Bonus Flash Fiction 1
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, it's Sam! While working on the sequel to "Your Picture On My Phone," I wrote a couple of flash fiction's around Conor and Ash that take place in between the two books! If you'd like to read them and get them directly into your inbox, have a look at my Substack! This is the first one! Enjoy!

Usually, online dating means finding someone online and then dating them in person. For Conor and me, it meant that all of our dates could only be online because we live two thousand five hundred freaking miles apart with a time difference of three hours.

The second Saturday in February

We decided to eat dinner together, as I was home late because I went to basketball practice (my off-season sport). To make it more fun, we turned it into a silly game. (Because everything is more fun if it’s a competition, isn’t it?) I would order something for Conor online, and he would do the same for me.

When we were younger, he couldn’t stop growling like a hungry dog when someone only got near his fried rice with Kung Pan Chicken (and I still tried to steal stuff from him, even though I always ordered the same). So when we sat in front of our smartphones (mine neatly set up on the coffee table in front of the couch in my room), I immediately headed to the homepage of Panda Express.

Thirty minutes later, my doorbell rang (and as I ran downstairs, I could hear his doorbell ringing as well). A brown stapled paper bag was waiting for me on our frozen porch. I hasted back to the second floor, locked the door to my room behind me, and positioned the warm bag in front of me so Conor could watch me unpack. We both ripped the package open simultaneously, and I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was a bowl from… Panda Express, filled with… fried rice and Kung Pao Chicken.

“Did we literally order the same thing for each other?”

Want more? Head over to my Substack and also find some updates on the sequel!

0