Cookie Monster’s Quest To Kill Time
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is a story inspired by "Grover's mad quest to kill God" video. 8/10

On a moonless night in the gloomy boroughs of Sesame Street, a silhouette slinked through the mist-draped alleyways. It lumbered like a hulking leviathan, its shaggy blue fur matted with dew, with googly eyes frantically gazing everything on instinct, observing everything around. Cookie Monster was on a mission, bent on confronting the very concept of time itself. For in the aeons of indulgence, he had discovered a cosmic truth: that time, that sinister trickster, had conspired against his gluttonous desires.

Cookie Monster could never remain satiated, for as soon as he devoured a cookie, the insatiable maw of time spoiled the moment with its ceaseless march forward.

But tonight, he would exact his revenge.

He stood before the soothsayer of Sesame Street, the venerable Count von Count, whose mathematical musings had torn open many a veil between dimensions.

"Ah, Cookie Monster, vhat can I count for you tonight?" the Count intoned with a bemused smile, his fangs gleaming like twin alabaster daggers.

"Me need you to help me kill time," Cookie Monster rumbled, his voice a guttural whisper, thick with infernal disdain for ethereal.

"Ah, such a clever request, finally!" The Count clapped his hands together with manic delight. "Vun, two, three times ve shall count, and time vill crumble beneath our calculations!"

With incantations muttered in staccato rhythms and sigils inscribed with impossible angles, the Count invoked arcane forces beyond mortal ken. He summoned forth the boundless cosmos into a rift of numinous energy, where Cookie Monster gazed upon the writhing tapestry of the multiverse itself manifesting into the alleyway. Stars bled into nebulous seas, galaxies swirled like frothing maelstroms, and temporal streams twisted in serpentine chaos.

The creature of the night and beast of gluttony didn't hesitate even for a fleeting moment and entered the rift, for it to close afterwards, trapping them in boundless space. Count was the guide, for the beast of gluttony to follow it.

Minutes turned into hours, hours into days. How long did they walked? How far did they see the stars change? How long did the Count count, for it to reach 1,156,794,345 steps? How long Cookie Monster can survive without the sustenance of chocolate chip cookies? All the thoughts were racing, until...

"Look there, my friend!" The Count pointed into the maw of infinity. "Ze visage of Time itself!"

It stood before them—a monolithic entity woven from swirling currents of entropy and decay, its limbs spanning epochs and its eyes blazing like two sunken supernovas.

Cookie Monster's gaze locked with the eldritch abomination, and he felt the malevolent rhythm of time's heartbeat reverberate through his very soul. It desired to decay his flesh right apart, but it for beast of gluttony it was nothing new.

"Me no like you."

Cookie Monster growled, his eyes narrowed to slits. Here it was, the adversary that wanted nothing but to take what was his. Bloodlust mixed with fury, the beast opened his jaw.

"You spoil cookies."

Time's laughter reverberated across the cosmos, a cacophony of ticking clocks and rustling hourglasses. Its voice echoed with the weight of millennia, vibrating the steel bones of the beast, making the creature of the night hide behind his ally.

"Foolish beast, you are but a fleeting crumb in the vast banquet of existence. I am the feast that devours all, everything will become mine!"

But Cookie Monster would not be swayed by such cosmic nihilism. He lunged forward, jaws wide, and clamped down on the fabric of time itself. His teeth shattered temporal chains, gnawing through epochs like brittle wafers.

Time roared, the cosmos quaked, and entropy wailed like a thousand discordant chimes. It retaliated, pressing with a pressure of eons of existence, almost reaching into infinity. But Cookie Monster would not relent. With every bite, the sinews of existence unraveled, and the steady beat of time faltered.

The Count laughed maniacally, drawing the sigils to protect itself from existential threat emanating from the visage of Time, chanting, "Vun, two, three! Hahaha! Ze countdown to oblivion!"

Finally, after hours, or was it days or weeks (?), with a bone-rattling crunch, Cookie Monster devoured the last fragment of time. The cosmos shuddered to a halt, screeching, and silence reigned in the void.

In this eternal moment, with time obliterated and its spoiling grasp vanquished, Cookie Monster knew peace. His insatiable hunger was sated, for without time, digestion itself ceased. He was finally full. The essence of time in its void-like stomach, trying to escape him, utterly failing.

The Count, suspended in mid-laugh seeing that the end was coming to his pitiful existence, remained frozen in the endless now. The stars hung like crystalline tears, and nebulous clouds coiled in frozen eddies, even the quarks didn't dare to move.

And there sat Cookie Monster, cradled in the womb of infinity. The swirling streams of cosmic dust reflected in his googly eyes as he basked in the stillness, utterly content.

But even infinity could not contain the near-mortal mind for long. Time was dead, inside of him, and eternity unfurled endlessly before him. Seconds stretched into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into eons. With each passing non-moment, the edges of reality frayed, and Cookie Monster's thoughts grew sparse.

First, he forgot the taste of chocolate chip cookies. Then, he forgot the joy of dunking oatmeal raisin into milk. Soon, he forgot his friends on Sesame Street, and the streets themselves vanished into oblivion. His memories dissolved like mist, and his consciousness ebbed into the formless tides of the void.

And so he sat, staring into the endless abyss with unblinking eyes. Beyond the vast black gulf of infinity, where entropy and order ceased to matter, Cookie Monster stopped thinking altogether.

He was nothing now, and everything. A fragment of the cosmos suspended in timeless bliss.

And as infinity swirled around him, time still lying in ruin, Cookie Monster remained, a silent sentinel in the vast void, full at last.

Thus passed the aeons, and the silence of the cosmos remained unbroken. But Time will find the way to escape, as it always did.

0