Chapter 230. The Rain of Fire Falling from the Sky
53 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the entrance and exit of the inter-provincial highway, to the north is a relatively gentle snowfield.

At this moment, the thousand-man team under Black Snake was slowly marching on this snowy field.

Although he failed to persuade Black Snake to make a more cautious strategic choice, after all, he was on the same boat, and Vaders still carefully planned the marching route.

He chose to go straight south, bypassing the large forests and steep slopes on the west side, and after entering the inter-provincial highway, he went all the way west, cutting off the connection between Starwood Farm and the northern suburbs of Spring City.

The actual distance for this route will be slightly longer.

But relatively more realistic.

The back seat of an armored pickup.

A map was spread out on Vaders' lap, and his index finger moved on the map, drawing a circular arc around the front of their marching route.

"...The direction due west of us is the forest where the Winter Willow camp is located. Not surprisingly, the survivors there have been evacuated more than a month ago."

"Our goal is the inter-provincial highway in the south direction. After advancing there, the next road will be a flat river."

"If the information is correct, there should be a survivor colony there."

"Even if they have probably evacuated, we can still find something useful there."

"It will be dark in about two hours. We can rest there for the night before continuing westward. If the situation is optimistic, we should be able to reach Starwood Farm at noon tomorrow. If they don't blow up there, we should be able to get A fort on the northern outskirts of Spring City, and as you wished, before your allies."

Black Snake touched his chin with a satisfied expression on his face.

He believed in the professional competence of his staff.

However, he still has some doubts about the plan.

When Vaders was talking about his plan, Black Snake's gaze stayed on a red mark on the map.

It is the ecological experiment base of Aviatium Aerospace, and it is also a high ground that is easy to defend and difficult to attack. Not only does it have a complete wall that can be used as a shelter, but also a complete building that can shelter from wind and rain.

Black Snake remembered very clearly that more than a month ago, Vaders strongly recommended it to him as a springboard for them to attack the northern suburbs of Spring City.

However, for some reason, this time his staff officer completely ignored that geomantic treasure, and never mentioned anything about it from the beginning of the whole operation.

It's like forgetting about it.

"Why don't we station directly at the ecological experiment base of Aviatium Aerospace? There is a high ground, which is just right for deploying our artillery."

Vaders shook his head.

"That's a good location, but the terrain from there to Starwood Farm is too flat."

Black Snake was puzzled.

"Isn't this a good thing?"

Vaders said.

"Of course it's a good thing for them, they will arrive sooner than us, and occupy the high ground waiting for us to walk in their faces."

It sounds plausible.

Black Snake nodded thoughtfully, moved his gaze to the east-west road on the map, and continued to ask.

"Then what if they ambush us on both sides of the road?"

Vaders sighed, and replied patiently.

"The terrain of the inter-provincial highway is relatively higher than the two sides. No one would be stupid enough to ambush people on the top of the mountain at the foot of the mountain. We only need to separate a team to search for explosives and traps on the ground in front, and then separate two The team can search and move forward along the gentle slopes on both sides of the road to ensure nothing goes wrong."

This guy is always asking questions that people don't know how to answer.

Vaders feels like his head is big.

However, unlike his headache, after getting a satisfactory answer, Black Snake had a happy expression on his face and said easily.

"It looks like victory is just around the corner."

"Yes, if all goes as planned."

Vaders closed the map in his hand, and looked at the white snow outside the car window.

His brows furrowed slightly.

The feeling of uneasiness in his heart became stronger and stronger.

If the survivors in the northern suburbs of Spring City intend to stop them, this is probably the last and only chance.

Once the convoy on his side is allowed to drive from the wilderness to the road, the opponent will lose all chances of winning, and there is no possibility of stopping them again.

But……

It is also not an easy task to ambush them here.

He deliberately chose the road entrance that was not so close to Starwood Farm.

Even if the opponent discovers them and responds immediately after receiving the warning, it is unlikely that they will arrive here one step ahead of themselves.

Do you want to send some people over to have a look first?

Just when Vaders was thinking this way, there was a bang sound from a distance in the southeast direction of the convoy.

Immediately afterwards, there was a whoosh, and the shell seemed to land in the very center of the convoy.

There seems to be the location of the tank.

Vaders's face changed slightly.

The black snake sitting next to him reacted quickly enough, and saw that this guy had already grabbed the walkie-talkie in his hand, cursing and roaring.

"Damn, dare to ambush my convoy!"

"F*ck...!"

...

Boom--!

Thick tongues of flame were ejected from the muzzle of the gun, and the sound of thunder echoed on the snow field.

A 20mm steel-core armor-piercing bullet drew an orange-yellow trajectory in the air, like lightning, and slammed into the tank five hundred meters away.

Sparks fly.

There was only a crisp sound, and the thick track was broken, and it slipped off the road wheel uncontrollably. The moving tank then lost power and broke down in the snow.

The predators next to them are all stupid.

Obviously they didn't expect that someone would dare to attack them.

And it's still a shot against that invincible steel behemoth!

Averted his gaze from the scope, The Boy On The Construction Site lying on the snow ground excitedly waved his fists and cheered uncontrollably.

"Hahaha! The tank is broken! I hit it!"

Upon closer inspection, the tank looks quite bluffing.

The nearly eight-meter-long body, thick and long gun barrel, and sharp-edged body, lie on the snow like a giant steel beast.

However, this thing was not as difficult to deal with as imagined. It actually broke the tracks in one shot, which surprised even The Boy On The Construction Site himself.

He thought at least a few more shots...

It's a pity that there are no teammates nearby who can high-five him.

Before the looters could figure out the situation, he quickly pulled out the smoking casing, inserted another armor-piercing bullet into the barrel, and fired another shot at the turret of the tank.

If the turret can be broken, this thing will be completely turned into a piece of scrap iron!

However, his ideas are good. But unfortunately, the 20mm diameter is still too small.

The second shell that hit the turret, like a toothpick sticking to the wall, was thrown away without any suspense, and flew into the sky.

"MMP!"

"It's time to switch to high-explosive beating!"

With the second shot, the marauders finally spotted him and started yelling and firing in his direction.

At a distance of 500 meters, bullets whizzed towards them.

Unhurriedly put away the bipod of the "Riding gun", and before the muzzle of the tank moved over, The Boy On The Construction Site quickly shifted their positions.

Almost at the same time as he left the combat position, a high-explosive bomb bombarded his previous position.

The snowflakes were blown to a height of more than ten meters, and the two pine trees on the side were broken in two, fell on the snow slope, and rolled down the slope.

Looking at the snowy mist rising into the sky from a distance, the players who were ambushing not far away had surprised expressions on their faces.

"F*ck! This caliber is estimated to be 80mm or higher."

"Be confident and take the guesswork out."

"Oh my god... do you think The Brick guy is still alive?"

"He's an awakener anyway, and he's still in the power department, so it's not that easy to finish the calf." Edge Paddle looked at Big Eyes in Debt next to him, and continued, "The tank is handed over to you, be steady, we just have a robot, only one chance."

Big Eyes in Debt with connected devices are closing their eyes tightly at this moment.

His consciousness has already connected to the "Reptile" deployed in front, and those four fast-swinging mechanical legs are carrying his body across the snow.

The goal is ahead!

Although he couldn't see it, he could clearly feel it!

With the detonator already in his hand, Big Eyes in Debt spit out a mouthful of white mist lightly.

"Rest assured."

"Stable batch!"

...

Suddenly attacked.

The ranks of the predators were in disarray.

They obviously had no experience in dealing with such situations, and the entire bloated team suddenly huddled together crookedly on the snow like centipedes.

However, their combat literacy is still good, and their responses are fairly quick.

After confirming the direction of the attack, the tank with broken tracks first turned the turret and fired a shot in the direction of the shell, and then the coaxial machine gun next to the barrel swept there again.

The bullets splashed a string of snowflakes on the snow slope.

If there were still people there just now, they must be dead and cannot die again!

"Little ones, give it to me!"

"Find me that rat who sneaked up on us!"

"XX is XX, I'm going to peel off his skin and make it into a sofa!"

Amid the roar of a predator centurion, four teams of ten people set off immediately, heading towards the snow slope five hundred meters away.

See the fire in the distance stop.

A crew member climbed out of the top cover of the tank, carrying a toolbox in his hand, took out tools and began to repair the broken track.

The Black Snake sitting on the armored pickup had annoyance written all over his face.

Half a minute ago, he got word from the tank crew that the track of the tank had been broken and it would take some time to fix it.

The entire team had to stop because of just one attacker.

"I suggest spreading out the infantry and searching the area carefully," Vaders looked at him and suggested cautiously, "There may be more than one attacker."

Black Snake said impatiently.

"When I find that guy, I'll figure out how many flies there are."

Repair work on the tracks is progressing well.

The tank will be able to start moving again in no time.

He raised his arm and wiped the engine oil on his forehead. The predator who got out of the car earlier was about to install the last piece of parts.

However, at this moment, he suddenly noticed that there seemed to be something moving in the snow beside him.

Is it a mouse?

In a daze, the little guy had already slipped under the chassis of the tank under the cover of the snow.

"What?"

Vigilantly, he pulled out the pistol from his waist, squatted down, and put his face on the snow. He was about to see what it was, and got under the tank.

However, the snow on the ground is too thick.

After the thing got under the chassis of the tank, it didn't move, as if it disappeared out of thin air, so much so that he couldn't help but wonder if he had read it wrong.

At this time, the captain's urging sound came from the roof.

"Is it fixed yet?"

He answered.

"Quick, it'll be fine soon."

The captain continued to urge, with a hint of warning in his voice.

"You'd better hurry up, let Lord Black Snake wait too long, you know what the consequences will be."

He said perfunctorily.

"Okay, I see."

Is it an illusion?

The predators was suspicious, but he didn't have time to climb in to confirm it.

Stand up from the ground.

However, just as he picked up the tools again and was about to finish the work on his hands, a flash of flame suddenly shot out from under the chassis of the tank.

It's like hitting a burning gas stove.

In an instant, before he had time to react, the shock wave from the explosion hit his chest, blowing him away!

Boom--!

The flames and thick smoke of the explosion engulfed the entire tank, and the violent air wave pushed it off the ground.

The twisted steel broke inch by inch, and the leaking fuel tank was ignited by the scorching heat, and exploded together with the ammunition rack, causing a tragic secondary explosion.

It was a miserable scene.

Caught off guard, a centurion was killed on the spot, and nearly twenty looters around were instantly engulfed by the flames of the explosion.

Broken limbs are flying around. For a time, the ground was wailing.

It's like purgatory!

"Awesome!!!"

Witnessing the situation ahead through the binoculars, lying on the snow slope Edge Paddle punched the snow beside him excitedly.

Not far away, Big Eyes in Debt shook his head and dropped the connection on the spot, but he logged back in quickly, shaking his heavy head and muttering.

"MMP... why did it drop again?"

At the same time, the eyes of Black Snake sitting in the armored pickup instantly turned red, and the pupils were bloodshot.

Staring out of the window with his eyes tearing apart, he felt like a knife was twisting in his heart, blood was dripping from the knife!

That was the tank given to him by the leader!

It is also his greatest reliance!

At least half of the credit for the thousand-man team he led was able to attack the city and seize territory all the way, from the central part of the River Valley Province to the south, and sweep across the entire province like a hurricane!

But now, that tank turned into scrap iron...

How dare those people! How dare they!

"I'm going to kill them!"

"I'm going to cut them into pieces and chop them into a puree!"

Hearing the angry roar of the black snake, the driver sitting in front shivered, not daring to take a breath, for fear of being used as a punching bag to vent his anger.

Vaders, who was sitting next to Black Snake, was completely dumbfounded at the moment.

"...What was that just now?"

Whispering in his mouth, his eyes were full of disbelief.

Without the slightest warning.

He only saw a beam of flames soaring into the sky, and then the proud "Conqueror" of the Legion was blown into scrap iron.

That power...

There are also at least 10kg TNT. And maybe even more!

A drop of cold sweat slid across his forehead, and Vaders, who realized the seriousness of the problem, suddenly came back to his senses.

He immediately looked at Black Snake sitting beside him, ignoring the fury on the tyrant's face, and roared loudly.

"Quick! Call back all the six centurions you sent out earlier!"

He was only halfway through.

Intensive gunshots came from the fan-shaped area ahead.

Bullets roared like a storm, and at least ten light machine guns—or even more automatic weapons—fired fiercely at them.

The greatest threat has been eliminated!

There is no need to hide anymore.

Crouching in the snow, leaning on the light machine gun on the snow slope, Edge Paddle pulls the trigger desperately, roaring loudly.

"Bros!"

"Hit them hard!"

The flames from the muzzle of the gun turned Big Eyes in Debt's face red, his index finger seemed to be welded to the trigger, and he shouted excitedly.

"Aww!"

Bullets swished and flew randomly on the ground, and a few even landed on the steel plate of the armored pickup truck, rattling the hood!

Before recovering from the previous explosion, another head-on blow followed, and the entire convoy was completely in a mess.

The elongated team didn't care about each other from head to tail. It wasn't right to retreat in the snow, or not to retreat. It was a dilemma for a while.

Fortunately, Vaders is an experienced staff officer after all. Although the sudden attack caught him off guard, it didn't throw him off guard.

Snatching the walkie-talkie from Black Snake, Vaders, who took over the command, issued several orders in succession, barely controlling the chaotic situation.

Those predators were also gradually discovered.

The opposite side seems to be very powerful, but in fact there are not many people.

The four armored pickup trucks with tires spinning in the snow finally drove to the front of the convoy slowly. Four vehicle-mounted machine guns welded with steel plates fired wildly towards the snow slope 500 meters away, quickly suppressing the other side. go back.

Under the leadership of a centurion, one hundred and twenty predators dispersed into twelve small teams and surrounded them towards the front.

The bayonet shone brightly in the snow, like the fangs of a beast.

Their eyes shone with bloodlust, like a pack of wolves surrounding their prey.

"Tear them apart!"

"Chop off their heads! Kill them in the most brutal way!"

"Let those rats in the gutter know what will happen if you offend Lord Black Snake!"

The centurion roared, urging his men forward.

However, at this moment, an ear-piercing scream suddenly came from above their heads.

The centurion raised his head subconsciously, and then his eyes widened. The bloodthirsty pupils were instantly replaced by the color of fear.

I saw one after another rockets, dragging their thick and long tail flames across the sky, falling from the sky like fire rain, bringing the afterglow of the setting sun to the ground.

He screamed in shock, threw himself into the snow, and roared with all his strength.

"hidden--!"

The rocket didn't land on top of his head.

Instead, it fell behind him and slammed heavily on the rear position.

The flames of the explosion joined together, shrapnel flew wantonly in the open space, and the boiling heat wave seemed to ignite the snow, burning the psychological defense lines of the predators.

Looking at the sea of ​​flames behind him, the centurion lying on the ground, the fear in his heart gradually turned into despair, and he lost the last ounce of courage to move forward.

At this time, sharp whistles came from all directions, sweeping across the entire snowfield. In the smog, he saw his men turn their backs to the enemy and run away, and then were shot dead in the snow.

The rear was attacked.

The armored pickup trucks covering their attack seemed to want to pull back to help, but the snow was already almost buried on their hoods.

It was more difficult than they imagined to control the tires stuck in the snow.

There was the sound of machine guns bang bang bang in the distance. An armored pickup truck was shot through the fuel tank by an incendiary bomb, followed by the second, and the third...

Faintly, the centurion, who buried his head in the snow, heard the shouts of killing like waves.

He couldn't understand what those people were shouting.

I don't even know how many of them there are.

All he knew was that the end of this war might be faster than Lord Black Snake imagined.

Maybe not at all tomorrow.

Maybe tonight, they will be able to spend the night in those survivors' houses...

3