2. A helping hand
24 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After playing with the children for some time, some of the ladies started to call out to the children playing in the water. Telling them that it was time to head home. Most of the older ladies smiling towards Mick as he was chasing some of the kids with a big silly face as the big evil water demon to entertain the children. 
 
"Aww but I want to play some more!"
"Me too me too!"

Some of the kids began to whine with how sort live their playtime was. Yet this only gave some of the ladies to give death glares to the children, silencing them with silent threats waiting for them if they didn't listen. 

"It's fine. It's fine. We'll play together again next time."
"Really? Really? You promise?"
"Yea, yea. If I get the chance, we'll play again. Lots. Ok? Now go home with and listen obediently, ok?"

Mick helping to persuade the children to head home help to raise the good impression the ladies have towards him. 
Hitting the iron while its hot, Mick decided to ask a middle age kindly looking lady some question. Of course, after trying to squeeze out as much water out the clothes, he washed and wearing them again. 

"Hello, my name is Mick. Can anyone help tell me where I can find shelter and food? I was drinking too much and got lost. When I woke up, I found myself lying on piles of trash with all but my clothing on me stolen. I was traveling with a group merchant because of a friend. But I seem to have lost them and don't know where I am or where they are. Please if anyone can help me."

Mick ask with a clear wording yet filled with some real grief tone, as he was lying about his situation yet feeling fearful of his given situation. 

Some of the ladies looked towards one another with their own thoughts of Mick's story. Some giving some thought about white, while some just started headed towards their own homes.
"Hey, can he come stay at our place? He can come help us out in the store. Didn’t dad say that the store needs some help?”
One of the kids that was playing in the kids asked out loud towards his mother.
“You shush. We can’t decide on that right now.”

The child’s mother chided.

“But what's the different between him and getting help from someone else?”

The child talked back, feeling some courage after seeing some of the kids' jealous looks.

“Yo-!”

The mother’s face was starting to go red from frustration her child talking back to her in public and trying to force an important family decision on his own.

“Please you don’t have to burden yourself with me. I’d appreciate just any help pointing me to any place that is looking to hire and shelter. I do not wish to put any pressure or guilt onto you. I am sorry to have trouble you all with my problem.”

The mother’s face softens up after hearing Mick giving her a way out and him asking others for assistant and not focusing on her because of her child’s outburst. This have made of rethink her thoughts of whether or not to invite the strange man to meet with her husband about the store helper position.

Micks word help gave another good impression of him, of not taking advantage of a person because of a child’s word even when his own situation seems dire. This made many of the ladies still in the area who heard about his situation give more thoughts about how to help this poor person

“How about sending him to Old Frank’s place? He has been needing some help but keep scaring all of the young helper because of his scary face and voice.”

“Yea, that sounds good. I heard he even upped the pay because he is starting to have back problems from all the work he done.”
“What about the Smoldering Inn? That place is always looking for more help.”

Some of the ladies started to list out different places that could uses a helping hand. This brought a smile to Mick’s face as he listens in the beautiful kind smiles around him, as his mind shift to a more optimistic impression.
‘These people are nice.’

“Why not just have him visit each of them and see which place would fit him?”

Another child pointed out after hearing many of ladies throwing out ideas out but not deciding on any of them as they all had their own bias to help their friends.

“Sure, that would be great!”
Mick smiling with his round face full of happiness, brought down a lot of the uneasiness the ladies had. As it was hard to see a middle-aged man like Mick making such a pure smile from barely any help from them.

“Then let's bring him to Old Frank’s place first then. C’mon big Mick let's go!”

A small girl smiles brightly as she tugs on Mick’s hand onward to the famous Frank’s wood shop. Afraid to be called out as a child predator, Mick let the little girl loosely tug him awkwardly to their destination.

 

 

2