he joined the Bone Chew Tribe, he was just a wandering mercenary. He had sacrificed his life for the people of the legion, and also beat up his old boss for the people of the Great Rift Valley. Anyway, whoever paid him just follow whoever you want.

Later, the Bone Chew Tribe recruited troops everywhere, and various predators joined them one after another, so he took the opportunity to join with a few of his brothers.

Facts have proved that this is an extremely correct decision.

The life of a predator is much more enjoyable than being a mercenary.

The law of the jungle is followed here, the strong are respected, and fists and bullets are the law. As long as you are strong enough, you can gain respect, as long as you are ruthless enough, you can become the leader of a group of people.

Following the banner of Lion's Tooth, he fought all the way from the middle of the River Valley Province to the southernmost part. There are more than a hundred heads, big and small, in the tent, and their titles have also risen from the first ten commanders to the centurion commanders.

However, he is a foreigner after all, and the centurion is basically the limit of what he can achieve with his personal ability.

Even if the predators have a weak sense of blood, and their organization and discipline are maintained by violence and plunder, it is not just anyone who wants to fully enter the core of their power.

He must prove his bravery. Use a hearty victory to prove his worth.

And now, this opportunity finally made him wait.

About a month ago, the Black Snake Tribe stationed in the east refused to join them, apparently planning to enjoy the prey in the northern suburbs of Spring City to themselves.

Lord Lion Tooth was very angry, but the heavy snow blocked the road and the blizzard was blowing, even if he was ten thousand unwilling, he could not drive the troops into the snowdrift.

But recently there has been a turning point. The blizzard that lasted for a month finally slowed down.

Gray Wolf seized the opportunity and immediately took the initiative to go to Lion Tooth, expressing his willingness to be the vanguard, leading his troops to attack Starwood Farm in the northern suburbs of Spring City, clearing the way for the large army to march.

After consulting his staff, Lion Tooth immediately agreed to his request.

Clay Town is too far from the northern suburbs of Spring City.

If they can take Starwood Farm, their large army will be able to catch the tail of Winter and push southward for at least 20 kilometers, completely throwing off the Black Snake tribe far away in the southern suburbs of Caxton City.

He highly appreciated his bravery, and in order to make this battle even more head-on, Lion Tooth gave him more than fifty foreign predators and weapons and equipment, and asked him to nail this root to the northern suburb of Spring City. The nails were pulled out.

Incorporating the more than 50 foreign predators into its own command, Gray Wolf immediately gathered more than 150 troops, took ten days' worth of supplies, weapons and ammunition, and set off for the northern suburbs of Spring City.

Marching through a blizzard was a rather risky decision, but at the same time the ultra-low visibility was a form of cover.

Gray wolves are not foolhardy.

Although they don't know the strength of their opponents, but they can block the offensive of their friendly forces and force Black Snake's troops to stop in the southern suburbs of Caxton City. These people are obviously not as easy to deal with as imagined.

Taking advantage of the last blizzard in December, he and his followers arrived at the abandoned town ten kilometers north of Starwood Farm, and lurked there.

He did not launch an attack immediately, but first sent scouts to observe, and let the others rest in the house to recharge their batteries until night.

The snow outside the window stopped for a while.

Looking at the approaching figure not far away, Gray Wolf lightly kicked the sleeping hyena beside him.

"Stand up. Time to go back to work."

The purring hyena raised his head, and saw his master, carrying a lantern, got up from the chair and walked to the door, so he also followed on tiptoe.

In the living room on the first floor where half of the wall collapsed, a man wrapped in a white cloth shook the snow off his body at the door, walked up to Gray Wolf, and bowed his head respectfully.

"Boss."

Gray Wolf sat down on the sofa, looked at him and said.

"Tell me what you saw."

The scout said respectfully.

"The east gate is in ruins. The refugee camp that was supposed to be there was completely destroyed by the blizzard, and the ground was full of garbage. It seems that the survivors are not having a good life. This blizzard hit them hard."

Gray Wolf continued to ask.

"Where did those people go?"

The scout shook his head.

"I don't know, but it's definitely not inside the fence. I observed them all day, and they cooked twice. The smoke that floated up was the weight of seventy or eighty people at most."

The survivors' stronghold called "Starwood Farm" has a high wall, and there are no obvious commanding heights around it. There are at most a few gentle slopes. It is difficult to fully see the situation inside from the outside.

Gray Wolf raised his eyebrows slightly.

Seventy or eighty people?

"Are you sure?"

The scout nodded affirmatively.

"I'm sure!"

Gray Wolf frowned gradually.

There are only seventy or eighty survivors stronghold. To be honest, this number is a bit off.

He didn't believe that the survivors couldn't see the strategic value of this fortress in the wilderness, which seemed to have become the gateway to the northern suburbs of Spring City.

As long as it is taken there, it is equivalent to knocking on the doors of all survivors in the entire northern suburbs.

Or……

Those idiots naively thought that with the cover of heavy snow, they could sit back and relax?

Still, the naivety of his opponents is a good thing for him.

The corner of Gray Wolf's mouth curled up into a smile, that expression was very much like the hyena lying at his feet.

"Go back and keep watching. We'll be there in a minute."

The scout cheered up and said excitedly.

"Yes!"

...

Late at night.

There was light snow in the sky.

On the wall of the Starwood farm.

Yamola, who was wearing a black coat, looked north, tightened the strap of his rifle, and moved his numb soles a little to circulate the frozen blood.

Today is the last day of Year 211 of the Wasteland Era.

The outpost ten kilometers away seems to be celebrating the arrival of the New Year, but this has little to do with those who are on duty.

The threat from the north is approaching. And here is the front line.

Standing here, they can't relax for a moment.

Holding the lamp and walking to the wall, the slightly elderly guard patted Yamola on the shoulder and said with a smile.

"Young man, are you okay? If you are not then just rest for a while, anyway it's time to change shifts."

Yamola glanced at VM, and shook his head stubbornly.

"There are still ten minutes."

"Hey, it seems that I came a little early," The old man smiled, and put the lamp on the wall, "I'll stand with you for a while."

The older guard's name is Mr. Holaa, and he is the oldest in the entire guard. It is said that he will be forty next year.

People always kindly call him an old man. Although he always argues that forty is not old, but recently his arthritis has become more and more serious, and he has gradually begun to feel that time is not forgiving.

Yamola had heard his story. He used to be a resident of Boulder City, but later became a mercenary, and somehow became a captive of the Bloody Hand clan and was taken into a dungeon.

He had a scar on his chest, which he said was from Deathclaw, but no one believed him, they thought he was bragging.

After all, if he could escape from the mouth of Deathclaw, how could he be taken down by the predators of the Bloody Hand clan?

Every time this matter is mentioned, the old man will argue excitedly, describing how dangerous the situation was at that time, and he was caught to cover the retreat of his teammates.

And every time this happens, someone will tear down the stage and ask——

'Where are your teammates? The ashes of the Bloody Hand are cold, someone should come to pick you up.'

As soon as this matter was mentioned, the old man fell silent immediately, and only muttered that it was good here, and he didn't plan to go back with his teammates when they came, it would be better if he didn't come.

This is also considered a funny story in the guard.

Although everyone didn't believe that he had seen Deathclaw (excluding the one kept by the manager), Yamola believed it.

After all, the mark really didn't look like it was cut by a knife.

At this moment, excited shouts came from the direction of the stairs, and a young boy ran up.

"The car is coming from the south."

"The manager has sent food for us!"

His name is Sunny, he is one year older than Yamola, and he is also a young man who has just come of age, and he is considered a close friend.

"What is in Manu?" Yamola asked excitedly.

It's not because he's a foodie, it's mainly because the food made by those blue coats is really delicious. A variety of grilled skewers, as well as a lot of steamed buns, steamed buns, noddles and so on flashed through his mind immediately.

Sunny excitedly said: "Yamola! There is meat! I tasted it, it was a bit spicy, but after drinking it, my whole body felt warm."

The saliva came to his mouth unsatisfactorily, and Yamola swallowed.

Looking at this gluttonous young man, Mr. Holaa smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

"Go ahead, it's time to change shifts."

"Yeah!" Yamola nodded excitedly, "I'll bring you some later!"

The old man waved his hand.

"Don't need, I'll finish my post and go down to drink."

The two young men got off the city wall, and Mr. Holaa smiled and sighed how good it is to be young, and looked at the vast expanse of white snow outside the wall.

The snow this year is really heavy. The coming year should be a good one.

He plans to save some money to buy a piece of land, try to grow something, and then marry a wife. When he is discharged from the army, he will settle down here and settle down. It can be regarded as stable.

As for Boulder City, he has no plans to go back.

Life here was no worse than there, and only here did he feel a dignity he had never had before.

Master Managers say they will never have to kneel to anyone again.

No one can take away their freedom from their hands.

The howling north wind was chilly, and the snow caught in the wind stopped for a while, and the bright moonlight was exposed behind the scattered clouds, and the small animals that sneaked out to look for food quickly hid back in their holes.

Mr. Holaa spit out a mouthful of white mist, and suddenly felt a little cold, so he stretched out his hand to the oil lamp on the wall, trying to stick his hand on it to keep warm.

Unexpectedly, with a trembling hand, he knocked down the oil lamp.

The lamp was not broken in the snow, but the fire went out.

Mr. Holaa cursed, what a pity, and planned to wait until the guard changed for a while before going down to pick it up.

But at this moment, the expression on his face suddenly paused, and he immediately grabbed the binoculars and glanced in the north direction.

On the snowy ground sprinkled with moonlight, one after another figure was speeding towards them taking advantage of the darkness.

A pair of fierce eyes shot at him like sharp arrows.

The murderous aura that hits the face——

It is exactly the same as the person in the bloody hand!

Mr. Holaa's face changed wildly, and without a word, he immediately grabbed the short whistle hanging around his neck, stuffed it into his mouth, blew it with all his strength, and fired a shot outside.

"Enemy attack!"

...

"Hmph..."

"The hammer of order strikes the drum."

"The faith of steel broke through the ground."

"White Bear Rider rushed out."

"Keep evil and barbaric captive."

"..."

The truck's engine rumbled.

Sitting on the co-pilot, Tail with her arms on the window, blowing the cool wind outside the window, humming a self-made song.

Sisi, who was holding the direction, glanced at him.

"If you don't understand, just ask, what kind of nursery rhyme is this?"

Tail is dissatisfied.

"What nursery rhyme! This is called BGM!"

I really envy this guy's exuberant energy, she is not sleepy at all.

Are you about to wake up?

Sisi sighed.

"Hmm, Yes."

In the cabin of the truck.

Two pairs of eyes, one big and one small, stared at each other.

In the end, the Ratman couldn't hold on anymore, coughed dryly and said.

"I'm a little flustered when you look at me like that."

Cute As Duck ( Catwoman ), who was hugging his knees, froze for a moment, the warm hat fell to the ground again, and she quickly reached out to pick it up.

"Eh? No, I'm just curious... By the way, what kind of experience is it like to be a mouse?"

Is this the first time someone has asked themselves this question?

With a helpless look on his face, he sighed and said.

"What do you say? It's a bit troublesome to greet friends, and you have to hold your head high, but it's very convenient to shuttle through the ruins, and you won't be beaten by the gang if you accidentally get into the rat's nest, just get out."

"Besides, it's not like other alien species with uncoordinated fingers, and there is no obstacle to using tools, and there is no debuff that increases experience slowly. Generally speaking, it is a sequence with unlimited potential."

Cute As Duck nodded with a half understanding.

This is completely discussed from the perspective of strength...

"I thought it would be very sad to choose a different species."

The Ratman turned over gave her a strange look.

"What's so sad about that?"

"Because...it doesn't look good?"

"..."

MMP!

The ones who were not sad at first are now the ones who are uncomfortable!

Brother Ratman couldn't help cursing in his heart.

They are all furry things. How is the mouse worse than the cat?

Human stuff!

Die! Die!

...

The car arrived.

The two guards in the carriage jumped down first, and called everyone in the camp to pick up the food.

The guards were more knowledgeable than the refugees. They had seen lizards and bears, and they were familiar with rats standing one meter tall, so they didn't take them too seriously.

The Ratman stretched his waist, and was about to slip out of the car for a turn, but at this moment, there was a piercing whistle in front of him.

Immediately afterwards, gunshots and explosions sounded, startling Cute As Duck who was about to jump out of the carriage, and the hat she had just put on fell off again.

"F*ck, what happened?!"

"I don't know..."

The big mouse swallowed.

There was a lot of gunfire in the north, like firecrackers, accompanied by explosions from time to time.

The camp was in chaos, and the two guards who had gone down earlier did not know where they went. They probably ran to the north gate for reinforcements.

Standing beside the truck, Sisi looked up at Farm and frowned.

"Gunshots, at least fifty... no, maybe a hundred?"

Maybe more?

She couldn't tell the gunshots of the guards from those of the attackers.

The big mouse said nervously.

"Your error is too big!?"

"After all, the gunshots in this game aren't as regular as eating chicken...Tail, what do you say?"

While speaking, Sisi looked aside.

However, she saw that Tail had already taken off the sickle assault rifle, and her eyes were shining with excitement.

"Sh! Go!"

That look is really understandable at a glance.

Sisi was taken aback for a moment, then a smile appeared on his face, and she gave a thumbs up energetically.

"Oh!"

"Looks like this is the opportunity for Tail to flex her muscles!"

This time the score can no longer be at the bottom!

Seeing the two running towards the north, the remaining cat and mouse were dumbfounded.

"Now, what should we do now?"

Cute As Duck looked at the big mouse next to her in bewilderment, but Brother Mouse was also in a daze at the moment, not knowing what to do.

He did go to war once. But that was following the Mosquito, and there was only a sound during the whole process.

"Anyway, I'll go over and help first."

F*ck!

Didn't you say it was an errand task?

The task briefing didn't say that there was going to be a fight!

Otherwise, he wouldn't even take the guy with him.

Throwing away those words, the strong man had to bite the bullet, chasing Tail and Sisi's footsteps and rushing forward, leaving only Cute As Duck next to the truck.

"Hey! Wait, don't go away..."

However, it was too late.

When she shouted, the big mouse had already disappeared.

Cute As Duck looked dumbfounded, looking around anxiously, not knowing what to do.

But at this moment, her eyes suddenly lit up, and her eyes fell on the house closest to the south gate in the farm.

There is a save point!

She often does express delivery missions, and she still remembers that there are 100 hibernation pods there, and players who are too lazy to go back to the outpost will log off here!

"In short... first find a way to inform other people."

Do whatever comes to mind.

Cute As Duck immediately ran over, rushed into the door, found an open sleeping cabin and lay down in it.

As the hatch closes, the connection is broken.

When she was offline at the speed of light, she immediately took off her helmet, opened her laptop, logged on to the official website forum, quickly edited a post and sent it out.

"The big News! There is an attack at Starwood Farm."

A few seconds after the post was posted, it immediately attracted everyone's attention.

"An attack??"

"F*ck, what's going on?"

"Aren't you holding a celebration?"

"Hey! The dog planner is taking advantage of me not to go online again!"

Almost at the same time as the post was posted, an announcement suddenly popped up on the official website.

[ Full Server Announcement: The predators from the north have attacked Starwood Farm, triggering an urgent mission. ]

[ Dawn: A group of blood-drinking robbers launched a shameful sneak attack while we were celebrating the New Year! We'll let them know it's a stupid idea! ]

[ Failure Condition: The resurrection point is destroyed. (All players whose characters are located in Starwood Farm will enter the resurrection CD state.)]

[Victory Conditions: Repel the invaders! ]

As soon as the announcement was issued, the forum was instantly bombarded.

"F*ck?!"

"Sneak attack?!"

"No way, you can be killed even if you are offline?!"

"Has the dog planner finally decided not to be a human?"

"Brothers, get on the number! What the hell are you still doing on the forum?!"

"Want to explode my magic costume? I'm going fight with you to death!"

2